Many new members, please introduce yourself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UlliPekka View Post
    Hey guys)
    I'm from Russia, Moscow and I also have a small collection on the Lord of the Rings.
    I do not know in Your countries, but in Russia, the book the Hobbit must read and study)
    I read it and then the Lord of the Rings in 7th grade and from that time I realized that I fell in love once and for all)
    I speak bad English and translate through an online translator)
    Welcome! There are many things I disagree with the Russian government about, but at least they got studying The Hobbit right!

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Welcome! There are many things I disagree with the Russian government about, but at least they got studying The Hobbit right!
      Ha ha))
      Believe me) in Russia, too, very many are not happy with our government)
      BUT.. Russia has a delightful sequel to the Lord of the Rings. By Nick Perumov.
      This trilogy is the Ring of darkness the action of the book begins in the Shire, three hundred years after the end of the War of the Ring.
      The main character of the series is the hobbit Falco of Brundibar, a descendant of Meriadoc of Brandbach.
      The bottom line is that when the end of the War of the Ring, the ring of omnipotence was destroyed, happened the eruption of the volcano. Parts of the ring, along with pieces of lava scattered around the world. 300 years, one man begins to search for and collect parts of the ring of omnipotence...

I'll try to retell the plot)

After Dwarf - exile Torin brought to Shire disturbing news: Moria again captured foothill horror , roads are not safe , and the Orcs , who , it seemed , had disappeared , re- gather strength . Together with Thorin young hobbit Falco Brendibek sent in Annúminas , to report about all To the governor of Arnor .

On the way, fate confronts them in a fight with the brutal hunchback Sandello , who serves in the detachment of very suspicious wanderers . They become witnesses of turmoil in Arnor , the spread of dark cults . The companion of the hobbit and the gnome is the old forester Rogvold . In addition, Folco reduces familiarity with one of the Istari Order - Radagast Karim , who remained in Middle-earth , choosing the fate of man .

In Annuminas, the heroes made friends with a large and noisy diaspora of gnomes , among whom they lived a whole year . Unable to convince the governor to take serious measures , Folko , Torin and Rogvold as part of the gnome detachment set off to free Moria . On the way, they have to fight off the robbers .Also at Cirannona Folco, he again meets Sandello and his commander , Olmer . Warriors are trying to make amends for past misunderstandings , and Olmer in a sign of reconciliation gives hobbit magic dagger abhor .

The wonderful features of this dagger played an important role in the dwarfs' journey through Moria . Fighting with the Orcs , they manage to find out , that the enemies had sent in Moria some Leader , heir to the ancient dark forces . In the hearth of Dyurin, the dwarves forged a mithril weapon and armor for themselves and the hobbit . But under the pressure of Terror Deep squad forced to leave Moria , having lost at this one of the participants of the campaign .

Most of the dwarves comes to Erebor for reinforcements , but Falco , Torin and adjoined to him the dwarf Little choose another path . They go to Isengard in hope to learn that - something about mysterious Chieftain . On the way they meet a lot of hostile -minded groups of wild tribes , in that number - with far East . The treebeard warmly welcomes the heroes , but the secrets of the Orthank tower are ancient and worthless .

On ships Marine Folk ( descendants umbarskih corsairs ) dwarves and Hobbit returned sea way back in Arnor . Here they learn , that the army of robbers of Angmar , Easterling and orcs , under the command of Chief , attacked at Fornost . The governor’s squad and the gnome’s hird break invaders in the battle of Annuminas .

The battle heroes notice Sandell on the side of the enemy , and will soon find out , that mysterious Leader was Olmer . Radagast , who feels the dark power in the Leader , tells the heroes to find Olmer and put an end to him once and for all .

Folk , Thorin and the Kid leave the service of the Viceroy and go in pursuit of Olmer . Along the way, they manage to question some of Olmer's former warriors . Heroes with a surprise find , that those are the Leader is not out of fear or benefits , and of sincere devotion . In their on a journey, the trinity of friends goes far to the East , following the path of the Leader . Pathfinders people dorvagov spend heroes through the mountains to the very Citadel Olmera .

When meeting with the Leader’s people, the heroes pretend to be his supporters , and in the Citadel they say that they allegedly want to join the ranks of Olmer’s troops . Sami Olmer and Sandello , who went on a campaign , they do not catch . Winning the local tournament , Folco and the Dwarves earned the honor of joining. to Captain Othon ’s squad . Detachment Otho goes on the search for a mysterious place , known as the House of the High .

Falco made friends with Otho , not opening it , however , its purposes . The hobbit rescues his captain and the entire squad several times . Falco starts to understand , that it is difficult to turn the sword against those , with whom he shared the hardships , even if they are the enemy . He also secretly driving relationship with the elves - Awari , protecting the house of the High . Once in the citadel of the Black Dwarf , serving Great Orlanguru , he tries to persuade them to act against Olmera , but dwarves decide to keep neutrality .

Not made their way to the House of the High , Otho the no less find something important to Olmera - place the fall of the Heavenly Fire , from which Olmer draws strength . The leader arrives at the place and at the same time arranges a trio of real interrogation . Realizing , that they are under suspicion , Falco and gnomes run away from the squad .

Forve , the prince of the elves , leads them to the Great Orlangur , the Spirit of Knowledge in the form of a dragon . Orlangur he says , that " heavenly fire " Olmera - remnants of the Rings Nazgul . If Olmer becomes too strong , the Valars will be forced to intervene openly and destroy Middle-earth in battle Dagor Dagorrat , so that it does not go to Darkness .

Heroes together with acceding to them elves - Avari trying to warn the King of Gondor , but he did not heed them . They arrange an ambush in Dol Guldur , but to cope with Olmerom , which forges of the nine rings of a single ring of darkness , they have not succeed . Horde of the Leader intrude into Rohan . Heroes fight on the side of the Rohirrims , but Rohan's army suffers two crushing defeats . When the same Gondor comes to help Rohan , Olmer is king in the fight , and the meanest reception kills him .
      Almost the whole West is now in the hands of the Leader , he is moving to the Gray Harbors . Reflecting the invasion of the orcs on Hobbitania , the folks and the gnomes are hurrying there too . Troops Olmera not can take the city by storm , and then Olmer calls to help the undead - undead and the spirits of darkness , who served Melkor and Sauron , - at the cost of the final loss of their human essence . He kills Kerdan Korabel in a duel and puts Middle-earth on the brink of Dagor Dagorrath . But at the last moment, his human soul is praying to Folco to set her free . Falco kills Olmera bestowed them the dagger .

Death Olmera not mean victory for the forces of the West: Middle-earth remains under the authority of the conquerors , but now the it's ordinary people , and not the servant of the Leader . Sandell gives hobbit Ring of Darkness , so he threw it into Mount Doom .
      Last edited by UlliPekka; 28th November 2019, 09:40.

Comment

Originally posted by UlliPekka View Post
        Hey guys)
        I'm from Russia, Moscow and I also have a small collection on the Lord of the Rings.
        I do not know in Your countries, but in Russia, the book the Hobbit must read and study)
        I read it and then the Lord of the Rings in 7th grade and from that time I realized that I fell in love once and for all)
        I speak bad English and translate through an online translator)
        Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum UlliPekka! It's a great place to be.

Comment

Hi UlliPekka. This is for you.

I bet some of you have never seen this before
            Last edited by Ronin; 28th November 2019, 21:06.

Comment

Thanks guys)

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
              Hi UlliPekka. This is for you.

I bet some of you have never seen this before
              Oh yeah)) I remember)) one day I tried to watch. but I couldn't see it through)))

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Shan here from Singapore. I've been a lurker on the forums for many many years. Never really thought to create an account or post anything, partially because I didnt really have a collection to showcase. I'm a major LOTR fan but unfortunately not too many fans in the area. Finally decided to join up to seek help and advice from the community regarding collecting LOTR paraphernalia

My first encounter with the saga was in 2004 after all the movies had come out Was on a flight and the inflight entertainment had ROTK as an option. The system had split the movie in two parts and I had unknowingly selected the second half of the movie. I was immediately hit by the awesome scenes of war of the final battle just as Frodo was about to destroy the ring. It was a beautiful moment I fell in love with it and I had no idea what I was watching. Once the plane landed I got to the nearest giftstore in the airport and purchased all three books. Never looked back.

Started collecting LOTR stuff a year later in 2005. Didnt have much spending power(15 at the time) so I started with posters of the movies. Not reprints but the actual double sided ones that were supposed to be destroyed. The first two movies were simple couple of teasers couple of actual posters. ROTK was the killer, 8 or more teasers and 4 actual posters if I'm not wrong. Ah the joy I had looking at the posters, carefully rolling them back up and keeping them safely into the cardboard holders.

At 17 got my first LSB, Sauron. The size and sheer majesty of it was astounding. Unfortunately sold it off at 18. Started again a year later with Balrog LSB and now just two left(witch king and ringwratih LSB) before my LSB collection is complete

I hope the veterans can guide me in my lofty quest as I look forward to what is to be my crowning glory

Sincerely
                Shan

Comment

Hi Shan, welcome to the best forum on the net! Glad you decided to join us and look forward to your thoughts and opinions on all thing Middle Earth. Nice to see a fellow movie poster collector. I have a few myself.

This is one of my favorites it was really hard to find. Such a great moment from the film and I wish Weta would do a diorama of it in 1/6.

Anyway, great to have you here and don't worry we will all help you spend your money on LOTR polystone.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Ithildin! Love your posters! Argonath always was the one that gave me goosebumps, just beautiful.

Comment

Hello. I am the same MrPickles from the Sideshow Freaks forum as well as Rebelscum. I recognize a few names here from over there. Maybe a long time ago I might have registered here before, but can't remember. Signed up again b/c news/traffic over at the SS board is pretty much dead when it comes to Weta collectibles these days. I'm mostly a Star Wars & LOTR/Hobbit collector, but have many other pop culture pieces as well. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hi everyone. I think I introduced myself when I first joined the forum, but then life took over and I was rarely on for quite awhile and when I was it was a quick lurk. So I figure its time to try this whole introduction again.

My name is Elizabeth and I am from Pennsylvania/New Jersey in the US. I first became interested in Tolkien and Middle Earth when the trilogy came out (like many people). I was too young when the fellowship came out to have read the books. My mother loved (and still loves) the books and movies and so it became tradition for us to see the movies together. Eventually I decided I wanted more of that world and started reading the books and the rest is history.

I started collecting LoTR related books first (literally everything my brother and I could get our hands on).

My first collectible came about thanks to a Black Friday Sale (Rivendell Environment) and the rest is history. I collect mainly Elves but have broken my own rule occasionally (Eomer!) My collection right now is fairly small is mainly newer WETA pieces but I am looking forward to finding and collecting older pieces as well once I have room to display.

I also collect Star Wars and Stargate items as well.

I look forward to actually having time to get to know everyone!

Comment

Welcome folks! I sold my other collections to focus on ME. There is so much amazing stuff to keep our pockets empty and basements full. Please create a thread update your collection from time to time.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mr.P and Elavie! Great you made it here. Looking forward to your thoughts on our fun hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by ShanElan View Post
                              Hi Everyone!

Shan here from Singapore. I've been a lurker on the forums for many many years. Never really thought to create an account or post anything, partially because I didnt really have a collection to showcase. I'm a major LOTR fan but unfortunately not too many fans in the area.
                              This is one of the best reasons to join this forum, and this wonderful 'ME family', as we all 'speak the same language', and we understand each others passion, when few around us can. One doesn't need a 'collection' to show case, just Middle-earth in our blood to feel like one belongs. Glad you finally decided to join Shan.

Finally decided to join up to seek help and advice from the community regarding collecting LOTR paraphernalia
                              Great place to look for advice on all things Middle-earth.

My first encounter with the saga was in 2004 after all the movies had come out Was on a flight and the inflight entertainment had ROTK as an option. The system had split the movie in two parts and I had unknowingly selected the second half of the movie. I was immediately hit by the awesome scenes of war of the final battle just as Frodo was about to destroy the ring. It was a beautiful moment I fell in love with it and I had no idea what I was watching. Once the plane landed I got to the nearest giftstore in the airport and purchased all three books. Never looked back.
                              What a heck of a way to be introduced into Middle-earth.

Started collecting LOTR stuff a year later in 2005. Didnt have much spending power(15 at the time) so I started with posters of the movies. Not reprints but the actual double sided ones that were supposed to be destroyed. The first two movies were simple couple of teasers couple of actual posters. ROTK was the killer, 8 or more teasers and 4 actual posters if I'm not wrong. Ah the joy I had looking at the posters, carefully rolling them back up and keeping them safely into the cardboard holders.

At 17 got my first LSB, Sauron. The size and sheer majesty of it was astounding. Unfortunately sold it off at 18. Started again a year later with Balrog LSB and now just two left(witch king and ringwratih LSB) before my LSB collection is complete

I hope the veterans can guide me in my lofty quest as I look forward to what is to be my crowning glory

Sincerely
                              Shan
                              If this 'lofty quest' means that we can help you spend your hard earned money, there are many here that I am sure will do their best to help you with that, in one way or another.

Originally posted by MrPickles View Post
                              Hello. I am the same MrPickles from the Sideshow Freaks forum as well as Rebelscum. I recognize a few names here from over there. Maybe a long time ago I might have registered here before, but can't remember. Signed up again b/c news/traffic over at the SS board is pretty much dead when it comes to Weta collectibles these days. I'm mostly a Star Wars & LOTR/Hobbit collector, but have many other pop culture pieces as well. Thanks for having me.
                              Welcome MrPickles.

Those that know me well know what I am about to say and are rolling their eyeballs right about now ... The minute I saw your member name, I thought you must love Hobbiton and cats. I figured that there was a new member that I would be able to talk about Hobbiton with. Reading the rest of your introduction, I take it your user name doesn't come from the Hobbiton cat named Pickles though.

I do hope you enjoy your time on this forum.

Originally posted by Elavie View Post
                              Hi everyone. I think I introduced myself when I first joined the forum, but then life took over and I was rarely on for quite awhile and when I was it was a quick lurk. So I figure its time to try this whole introduction again.

My first collectible came about thanks to a Black Friday Sale (Rivendell Environment) and the rest is history. I collect mainly Elves but have broken my own rule occasionally (Eomer!) My collection right now is fairly small is mainly newer WETA pieces but I am looking forward to finding and collecting older pieces as well once I have room to display.

I also collect Star Wars and Stargate items as well.

I look forward to actually having time to get to know everyone!
                              Hi Elavie.
                              I see you found the slippery slope, the one that we have all been on at one time or another, and many of us still are. Collecting, something that makes us all happy and our bank accounts very sad. Glad that you were able to find some time to come back and enjoy the forum.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Shan here from Singapore. I've been a lurker on the forums for many many years. Never really thought to create an account or post anything, partially because I didnt really have a collection to showcase. I'm a major LOTR fan but unfortunately not too many fans in the area. Finally decided to join up to seek help and advice from the community regarding collecting LOTR paraphernalia

Sincerely
                                Shan
                                Hey! Fellow Singaporean here!!! Kopi !! Noob collector also..

Comment

Welcome all. I really enjoy reading your introductions

Comment

Hey newbies - don't miss out on the Party Business

Comment

Hey everyone!
                                      I'm Peter from Canada.
                                      Looking forward to seeing everyone's collection!
                                      I have been collecting slowly over the past 10+ years, and unfortunately my collection has been sitting in boxes just waiting for the day they can be displayed.
                                      Currently finishing my basement to be able to finally put out everything on display.. it's taken a long time, but really looking forward to it.
                                      Thanks for the forum and look forward to meeting like minded people.

Comment

Hi Pistol . Welcome to the Flame of Udun. It is nice to see another Canadian on this forum.

It sounds like your collection will soon be able to get our of their stuffy boxes and enjoy so fresh air and a bit of day light. I bet you can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                                          Hi Pistol . Welcome to the Flame of Udun. It is nice to see another Canadian on this forum.

It sounds like your collection will soon be able to get our of their stuffy boxes and enjoy so fresh air and a bit of day light. I bet you can't wait.
                                          Thanks Minuialwen. Whereabouts in Canada?
                                          I am pretty excited. Why have something so great just tucked away in a box.. It pushes me more to get the basement done sooner rather than later knowing the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                          X