Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member — GalaSan

Hi dear friends,
    My name's Gary, I live in Switzerland (near Neuchâtel where John Howe currently lives ;).
    I'm 23 years old and I'm passionate about fantasy and science-fiction since I was a child, but I've got to admit that the Lord of The Rings is far beyond my favorite trilogy I've ever experienced ! I have quite a few collectibles and pretty big ones...

Other than that, I'm a graphic designer and I'm fond of illustration, art, design, typography, cinema and photography.
    On my personnal projects, I'm working on a typeface inspired by vilains in LOTR....

Here is a small part of my collection at home, I hope you'll enjoy. I'll post the others pictures on another topic concerning my collection.

I'm looking forward to spend some time here on this forum, meet other passionate people and share great things !
    Bye and see you soon.
    Gary

Last edited by GalaSan; 4 December 2020, 09:19.

Welcome to the forum! Your photos and collection are amazing!
    https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Amazing! And welcome

Loving the pics so far, I look forward to seeing more!
      By the way - I think you have a sticker still on the horse on the Gandalf and Frodo on cart statue?

Comment

WOW! I love your collection and the way you have displayed it! Welcome to the forum Gary, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing more of your collection.

P.S. Are those Ikea display cabinets?

Comment

GalaSan welcome!

Some fantastic shots, thank you for sharing

Comment

Thank you very much everyone, I'm glad you love the pictures and my collection, I'm happy to be here !

??????
            I don't even know why I haven't found thic forum earlier

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
            Amazing! And welcome

Loving the pics so far, I look forward to seeing more!
            By the way - I think you have a sticker still on the horse on the Gandalf and Frodo on cart statue?
            Hahah yes, I've noticed once I've sorted the pictures Thank you for that

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
            WOW! I love your collection and the way you have displayed it! Welcome to the forum Gary, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing more of your collection.

P.S. Are those Ikea display cabinets?
            Thank you so much, me too
            No, actually those cabinets are custom made in Switzerland. There are different width and depth and I've got 5 of them. Two of them measure 100cm(W)/52cm(D)/H180cm(H) and the others are smaller.

Unfortunately, they are pretty expensive (1525.- Swiss Francs) but it is real quality and almost totally dustproof. The glass thickness is 0.8mm. I added later on the light up.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Congratulations for your wonderful collection
                welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome !

Comment

Originally posted by GalaSan

Thank you so much, me too
                    No, actually those cabinets are custom made in Switzerland. There are different width and depth and I've got 5 of them. Two of them measure 100cm(W)/52cm(D)/H180cm(H) and the others are smaller.

Unfortunately, they are pretty expensive (1525.- Swiss Francs) but it is real quality and almost totally dustproof. The glass thickness is 0.8mm. I added later on the light up.

I think that the cabinets are terrific. What kind of LED lighting system did you use, it looks like it on a track.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Great collection!

Comment

Thank you very much everyone for your warm welcome !
                        The lights used come from "Feelux Lighting Inc." They are indeed fixed on a track and each light is independently moveable and adjustable which is a great system.
                        The track is simply sticked on the corner of the cabinet
                        Images will be more useful than my explanations

Comment

That's awesome! Thanks for the info. Love the look and flexibility of it. It looks like you went with the Monorail Spot. Did you use the power supply track by itself or did you use the Rail Extrusion Line as well? I will definitely be looking into this option. No prices on their website but hopefully it is not too pricey.

Comment

Welcome aboard GalaSan. Great collection.

Comment

Thank you very much everybody

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                              Did you use the power supply track by itself or did you use the Rail Extrusion Line as well?
                              I don't really know the difference but this is the system attached with the electric plug. I think it is a great combo those display cases and those lights. It is really handy and gives a great presentation

Comment

Originally posted by GalaSan View Post
                                Thank you very much everybody

I don't really know the difference but this is the system attached with the electric plug. I think it is a great combo those display cases and those lights. It is really handy and gives a great presentation

Hey thanks! I will most definitely be using this LED system in part of my collection displays. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

You're welcome Sir, I'm glad having helped and convinced you
                                  Yeah, this light system is great in my opinion !

Comment

Salut, Neuchâtel is such a charming city. It reminds me of taking the family on weekends and park near the castle, eat an bâtons aux amandes the like of which I will not find in my world today. I lived in Vevey and near Lausanne for 8 years. Switzerland and the swiss inspired Tolkien so much, I can understand, It changed me also.

Very neat collection, congrats.

Here, a gift, my 2000th post.

Comment

Hahah thank you for your message, indeed Switzerland is a great and beautiful country, such as yours
                                      John Howe is a drawing teacher in a school near where I work which is amazing !

The lake, the forest and the mountains were an endless inspiration for him. When I go for a walk, I feel like I could be somewhere in the Middle Earth

Comment

Working...
                                      X