Iron Studios Mandalorian and Child 1/4 statue

pretty cool
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Darth Devastator View Post
    pretty cool
    Awasome!
    Attached Files

Comment

I hope they fix the helmet and Grogu's eyes. Other than that this is a home run.

Comment

What did you call Baby Yoda?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
          What did you call Baby Yoda?
          I couldn't wait for them to finally give this thing a name. I couldn't stand the Baby Yoda moniker. He isn't Yoda. It was cute for a while but now the guy finally has a name. Not a great name but it's a name.

Comment

I want to see a side by side comparison of Mandy and B-Y 1:4 scale from Iron Studios, Hot Toys and Sideshow

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
              I want to see a side by side comparison of Mandy and B-Y 1:4 scale from Iron Studios, Hot Toys and Sideshow
              I choose the figure of Iron .. I love it!
              Attached Files

Comment

I guess Sideshow sculpters like to walk flashy.

Comment

I find the statue from IS quite bad. The crib sitting on a rock doesnt look like flying like on SS. I do like the more relaxed walk on IS but the helmet is wrong. Grogu is off, also, ears and eyes are bad. If I was still a SW collector and wanted this I would pick SS despite the flashy walking attitude and too slim fit, Grogu there seems correct. Best would be to wait for better depictions, maybe they fix production...

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                    I find the statue from IS quite bad. The crib sitting on a rock doesnt look like flying like on SS. I do like the more relaxed walk on IS but the helmet is wrong. Grogu is off, also, ears and eyes are bad. If I was still a SW collector and wanted this I would pick SS despite the flashy walking attitude and too slim fit, Grogu there seems correct. Best would be to wait for better depictions, maybe they fix production...
                    While the IS statue certainly isn't perfect it gets a lot more right than the Sideshow one does. Not only is the pose more of a runway strut than intimidating approach, but the overall physique is much too lean. The armor is also more of a matte than gloss or shine. Not to mention the very bland and boring base. So while they get points for a creative way to portray the hovering pram they miss the mark on the overall presentation IMO. All IS needs to do is rework the helmet and repaint Grogu's eyes and it'll be perfect. Considering it hasn't gone up for pre-order and they've only shown the proto I think it is very possible they will address those concerns.

Comment

IS feels rushed, so that people dont PO SS. But given the importance these 2 are getting from SW universe we can be sure better pieces will come.

Comment

I've bought three Iron Studios figures in the past, and I immediately re-sold them all. They never look remotely as good as the prototype. When you buy from Weta or Sideshow or Hot Toys, you generally get something really close. But Iron Studios figures never look right. The sculptors do decent work, but they really need to get better painters.

Here are two examples. I've owned both of these figures, and I can confirm that they both looked like the photos on the right:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16178.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	202621

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	535.5 KB ID:	202622

It's mostly a problem with faces. So I'd expect the Mandalorian to look decent, but Grogu to look awful.
                        Last edited by hbw60; 16 December 2020, 15:01.

Comment

I've only purchased the 1/4 Darth Vader from Iron Studios. It isn't perfect but it is easily the best Darth Vader statue I've ever seen. The Cinemaquette is the only other real contender but I've never seen one in person.

Comment

I had IS Dart Vader, Ironman MK43 and spiderman all 1:4 and I loved them! The 1:10 scale is a different story.

Comment

It's not the same, but Hot Toys also have an 1/4 scale out there

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-mandalorian-and-the-child-deluxe_star-wars_gallery_5fa071a07b45b.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	202902

Comment

Working...
                              X