Congratulations to our new TOP POSTER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to our new TOP POSTER!

I want to be the first person to congratulate Ithildin for posting more than anyone else on this forum!! He is the first 'non'-mod to receive this honour.

I am very happy to hand over this 'title' to such an enthusiastic, great hearted person and member. As others have said in his 7000+ thread, this forum would not be the friendly, enjoyable and enthusiastic place it is without Ithildin on it. I would like to say that this title comes with a brand new keyboard, but as that is not the case, all I can suggest is to hold back a bit of money for this expense.

I know that with this post we will be even as far as post numbers go*, but once he comments he will once again be the TOP POSTER.

Congrats my friend and please, please keep up the posting.

*Should have known he would have another post before I completed this new thread.
    Last edited by Minuialwen; 9 August 2020, 07:50. Reason: Edit

Min and Ith - the powercouple of FoU

Together you have about 10% of all the posts here

Amazing effort, the both of you!

The rest of us trying to keep up:

Comment

Congrats to Ithildin =)

Comment

Aw, THANK YOU so much!

LOL, I thought that there were lots of people that had more posts that me. Shows you how much attention that I pay to such things.

I love this forum and the wonderful people here. It is one of my lifelines to sanity. I was all alone in the world with my hobby before I found the S&F and didn't have a soul to rave-on about my love of Middle Earth and it was a very lonely time for me. There were many times during that that I thought that I would just chuck-it-all and sell off my collection because there was no-one to share it with and my and family are really not supportive and most of my friends (the ones I was brave enough to tell that I had such an affliction) thought that I was a little nutty for having a passion for such things. But that all changed when I found the S&F. For a long time, I just visited as a guest and enjoyed reading the posts, I felt too shy to actually join and post a comment on the topics I was reading. I thought to myself, why would anyone care what I thought? But finally I took the scary step into the unknown and joined and was accepted and then made my first post. I can't explain the overwhelming feeling that I experienced by the kind welcome I received from the forum members. The scary wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and I slowly stepped outside of my shy box and started posting a few comments. It was so amazingly liberating to finally find people that didn't look at me like I was weird or strange or in need some kind of psychiatric help. To be able to share my enthusiasm for my passion with others that felt the same way was like being found by rescuers when you are lost in the woods at night and didn't know where to turn to find your way. This is a safe place for me. A place where I can be myself and not have to hide who I am like I do with the rest of the world that I interact with. It's freedom, it's home.

So thank you all for allowing me to be myself. Accepting my crazy outbursts of enthusiasm when I get on a polyheroin fueled bender and letting me, well, just be me. It's an incredible experience to be able to be truly yourself. No masks, no pretending, just yourself. Even if it's just here among friends that I will most likely never meet personally. But that doesn't mean anything to me. To me you are all as valued and dear to me as my friends that I have around where I live.

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by Ithildin; 9 August 2020, 11:54.

Comment

We are very glad we helped you come out of the closet, dear Ithildin

Comment

Congrats! I’m so glad you’re here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
              We are very glad we helped you come out of the closet, dear Ithildin
              Originally posted by Elessar View Post
              Congrats! I’m so glad you’re here.
              Thanks!

Comment

It is your enthusiasm that fuels our forum. So keep up the great work.

Comment

Way to go Ith! Happy you’re here

Comment

Originally posted by efraga View Post
                    It is your enthusiasm that fuels our forum. So keep up the great work.
                    Originally posted by Valar View Post
                    Way to go Ith! Happy you’re here
                    Thank you!

Comment

Blimey.... you talk too much.

But seriously. I LOVE YOUR POSTS.

Congrats

Comment

It's your Pocket calling. Don't go where I can't follow! Wake up, Mr. Ith!

Comment

Congratulations and cheers that's some good amount of posts

Comment

yup, congrats are certainly in order here... nicely done (quantity and quality)

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                              Blimey.... you talk too much.

But seriously. I LOVE YOUR POSTS.

Congrats
                              Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                              It's your Pocket calling. Don't go where I can't follow! Wake up, Mr. Ith!
                              Originally posted by Valheruerkan View Post
                              Congratulations and cheers that's some good amount of posts
                              Originally posted by Otaku View Post
                              yup, congrats are certainly in order here... nicely done (quantity and quality)
                              Thanks my friends!

Haha, it's funny I am usually pretty quiet and don't talk too much but get me started on LOTR and I'll talk your ears off.

Comment

Congrats on the top post!
                                "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

I´m a little bit to late

CONGRATS!

Comment

Originally posted by Warofoz View Post
                                    Congrats on the top post!
                                    Originally posted by Plat View Post
                                    I´m a little bit to late

CONGRATS!
                                    Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...