Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sideshow Mythos General Obi Wan Kenobi statue

This is awesome. Love GG statue

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_14114.jpg Views:	120 Size:	275.3 KB ID:	186027
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darth Devastator; 10 September 2020, 18:21.

What is a GG statue?

Comment

I got this when I started collecting about 2007 from Gentle Giant

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_14130.jpg Views:	47 Size:	26.5 KB ID:	186103
      Pretty cool.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_14131.png Views:	50 Size:	769.2 KB ID:	186158

Comment

This is a really great addition. It's a nice companion piece to the original Obi-Wan Mythos statue, which remains one of the very best statues I've ever owned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ben-Kenobi-Mythos-Polystone-Statue.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	186348

Comment

The mythos Vader is also cool. In my opinion it is the best Vader statue ever. Unfortunately it was sold out years ago, and now getting one is very expensive...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by kingsjewel; 25 July 2020, 21:35.

Comment

I agree. Those two statues are among the best ever made. In particular, I love the ability to swap out the heads, to use either the original or the prequel actors. These two will always be very special to me. When I graduated college in 2012 and got a real career, these two statues were bought with my first paycheck. These were also among the very last collectibles made by Lucasfilm before the Disney purchase. I have no interest in Star Wars without George Lucas, so I believe these were the last (official) Star Wars pieces I ever bought. I live in a small apartment, so I can only display a few statues at a time. These two are the only ones that have never been boxed up.

I think they work really well as a pair, because they both capture the characters immediately after the fall of the Republic. Both characters are at their lowest points at this moment. Anakin has become a monstrous tyrant, and Obi-Wan lives alone in the desert, filled with regret. These statues capture the emotions and tragedy of the characters so well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	anakin.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.1 KB ID:	188064
            Last edited by hbw60; 26 July 2020, 13:15.

Comment

They look awesome

Comment

I absolutely love the original Mythos Obi-Wan. Never got past the orange "glow" on Vader, but otherwise it's an awesome statue.

I had several of Gentle Giant animated maquettes, but sold the whole collection years ago. I just didn't make the connection of GG - it's been years since they where really on my radar for anything.

Comment

Up on Blog. CT bucket from original CW cartoon
                  Attached Files

Comment

There's just something about the combination of armour and cape

Comment

Wow! I have to say Obi Wan is close to my fave SW character- and I really dig him in the CloneTrooper armour! I think he looks so badass! So I am tempted to get this. I probably wont, because I dont want to start a new line of statues- but if Hot toys release a figure of him in Clone Trooper armour I will be all over it.
                      "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

I would say that is certainly possible. Hot Toys have put up quite a number of Clone Wars figures recently. Secretly hoping for a Ventress myself, quite a longshot though.

Comment

Actually, Hot Toys already announced a Clone Wars Obi-Wan/Anakin back in July. It's basically just the ROTS figure with a bit of armor. But still a welcome addition:

Click image for larger version  Name:	obi.jpg Views:	1 Size:	189.6 KB ID:	192376

As for the new Mythos statue, I love the helmet! Obi-Wan never wore one in any of the episodes, so it's a surprising, but really cool feature. I love the Mythos line for that reason. They slightly reimagine the character, without altering the original designs. I love the Boba Fett for the same reason. I love the addition of the poncho and lightsabers, from an unknown mission we never saw:

Click image for larger version  Name:	boba-fett-dead-or-alive_star-wars_gallery_5eacb8f0d03aa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	284.8 KB ID:	192375

Comment

He did wear it in the original CW cartoon
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I'd forgotten about that! I haven't watched the original series in a long time. Thank you for reminding me!

Comment

Most welcome.Yes most didn't remember that. This statue is a mix of the original and new CW cartoon

The GG did both Obi as a statue and maouette
                                you can notice how they were in each show

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Darth Devastator; 14 September 2020, 23:10.

Comment

This is the Obi maquette from new show
                                  For the SSC piece they gave him a cape and CT bucket
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by Darth Devastator; 14 September 2020, 23:13.

Comment

Ahsika should be in the works a dude on another forum had stated months a friend of his at SSC had mentioned 2 statues SSC had in the works, one was Obi Wan, he got that, the other Ahsoka

Comment

Working...
                                    X