keep it secret, keep it safe Tour at Weta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep it secret, keep it safe Tour at Weta

Not sure how to go about this but I figure its worth a try.

I know some lucky FOU members have had a behind the scenes tour and have visited the actual work shops after signing a non disclosure so i can chat to the sculptors and artists; Can anyone who has done so let me know how they arranged this? I'm cheeky and polite enough to try on the day but if I could arrange something before my visit,that would be great.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Lammen Gorthaur View Post
    Not sure how to go about this but I figure its worth a try.

I know some lucky FOU members have had a behind the scenes tour and have visited the actual work shops after signing a non disclosure so i can chat to the sculptors and artists; Can anyone who has done so let me know how they arranged this? I'm cheeky and polite enough to try on the day but if I could arrange something before my visit,that would be great.

Thanks.
    I am sure you will need to arrange it beforehand as you can't just walk around in there freely, they need someone to follow you around/guide you.
    I think it was Scriff you did the sweet-talking when we went there as a group for the S&F 10th year anniversary. But send Magnus an e-mail. If he can't arrange something, maybe he can direct you to someone who can.

Comment

Stig is right. Email them and let them know what day you will be there. If you let them know ahead of time and your collector history/status, they are more than happy to show you around if they can.

Comment

Or... we just organize the 20th year trip. The tradition is one per decade, no?

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
          Or... we just organize the 20th year trip. The tradition is one per decade, no?
          That's a possibility, but it's still 6 years away

Comment

I emailed Jack and Ri about 1-2 months before my trip (which is in 1 week, very excited!) and they've arranged a whole day itinerary for me with a private tour etc... That's all I know so far but I'd recommend letting them know specific dates very early. We also made sure to book our dates when Richard was available as he travels very often for business.

Comment

This is Epic. I’m still saving for mine and Eti’s 50th. 8 years to go, so ,are sure you pre book our behind the scenes tour while you are their bro. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stormcrow View Post
                This is Epic. I’m still saving for mine and Eti’s 50th. 8 years to go, so ,are sure you pre book our behind the scenes tour while you are their bro. Lol
                Isn't that like next year when you're both 50? Eti Stormcrow

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post

Isn't that like next year when you're both 50? Eti Stormcrow
                  Lol cheeky sod! I actually think Eti is 102 but looks 12.

Comment

Lol cheeky sod! I actually think Eti is 102 but looks 12.
                    I think he must be that old to have accrued so many statues! Or he's robbed a bank, or got massive credit debt!

Comment

Hell, I can't even remember being 50. Young whippersnappers!

Comment

At the moment it doesn't look like I'll be doing anything other than the regular tour unless I booked a personal tour for $1500. It was worth a, shot. Thanks for the tips given though

Comment

Originally posted by Lammen Gorthaur View Post
                          At the moment it doesn't look like I'll be doing anything other than the regular tour unless I booked a personal tour for $1500. It was worth a, shot. Thanks for the tips given though
                          I think the personal or bespoke tour would still be worth paying to do!

Comment

I think the personal or bespoke tour would still be worth paying to do!
                            Will you be invited home to Richard and Tania for tea?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

Will you be invited home to Richard and Tania for tea?

Comment

Wasn't too far off
                                Also got a chance to speak to Wilf in depth about the customer side of things on everything including communication, pricing, releases, website etc etc. All sounds very promising!
                                The other 95% I can't talk about but there are so many things that have got me so excited and looking eagerly to the near and distant future with Weta.

Comment

Wasn't too far off
                                  Also got a chance to speak to Wilf in depth about the customer side of things on everything including communication, pricing, releases, website etc etc. All sounds very promising!
                                  The other 95% I can't talk about but there are so many things that have got me so excited and looking eagerly to the near and distant future with Weta.
                                  Did you go through quality control too? Because that really needs stepping up!

So, it’s monday.... where are these photos??

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Did you go through quality control too? Because that really needs stepping up!

So, it’s monday.... where are these photos??
                                    Yes definitely mentioned! What photos

Comment

Working...
                                    X