STAR WARS VIII: The Last Jedi -- SPOILER ALERT!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
    It also may depend on if you own the others in steelbook, and you want to keep a 'matching set'.
    Nope, no matching sets in my Star Wars home video collection. I just buy whichever I think looks nicest. In this case, the Steelbook is really catching my eye. But at $45 I'm feeling kind of choked.

    Comment


    • #62
      We plan to get the Target Exclusive.

      Comment


      • #63
        I saw this on Youtube a few hours ago and it raised a few questions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9czOcuCVMY&t=19s

        Why would Luke have visions about a different life?

        Sure their could be a few reasons but then I remember JJ Abrams career. He has dealt with more than a few alternate timeline stories.

        And then I also hear that in the latest episodes of Rebels we have Ezra saving Ahsoka by pulling her out of some time window thing.

        Is it possible that the Luke we see in The Last Jedi is a Luke from that Alternate timeline?

        Comment


        • #64
          This does look like a very good exclusive to obtain Little Lion.

          Comment


          • #65
            The Target one looks like the prettiest of the ones posted here yet.

            I will most probably get this one:



            Hopefully the paper sleave removes the droids from the bottom along with the title. Like they did on the Force Awakens steelbook

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by John View Post
              I saw this on Youtube a few hours ago and it raised a few questions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9czOcuCVMY&t=19s

              Why would Luke have visions about a different life?

              Sure their could be a few reasons but then I remember JJ Abrams career. He has dealt with more than a few alternate timeline stories.

              And then I also hear that in the latest episodes of Rebels we have Ezra saving Ahsoka by pulling her out of some time window thing.

              Is it possible that the Luke we see in The Last Jedi is a Luke from that Alternate timeline?
              I think one thing to keep in mind is that the novelization of the films isn't necessarily canon. Well, it is, untill it isn't (by films going in another direction). For example, in The Force Awakens novel Rey already meets Poe. But then The Last Jedi goes and contradicts that by having them meet for the first time at the end. I'd be very surprised if JJ follows up from what we've seen in Rebels, I think that's a one time thing, the temple was destroyed after all.

              Comment


              • #67
                Wow we have a choice to make
                i still carnt get over leia lying out of the ships then floating back was a massive mistake
                however i think lucas set his films
                1 introduce
                2 put goodies in worse senario
                3 they get out

                new films dont do this thats why people didnt get along with it
                i would have kill leia and left luke as a yoda character for new jedi training

                Comment


                • #68
                  I still hope Episode 9 will start out with Luke under the shower revealing that Episode 7-8 were only a nightmare of his..
                  It worked then, it could work wonders now!



                  But what is Disney doing? Panicky removing laser guns from all Solo posters (and making them look downright ridiculous).
                  Last edited by Homunculus1916; 25th March 2018, 01:32.
                  Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Star Wars is so dead to me...ep 9 is err well...who cares

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I am glad I am not such a huge fan that I am unable to like the new movies

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Me too Stig, I enjoy them for what they are

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          EP8 is a horrible standalone piece by any standards, I don't know what's there to like. It falls apart if looked at from any, most benevolent angle. You know that 'simple' action adventure movies don't have to be deprived of sense, right? Or lack basic artisanal knowhow? But this topic is sucked dry now. To each his own. Rogue 1 is what a good standalone SW movie looks like

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            only death can save Episode 9...don't care about any of the characters from 8

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I've figured 'true' Star Wars fans are like 'true' dr who fans, you're not a proper fan unless you moan constantly about it

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                                I've figured 'true' Star Wars fans are like 'true' dr who fans, you're not a proper fan unless you moan constantly about it
                                Well, I could bitch about Disney's Marvel movies all day, but compared to their STAR WARS movies, Disney handles their Marvels so well that it's hard to understand what's going on with the STAR WARS Episodes. I completely agree with Blue Book of Eastmarch on everything he says! Rogue One is the only one of the new SW movies I could enjoy.

                                My theory is that it's all the fault of Disney management and marketing department. They wanted to recoup their 4 billion spent on Lucasfilm as soon as possible. So they went ahead with the movies, without having proper screenplays (and that's the area where Ep. 7 and 8 really stink). They crippled the movies to make 100% sure they become a financial success. It seems that the stand-alone movies like Rogue One are considered lesser releases, so interference by studio bosses and marketing is less severe and some of the marketing imposed problems could be avoided. We will see how Solo will work out.

                                I'm glad that there are people who can enjoy Epiosde 7 and 8. It's not that I want to hate them. I also can live with some bad STAR WARS movies (that situation is not completely new). It's just that I can't understand how, under nearly perfect circumstances, these movies could turn out that awful. Without any doubt, many talented people worked on these movies really hard.
                                I can enjoy many movies that are less than perfect, but it seems I'm allergic to the imperfections of Disney STAR WARS Episode 7 and 8. So, in a way, it's all my fault, I guess . I also think it's wrong to churn out STAR WARS movies at such an exaggerated pace. 2 movies each year and there's already talk of a new live-action TV show.. On the other hand, with the sheer number of SW movies accumulating over time, we will get at least some good ones simply by chance.


                                Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  I got both the Best Buy Steelbook and the Target Exclusive. I like them both. I just wish the 3D was available in the US. I have a 3d/4k LG television and love using the 3d feature.

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    Originally posted by Homunculus1916 View Post

                                    Well, I could bitch about Disney's Marvel movies all day, but compared to their STAR WARS movies, Disney handles their Marvels so well that it's hard to understand what's going on with the STAR WARS Episodes. I completely agree with Blue Book of Eastmarch on everything he says! Rogue One is the only one of the new SW movies I could enjoy.

                                    My theory is that it's all the fault of Disney management and marketing department. They wanted to recoup their 4 billion spent on Lucasfilm as soon as possible. So they went ahead with the movies, without having proper screenplays (and that's the area where Ep. 7 and 8 really stink). They crippled the movies to make 100% sure they become a financial success. It seems that the stand-alone movies like Rogue One are considered lesser releases, so interference by studio bosses and marketing is less severe and some of the marketing imposed problems could be avoided. We will see how Solo will work out.

                                    I'm glad that there are people who can enjoy Epiosde 7 and 8. It's not that I want to hate them. I also can live with some bad STAR WARS movies (that situation is not completely new). It's just that I can't understand how, under nearly perfect circumstances, these movies could turn out that awful. Without any doubt, many talented people worked on these movies really hard.
                                    I can enjoy many movies that are less than perfect, but it seems I'm allergic to the imperfections of Disney STAR WARS Episode 7 and 8. So, in a way, it's all my fault, I guess . I also think it's wrong to churn out STAR WARS movies at such an exaggerated pace. 2 movies each year and there's already talk of a new live-action TV show.. On the other hand, with the sheer number of SW movies accumulating over time, we will get at least some good ones simply by chance.

                                    Well said!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Comment


                                    • #78
                                      I still say Eps 1 or 2 are still the worse of the bunch, especially with Anakin's pouty face, and Jar-jar Binks.
                                      Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

                                      Comment


                                      • #79
                                        OT > PT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ST and especially TLJ ..forever

                                        Comment


                                        • #80
                                          Anyone in Canada seeing the steelbook in store at Best Buy? They took the product page down and never put it back up.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X