This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lammen Gorthaur View Post
    I have tried several times to make a signature Banner and have failed everytime. If someone could be so kind to make one for me I will be more grateful than a soldier being 'released' by Gothmog.

If it takes a while to do then i'm sure I can sort out a form of troll related payment
    PM me!

Comment

Photos -- uploading from the forum

There maybe an easier/simpler/faster way than this, but I didn't find it.

My instructions are lengthy as I tend to over simplify things.

1. Place your curser over your user name in the top right corner -- in this case my User name is Help :P
      (See red box)

2. Left click on your User name and this list will come down:

3. Left click on "my Profile":
      (see red box)

And this screen appears:

4. Left click on "Media":
      (See red box)

To get this screen:

5. Left click on "Add Photos"

And you get this screen

6. Enter photo gallery title, this must be done before you "Post"
      (see red box)

7. Left click on "Upload", go to the picture on your computer that you want to share with us on the forum and double click on it, you will see:

8. If you wish to continue to upload more picture, click on "Upload More" until all pictures are up loaded.
      Please note you can put a maximum of 5 into each 'file'.

9. Once you have the pictures you want in that 'file' or you have your maximum of 5 in that file Left click on "Post"
      (see red box)

You will then see:

The file name, I have boxed in red, "Help", under that it states how many pictures in this that 'file', in this case there are 2.

10. Left click on the file name.
      (see red box in the picture above)

and you will see all the pictures in that file.

11. Left click on the picture you wish to share with the forum in a post, and will will encompass the whole screen.

12. Right click somewhere on that picture and you will see the following drop down box:

13. Left click on "Copy image address".

14. Go to the post that you want the photo to be in, I strongly suggest you have 2 tabs open; one on media, the other for your post.

15. Go to the top task bar for your post and Left click on the "A":
      (See red box)

This task bar now shows up:

16. Place your cruser where you want your photo to be in the post.
      Left click on the 'picture task',
      (see red box in the above photo)

This screen appears:

17. Make sure the box that is marked with the red square in the photo above does NOT have a check mark in it.

18. Place your curser in the URL box, right click and a drop down menu will appear, go down to, paste and Left click.

You will see the URL now in the box.

19. Complete your post and like always Left click on "post" once your post is completed

If you are still having problems don't be concerned to PM me.

Comment

I did it!

Comment

Yes Adipose, you did it. Congratulations.

You could not have chosen a finer picture to do it with either.

Welcome to the forum.

Adipose, can you please inform me as to which method you use. Thanks.

Comment

Great job Adipose now we are waiting for the rest of the pictures of your collection(s) and also from me a warm welcome here on board.

Comment

Oh. pics like THIS! Thanx Stig

Click image for larger version  Name:	whovianjewellery-banner2-oct2017.jpg?1507027260.jpg Views:	1 Size:	19.2 KB ID:	100258

Comment

Recently I've only been able to post 5 images per post when I try to upload pictures in different threads. It's quite annoying because if I have 6 or 7 images I have to make two different posts. But at the same time I've seen many others post many more pictures in the same thread.
                So what am I doing wrong?
                I've tried using different sites to upload my photos from, but I always get the same message, that the maximum is 5 images per post.

In this post for instance Anduin has posted 7 pictures in the same post. https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...736#post112736

What are they doing that I am doing wrong?

Comment

Herendil, you are doing nothing wrong and it has nothing at all to do with with third party site you are using. I am contacting Stig right now and he will change this for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Please screenshot that message for me

Comment

Just because I tried to do that it worked. Have you done something?
                      I'm gonna give it a try in another thread as well.

Comment

I tried again in my display case thread and I got the same message again.
                        Here is a screenshot of the message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fdRL2IwEWl5hna35hPzQuZXgKsee-74GnVy9pP5j9wBv9A-2VGfFGT19OyhEE3kuO0CqT84EDW3yo2tsaHg18GWYBFuSFv7Gn8bqlUV2QoxgRZxz0RksA8kGE3tQlE9FOCgcoTZLPRZU90V-fx6F8NEkjEvvD_J9gbOJeu-hAKckyoWLJyEws4-rwOMt0N_KrBWXlTpxaoCWAkkSB4rQKSBwjz7yfVnmxYTw1r6c1VbE3kNKuW2okYoJ56kI1tm
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	112844

Comment

Are you uploading the attachments from an URL or from a local device (phone, laptop, desktop, etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by Olórin View Post
                            Are you uploading the attachments from an URL or from a local device (phone, laptop, desktop, etc.)?
                            Url.
                            I tried to upload the pictures from both google photots and flickr, but got the same error.

Comment

Well... I'm officially stumped. I tried it myself, no problems. I tried with a normal user (without mod rights), again no problems.

Stig ??? HELP??

Comment

Would size of photos affect it?

Comment

I know what the problem is. Untick the "retrieve remote file and reference locally" and you should be ok.

I would like to make that the default option, but vbulletin isn't very cooperative. Big shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                    I know what the problem is. Untick the "retrieve remote file and reference locally" and you should be ok.

I would like to make that the default option, but vbulletin isn't very cooperative. Big shocker.

Thank you Stig, it now works better.
                                    But now another strange thing happened.
                                    When I tried to upload 9 pictures only 7 showed up. So I tried to upload one of the ones that didn't show up and it still wont show up. Do you have any idea why that is?
                                    Here is a link to the picture I tried to upload: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...BaTkpUYXpfU0NR

It works if I don't uncheck the for mentioned box.
                                    Last edited by Herendil; 27th March 2018, 17:16.

Comment

Oh, you use google images. It's a moody service

Comment

Don't know if this is the correct thread, but the new banner is very nice indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post
                                          Don't know if this is the correct thread, but the new banner is very nice indeed!
                                          Good a place as any and i agree, it looks quite excellent.

Nice work Stig .
                                          The Red Room
                                          https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Working...
                                          X