STAR WARS VIII: The Last Jedi -- SPOILER ALERT!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually really liked it yes leia was crap great time to kill her off still not shown us if rey is a kenobi or skywalker palatine where the hell is the rest of the fleet oh there isnt one so there going to take on a baddies with only a few ships left no groundbattle i think what im saying is film was good but story was crap

Comment

I stayed awake throughout the entire movie, which means it gets at least a 6/10. I can understand the reasons why the 'old Star Wars' die hard fans would not enjoy this movie. Yes it has followed a different path, one that I'm not so sure I like as much. But as an 'interesting' and entertaining movie with ubber cute critters I enjoyed it.

Star wars vs lotr, they did actually state who Rey was. Kylo Ren did near the end of the movie.

Comment

Kylo Ren can´t be trusted. Therefore i can´t believe Rey is nobody. On the other hand, Rian Johnson screwed up the story so much, it doesn´t matter what Kylo said. J.J. will have to produce a masterpiece to fix all that is wrong with Ep. 7 and 8.

Comment

I won't go any further...but I hated it...worst Star Wars film ever...Star Wars 1977-2017 R.I.P.

Comment

It was better on the second viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
              I won't go any further...but I hated it...worst Star Wars film ever...Star Wars 1977-2017 R.I.P.
              Agreed. Movie was a mess. The more I think about it, the more I dislike it.

I would say that Star Wars died before 2017...

Comment

I finally got to see the movie and I'm kinda on the fence with this one. Lots of stuff I ended up hating, but I still enjoyed watching the movie because the fight scenes were fun, whether it was Kylo/Rey, space battles, or Hoth 2.0.

Some Gripes:

Less than a minute of Chewie was a travesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really ticked me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! I almost wore my Chewbacca hoodie to the movie. I'd have been looking to separate someone's shoulder from their socket had I worn it and not seen, but a few seconds of, Chewie!!

Rey is still a horrible character that can do everything and is now a Jedi Master after a lesson or two with Luke. I'd rather Jar Jar Binks as a Jedi, at least he'd get some character progression with his training, instead of knowing how to do everything.

As much as I dislike Rey's character (only because she can do everything), I loathe Rose. I've never wanted a Star Wars character killed off so bad. She infuriates the fiber of my soul.

Finn was wasted in this movie. I really like his character. I also wear his jacket because it's awesome. Him being paired with Rose hurt his character, in my eyes, because my need for her to get snuffed out in the movie may end up consuming him for being in her proximity...

The purple haired chick was terrible. A third of the movie could have been used for something better than the side mission that spawned, had she just told Poe what the plan was. There was no dignity in her sacrifice. I clapped because she wasn't in the movie anymore, while others enjoyed the awesome scene of the rebel cruiser hitting light speed ;) Now if only Rose could have stayed behind on it...

Luke's end....this should not have been a mid trilogy event. We all kinda knew that the original Star Wars trio would get killed off over the course of the trilogy, but with Carrie Fisher's death and Luke/Han biting the dust in the first two movies, we now go into the next one with none of them left. The characters left over don't feel relatable, as most don't have any character progression. The two newer characters that I do like (Poe/Finn) were horrendously used in this movie. Might as well not even been in the movie, after being involved in a side mission that didn't matter in furthering the plot.

Snoke...he should be there till the end of the trilogy...

Yoda looked terrible...

Some Likes:

I did like the Leia floating in space scene. I might have been the only one in the theater from the sound of it. I've always wanted to see her use the force since it's know that she is force-sensitive.

I also liked Rose's sister and wonder why it couldn't have been Rose that got blown up instead, so I could eyeball her sister throughout the movie...

Not a bad fight/battle scene in the movie. Awesome!

I did like the banter between Rey and Kylo. Them fighting together was really fun, aside from the fact that Rey had only picked up a light saber for the first time a week prior and was a Jedi Master, after stalking Luke for the past two days.

I really like Kylo much more in this movie. I think his character is coming into it's own.

So yeah...my likes are fairly simplistic, while my dislikes are very complex...lol

Comment

Apart from Ray completely disappearing in the kylo/luke face off, I really liked this movie.

It was bold and did not try to please the fans. It had a story to tell and it was told.

This is the story of Rey and Kylo, the rebirth of the light/darkness duality in the awakening of the original trilogy.

Maybe we shouldn't have had the original cast (luke, solo, leia) coming back, but that's another story.

I hope star wars keeps delivering new storylines and does not repeat itself.

PS- Luke was a spoiled brat and started to use the force after a couple of seconds with the laser ball, but Ray that survived in the desert by herself since childhood must take a 200h course (sorry, couldn't help myself)
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_2461_1464480061019_36[/ATTACH]

Comment

The only new story that was delivered was that the force needs to be in balance. They really needed all that other )§/$/§ in the movie to show that ? Sorry but Ep. 8 did repeat Star Was Ep. 5 and 6. There was nothing bold about it. Except for one or two nice scenes, for example the destruction of Snoke´s ship. That´s it. Somebody explain to me what was so bold and new in the story ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post

I lay the blame with Rhian Johnson and the writing team. I get that they wanted to shake up the SW universe, and I respect that, but their execution was awful.
                      Don't blame him and his writing team too much mate, remember Kathleen Kennedy gave the green light to everything that was done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gannon View Post
                        So yeah...my likes are fairly simplistic, while my dislikes are very complex...lol
                        You pick a few very good points. I too liked Leia surviving in space and using the force to get back to safer ground. Finally someone being force sensitive who's not all about wielding a light saber. This is not a complain, really, but I feel that Leia was overly exposed in this movie. That not a second of the material shot ended up on the cutting floor. So much screen time and lingering shots. She looked really good and is an important character in the lore, so it's totally ok. I just have to wonder how the footage had been used if Carrie Fisher was still alive...

Rey doesn't do much for me, neither does Kylo, really. So those scenes were kind of boring for the most parts.
                        I don't know why Chewbacca wasn't in the movie more than he was. But then again, there wasn't scenes where I thought, "where's chewie?" Wouldn't it be a fan service to include him just to have him included?

As for Rose and her sister I hope you didn't like one and liked the other out of how they looked only. I agree with you that Rose didn't do the movie much good. I found her annoying. Maybe she was meant as a comic relief, but it didn't work for me.

Laura Dern's character, Holdo, was overly difficult to be around for the other non-general characters. But some people, especially in power, are like that. It's actually a good thing that they showed that even in the rebellion you can find people like that.

I didn't hate anything in Ep.8. Did dislike a few things. Loved the visuals and the porgs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gannon View Post
                          The purple haired chick was terrible. A third of the movie could have been used for something better than the side mission that spawned, had she just told Poe what the plan was. There was no dignity in her sacrifice. I clapped because she wasn't in the movie anymore, while others enjoyed the awesome scene of the rebel cruiser hitting light speed ;) Now if only Rose could have stayed behind on it...l
                          In all fairness, if someone did what Poe did in real life, in war time? They'd be executed on the spot. So Holdo has quite a good reason not to tell Poe anything.

Comment

Holdo and Rose were shoehorned characters ...absolutely not needed..Holdos role could have been filled by Ackbar,Numb,or even Leia herself

Comment

The Last Jedi: Rian Johnson Talks In-Depth in Full Q&A | Collider Conversations

https://youtu.be/4xW6woTAof0
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_2461_1464480061019_36[/ATTACH]

Comment

"It's a trap!" My biggest disappointment from the movie was how Admiral Ackbar was treated. He is a fan favourite and and his moment was stolen from him by a brand new character. So that funnily enough was my biggest gripe.

Overall I actually enjoyed TLJ despite a few grievances and I understand Disney trying to get rid of the old guard and replace them with the newbies- they have to sell more toys and merch and know that the older crowd will still buy OT merch as well as buying merch for their kids from the new movies.

I was a little disappointed in the way we lost Luke- but another part of me thought it was a good redemption moment. I also thought they had the perfect way to farewell Leia but it will be interesting to see what happens with the character now. I just hope Lando makes an appearance in the last movie!
                                "I aim to misbehave," - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

I have to admit that on my first viewing that I was a little confused by it. I felt that it deserved a second viewing, so when I did watch it again - I got it and loved it.

Not a bad thing that it was a bit of departure from the previous instalments, but overall beautifully shot, and well crafted.

My initial thought about Luke on first viewing was that it didn’t seem right how he was treated in the movie, but on second viewing I realised that he was a heart-broken man who had lost all faith - so very sad, but a good way to finish his story.

Looking forward to picking it up on blu-ray to watch it again.

Scriff

Comment

Originally posted by Scriff View Post
                                    I have to admit that on my first viewing that I was a little confused by it. I felt that it deserved a second viewing, so when I did watch it again - I got it and loved it.

Not a bad thing that it was a bit of departure from the previous instalments, but overall beautifully shot, and well crafted.

My initial thought about Luke on first viewing was that it didn’t seem right how he was treated in the movie, but on second viewing I realised that he was a heart-broken man who had lost all faith - so very sad, but a good way to finish his story.

Looking forward to picking it up on blu-ray to watch it again.

Scriff
                                    Good to hear

Comment

Which Blu-Ray exclusive do you guys think is best? I'm debating between Walmart's with the interchangeable covers or Best Buy's Steelbook. The problem with the Steelbook instead of being a Blu-Ray/DVD combo it's now a 4K/Blu-Ray combo which drives the price up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
                                        Which Blu-Ray exclusive do you guys think is best? I'm debating between Walmart's with the interchangeable covers or Best Buy's Steelbook. The problem with the Steelbook instead of being a Blu-Ray/DVD combo it's now a 4K/Blu-Ray combo which drives the price up.
                                        Here is what the Steelbook looks like from Best Buy

Here is the exclusive from WalMart

I think a lot will depend on whether you now have or are planing on owing a 4K TV in the near future, then the extra expense will be worth it.
                                        It also may depend on if you own the others in steelbook, and you want to keep a 'matching set'. Although from what I have read, all the other steelbooks had a single character on the front. Best of luck decidingThorondor_33

Comment

I'm gonna buy the 3D version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	star_wars_the_last_jedi_blu_ray_3d_blu_ray.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	108597

Comment

Working...
                                          X