Many new members, please introduce yourself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Central Alberta. How about you Pistol ?

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Owen from the UK and I'm relatively new to collecting all things LOTR, having started last year.
      This forum has been such a fantastic source of information and has been a big help so I thought now was the time to make an introduction.
      Currently living in a flat so haven't got the room id like to display everything perfectly, but hopefully 2020 we will be moving into a house and some of the displays I have seen here have given me lots to think about!

Looking forward to chatting with you all and many thanks for having such an awesome community.

Comment

Hi Goronwy.

Great to hear that this forum has been such an inspiration to you that you decided to join. Hopefully you will continue to get great ideas and be able to create the display of your dreams.

Comment

Howdy guys, im from NSW Australia
          Ive been a member over on TheRPF for about 7yrs now, and so i began getting into serious prop etc collecting around 2012.
          About a 1.5yrs ago i also discovered the whole 'facebook groups' thing and it has been a massive eye opener ever since. I had no idea these dedicated communities existed and love seeing people share their collections and custom pieces.

I collect a wide range of props, models and figures from all genres. When it comes to middle earth though, full scale weapons/props are my main focus.
          After seeing fellow member 'Radagasts' pics of his original hobbit props and crew items, i thought it would be fun to share some of mine aswell so i joined up.
          I recently moved house so once ive made some display cabinets hopefully over the xmas break, i can finally take some pics. cheers

Comment

Welcome Goronwy and Bomburnator

Comment

Welcome folks! Imagine the sensation Hobbits had when entering the Green Dragon, that's what I feel when I open this forum. Glad you found your way here too.

Comment

Welcome, welcome, thrice welcome

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                  Welcome folks! Imagine the sensation Hobbits had when entering the Green Dragon, that's what I feel when I open this forum. Glad you found your way here too.
                  Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I think that certainly sums up the feeling pocketreef!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                    I live in Central Alberta. How about you Pistol ?
                    I live in Southern Ontario

Comment

Happy to be here... Same name from the old S&F forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post

I live in Southern Ontario

Thanks for the info Pistol.

On the other side of the country. Us western Canadian's seem to be few and far between.

Originally posted by Toffeepops View Post
                        Happy to be here... Same name from the old S&F forum.
                        So glad you were finally able to find your way to the Flames new home Toffeepops.

Comment

Hi all!
                          My name is Darrell and this actually the first forum I’ve ever been on! Glad to be amongst fellow LOTR fans! I’m from VA but currently reside in FL and will be heading to CA very soon!

First and foremost, let me say that my love for the Lord of the Rings is just a bit different than most people that I’ve seen on here. I wish I had a story about how the books shaped my childhood but unfortunately they weren’t on my radar for some reason. My love for LOTR came about strictly from my love for the films. As a teenager, I was so inspired by what Jackson put on screen with The Lord of the Rings, that I decided then and there to become a filmmaker. I knew I had to get into the art of filmmaking; Cinematography to be more specific. To this day, I’m still in love with the beauty in those films. Simply incredible achievements that are wondrous to behold in every way. The camerawork. The art direction; Just amazing. I’m anxiously awaiting the 4k Blu-ray release that Warner Bros. is working on so I can watch them all over again, remastered. (hopefully in the proper ways).

Lord of the Rings was the most major contributor in my decision to pursue a career in filmmaking. I was in awe of it and remain so to this day. I just recently attained my master’s in film production in June and hope to one day craft my own work on the big screen as well. If anyone recognizes the icon of my avatar, you’ll know what property I hope to adapt someday! This is a short post but that’s me in a nutshell really.

I am however a collector also, like so many of you! I have just recently completed my Sideshow/ Weta collection and am immensely proud of it. I am only really interested in the polystone figures so that is what I have. I actually found this forum because I purchased a used collectible from someone on eBay who told me he got it from a craftsman on here! I wonder if they’re still around? It’s a custom environment of the Tomb of Balin- Has anyone on here created something like that? Anyways, I also noticed a thread somewhere on here about a registry so if someone could tell me how to properly submit my numbers, that’d be great! Here are some recent photos! Thanks for the welcome email and I look forward to chatting with you!

Last edited by Mithrandir85; 31st January 2020, 06:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir85 View Post
                            My name is Darrell and this actually the first forum I’ve ever been on! Glad to be amongst fellow LOTR fans! I’m from VA but currently reside in FL and will be heading to CA very soon!
                            If you had been heading to Spain (ES) soon instead of California, it would almost spell WAFFLES

Very glad to have more creative persons on board. I have dabbled with the movie industry myself, but am FAAAR from a Masters degree in anything. Having made it through and gotten one is very impressive I am looking forward to see you dream project come to light one day. It's a visually impressive property

Welcome!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8B90CE20-F625-459F-83FA-2380121C1786.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	167078Click image for larger version

Name:	C73197B2-FC8E-46D6-BF1B-A0E2D7AE6F18.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	167079Click image for larger version

Name:	B89D3E5E-6C1A-48FE-BC1B-D7B3CA058FDF.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	167080Click image for larger version

Name:	C5A9143B-1F97-4186-83E1-DAE1A45A6AD6.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	167081Click image for larger version

Name:	52047B8D-7A1C-447D-846E-C15D0BB517CF.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	167077 Some pics of my setup!

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

If you had been heading to Spain (ES) soon instead of California, it would almost spell WAFFLES

Very glad to have more creative persons on board. I have dabbled with the movie industry myself, but am FAAAR from a Masters degree in anything. Having made it through and gotten one is very impressive I am looking forward to see you dream project come to light one day. It's a visually impressive property

Welcome!

Thanks very much! Glad to be here!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir85 View Post

Thanks very much! Glad to be here!
                                  Hi Mithrandir85.

Congrats on your Masters, very impressive indeed. Second congrats on your completion of your SideShow/Weta collection.

On to answering a couple of your questions, to find out more about Balin's Tomb click on this link: https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/ar...pm-s-sent-9-28
                                  You will find that Kyle is very much still around and has just completed one project and is about to place up a thread about his next project. Check out the Art thread for more info on this.
                                  Now about that Registry that you mentioned, you will find it here: I see that you found it. The member that started this registry, Eti , is rather 'lax' in getting things added, so as a mod, I have been helping him out. I'm rather busy at the moment, but please be assured that by this time next week your collection will have been added. My apologies in advance for it taking so long.

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. If you have any problems or questions please feel free to either post them or PM me, I would be more than happy to help you out any way that I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Hi Mithrandir85.

Congrats on your Masters, very impressive indeed. Second congrats on your completion of your SideShow/Weta collection.

On to answering a couple of your questions, to find out more about Balin's Tomb click on this link: https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/ar...pm-s-sent-9-28
                                    You will find that Kyle is very much still around and has just completed one project and is about to place up a thread about his next project. Check out the Art thread for more info on this.
                                    Now about that Registry that you mentioned, you will find it here: I see that you found it. The member that started this registry, Eti , is rather 'lax' in getting things added, so as a mod, I have been helping him out. I'm rather busy at the moment, but please be assured that by this time next week your collection will have been added. My apologies in advance for it taking so long.

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. If you have any problems or questions please feel free to either post them or PM me, I would be more than happy to help you out any way that I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post
                                      Being 'lax' is a compliment, isn't it?

Comment

Depending on what you are LAX on, if it is a registery that you started, then no, well except when extremely busy, that that is just for a few days, not a year or has it been two now?

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the welcome and information. I’ve been checking out several threads throughout the day. That Kyle is a talented individual! Didn’t know about the medallion continuation project- excited to get on that list! He does some great work. Can’t wait to check out some other projects that other collectors are working on!

Comment

Working...
                                          X