Hello everyone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! My name is Robin and I just joined this forum after lurking for a while. I have been a fan of Tolkien ever since The Fellowship of the Ring was in cinemas and ever since been collecting lots of LotR related stuff. The last couple of years I have been expanding my WETA collection and as such found this forum. (pictures follow soon)

After last Black Friday sales I re-found this forum and decided to join.

A couple of years back I made my dreamtrip and flew to New Zealand for a couple of weeks. There I visited lots of LotR locations, including Hobbiton and have been standing in front of The Roxy cinema during the New Zealand premier of The Battle of the Five Armies.

Maybe even better, within two weeks I am flying back to New Zealand again for a couple of weeks!

For now, I will start reading and commenting and speak to you guys!
    Last edited by Celaglar; 30th November 2017, 06:00.

Hi Robin,
    welcome to the forum, blessed that you will soon go to New Zealand, I will not go because I'm afraid to take the plane

Comment

Welcome to the forum
      lm jealous for your trip man!
      "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Hi and welcome =)

Comment

Welcome. I hope you have a great trip. Make sure you tell the guys at Weta you are a flamer.

Comment

Hi Celaglar. Welcome to our home away from home. Hope you enjoy it here.
            I too am a tad bit green with envy of you and your up coming trip. Safe travels and have a great time in 'Middle Earth'.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Robin!

We'd love to see some of your Hobbiton photos if you would care to share them with us.

Comment

Hi Robin, Welcome Like others, I'm jealous of your trip but hope to be making the journey to NZ next year . Have a great time !

Comment

Welcome to the "Flame of Udun".
                  The Argonath. Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin.

Comment

Welcome! Hope you have a very good trip
                    "Not all who wander are lost"

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Hullo Robin!
                        It was excellent to see your wonderfully presented collection over on the Profile thread! It's been jolly warmish of late here in the South Island (think 25°C daily); you might have to pack to suit!

And the North Island too! Whole of New Zealand really. Sorry, momentarily geographically-challenged there!
                        Last edited by Earl.Haig; 3rd December 2017, 01:02.
                        - Ars longa, vita brevis -

Comment

Thank you!

We are prepared for everything, from swim shorts to gloves and scarves... (up on the Tongariro it can be quite cold I remember).
                          Here in The Netherlands it is becoming very cold, thus we are looking forwarded to a bit more sun! We will be spending Christmas a beach around Picton and New Years at Queenstown!

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                            Thank you!

We are prepared for everything, from swim shorts to gloves and scarves... (up on the Tongariro it can be quite cold I remember).
                            Here in The Netherlands it is becoming very cold, thus we are looking forwarded to a bit more sun! We will be spending Christmas a beach around Picton and New Years at Queenstown!
                            That sounds marvellous!! Be sure when you are in Queenstown to head by Patagonia on the lake front (the Beach St location)- it has the most glorious ice-creams and sorbets imaginable, not to mention sweet treats of the highest order!!
                            - Ars longa, vita brevis -

Comment

Hi,
                              Welcome to the forum!
                              WANTED :
                              UC1430 Helm of Isildur
                              UC1371 Elven Knife of Strider

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Hello Robin and welcome to the Forum. Pull up a chair and join right in!

Comment

Working...
                                    X