Hello! Been a long while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Been a long while...

I've been awol for a long time. I didn't know how long until I looked it up, over five years. Wow.

Lots happened since then. Both my parents died. Lost my job. Got a new job. Was in the hospital for three days over the summer and now seriously overworked and underpaid. Life has been a bit rough. Going through an illness right now and hopefully, that will end soon.

I'm really hoping to post sometimes here. I so love LOTR and the Hobbit. I miss all of this so much. I'm ready to get back on again with some positivity.

Hope to post more and talk to all of you!

Oh hi!

So glad to hear from you again Arwen and that you are back with us again. Has it really been 5 years? Crazy...

Sorry to hear about your parents and that you have had some trials, especially with your health but here is to you been back again. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Comment

Welcome back Arwen

Comment

Welcome back Arwensbane .

Was hoping that it was wonderful adventures that was keeping you away from this place.

Sorry to hear about your parents and your own illness. Hopefully in the long run being able to 'switch' jobs will be a wonderful happening.

May the forum decrease some of the stress in your life, allowing you to get better that much faster. So glad you have found your way back here.

Comment

You seem to have had quite the adventure Arwensbane, but we will never class you as a 'disturber of the peace' so welcome back. Plenty too catch up on so 'Happy Thread Hopping'

Comment

Welcome back! ... 5 years? naaaaah! It can't be!

Mild mannered maniac.

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I really appreciate them! Dave mac, I have been known at work to be a "disturber of the peace" so no problem with that label. LOL

Having seen my parents go and having my own illness really put my life into perspective, though. I'm starting to now enjoy the little things in life and not pass them up like I used to. I feel like a Hobbit. LOL

Comment

Wow. 5 years. It is unbelievable.

I’m sorry to hear about your parents. It is times like those that we wish we were immortal and not have to deal with the loss. I hope you are coping ok.

Glad to have you back and posting.

Comment

Glad to see you back, Arwensbane!
                  Hope to have regular visits of you here and that 2021 will be a wonderful year for you

Comment

Welcome back! Your story reminds me of Thorin, not Arwen. Robbed of her homeland Arwensbane wandered the wilderness for 5 years a once mighty person brought low by sickness. The young elf princess took work where she could find it laboring more than she'd like. But always she remembered FoU…... And she never forgave being underpaid… and she never forgot mom and dad.

On the bright side Thorin dies king. PS: stay away from pale orcs.

Comment

Welcome back, sorry for your loss.

Comment

Again, thanks so much for all the welcome backs! @pocketreef...man, my life sounds more interesting than it really is. LOL I am short and stocky like a dwarf. ;)

Well, yeah totally underpaid, but managed to find some cash to treat myself to a LOTR 4K with the ring before selling out at Target. Not sure if I should cancel, but still have it in my cart. ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X