Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone!

Hello,

My name is Donnie and I am the owner of the new website lotrtoyarchive.com, as well as Lord of the Rings Action Figure Archive & Museum on Facebook. I have been on these forums long ago, but honestly cannot remember my old name here. I'm happy to be here and can't wait to read up. I wanted to introduce myself and share our new community with those that haven't heard about it yet.

I've spent over 20 years collecting Lord of the Rings toys, and documenting them. During my time I was fortunate enough to meet many of the sculptors, painters and employees of companies like Toy vault, Toy Biz, AOME, New Line Cinema, Warner to name a few. With those connections I build a large library of toy prototypes and advertising. Seeing the lack of information on these fine items, two years ago I decided to start a Facebook group with plans to launch an website, which came to reality yesterday. Our original FB group focus was only Toy Biz, but it grew over time and I decided to attempt to add EVERY LOTR TOY EVER CREATED!! We are very close to that goal now, and I am going to roll out the rest of the missing lines soon.

The website is built to be an online community with large searchable databases, insider interviews, collector spotlights, custom figure artists, toy photographers ect. I also go into detail on how figures were made in an education section of the site. We have a blog, forums, members area with file downloads and we are working on having a feature that tracks your Toy Biz collection and wish-list.

One of my goals is to give artists a platform and highlight their works. If you customize figures, sculpt, are a photographer or any other skill related to toys, please reach out to me and I will feature your work on the site.

I hope to see everyone on the site!

https://www.lotrtoyarchive.com

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TOYBIZLOTRMUSEUM

Welcome to the forum! A very cool website and an outstanding collection!
    argonathfbanner by

Comment

Welcome! I can see myself browsing your site just as much as I do on this one.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome and congratulations on your amazing website! Fantastic project

Comment

Even though i'm solely a statue collector I really enjoyed looking through, and reading some of the interviews. The head of merchandising had such an awesome job, i'm so jealous! He said he got friendly with people at Weta but didn't mention anything about being involved with Weta collectibles. But it's awesome he got a lifesize Smeagol statue from Richard Taylor!

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                Even though i'm solely a statue collector I really enjoyed looking through, and reading some of the interviews. The head of merchandising had such an awesome job, i'm so jealous! He said he got friendly with people at Weta but didn't mention anything about being involved with Weta collectibles. But it's awesome he got a lifesize Smeagol statue from Richard Taylor!
                Hey, John definitely had involvement with WETA, and is still friends with the team. We will be doing a series of these interviews with him in the near future. I will make it a point to talk about the Polystone items as well ;)

Comment

Originally posted by lotrtoyarchive.com View Post

Hey, John definitely had involvement with WETA, and is still friends with the team. We will be doing a series of these interviews with him in the near future. I will make it a point to talk about the Polystone items as well ;)
                  Awesome thanks!

I’m also curious as to why there weren’t any Hobbit movie games like EA did with TTT, ROTK and battle for Middle Earth. All I can remember is a mobile game and an incomplete Lego game - you could maybe ask him what went wrong there as he mentioned Lego were keen to do The Hobbit in Lego more so than LOTR, but they left Lego Hobbit incomplete.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Awesome thanks!

I’m also curious as to why there weren’t any Hobbit movie games like EA did with TTT, ROTK and battle for Middle Earth. All I can remember is a mobile game and an incomplete Lego game - you could maybe ask him what went wrong there as he mentioned Lego were keen to do The Hobbit in Lego more so than LOTR, but they left Lego Hobbit incomplete.
                    I will absolutely ask him. He was a key part in all of the video games. I know that he took a good bit of pride in those licenses. Hit me up on facebook if you want. Donnie Cryder Nashville USA

Comment

The Lego game was actually really good. Included a few new elements which was needed as the LEGO games at that time started to feel a bit alike. Was so bummed out that we never got a DLC, not even a condensed one.

Comment

Welcome to the Flame

Comment

Working...
                        X