First Post - Where to begin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Post - Where to begin?

Hi all, long-time lurker on this particular forum (and even after 13 years on the RPF I'm hardly an omnipresent member there either). I've had my niche in interests and builds and I've generally kept it at that, but I think it's only right to say hello and give a brief summary of what I've done, thanks in no small part to the openness of many of the talented craftsman and fans here and elsewhere.

It's no surprise my favorite costumes are from Lord of the Rings. For the past 5 or so years, I've really become invested in sewing and leather craft, sponging up tribal knowledge from the industries I've worked in, including aviation and military R&D.

Here's some of my most recent work, most of which hasn't even been posted anywhere except Instagram. I just finished an Éowyn shieldmaiden, a 100% leather-free Faramir, and am deep into a complete Gandalf the White, both with all the painfully slow quilting and embroidery imaginable. Those each will merit their own threads soon. The rest of my time is chipping away at commissions, mostly with Gondorian Vambraces, Faramir replicas, and non-LOTR leather goods.

All this to say, thanks for the community, and I hope I can contribute a fraction of what's been shared with me, be it onscreen details or construction tips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0-2-576x1024.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	296987Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 1.24.58 PM.png
Views:	140
Size:	555.0 KB
ID:	296988Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 1.21.24 PM.png
Views:	147
Size:	766.6 KB
ID:	296989Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 1.22.28 PM.png
Views:	149
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	296990

?
    ~Nibs
    "A man is never more content, Watson, than when doing well what his nature has fitted him to do."

Welcome to the forum

Your work is amazing. Congratulations.?

Comment

Welcome!

That's some amazing work there - excellent job!

Comment

Really terrific work! Thanks for sharing it with us and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing more of your talent and getting to know you better.

Comment

Welcome, and great work!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Nibenon (Nibs) Your work is really terrific. An excellent job well done. Hopefully we get to see some more of your great art work. You definitely got a lot of talent man.

Comment

Welcome to the forum been following your work on IG for quite some time, it's always great!!

Comment

Welcome and what a fantastic art you make!

Comment

Wow your leather vambraces are amazing!! As is the rest of the Cosplay!!

Does your Éowyn shieldmaiden include her leather armor as well? Very much looking forward to seeing more of your work here.

Welcome to the forum, so glad you decided to stop lurking.

Comment

Welcome, and your cosplay is absolutely stunning

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
                      X