The Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Child

Who is getting him? I have no remaining non-ME piece and I PO'd last night. This looks awesome, 350 usd for a 1:1 statue is great comparing to Sideshow other 1:1 pieces they could easily have asked 1k or more. ES is still open.

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-child_star-wars_feature.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	167094

baby!

Comment

I don't collect Star Wars, but this is adorable! Very decent price, too.
      "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
      ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        I don't collect Star Wars, but this is adorable! Very decent price, too.
        Same here, I have a few things, but haven't bought a Star Wars Collectible in some time. This is kind of tempting...

Comment

Ordered 2...for the wife and daughter for Christmas..

Comment

Im so tempted- buuuuut Hot toys just announced they are doing one- as well as a 1:6 scale so I will wait and see to which I think looks better. Gonna get the 1:6 scale one for sure- hopefully cones with a Mando 2 pack!
            "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

It would be nice to see a HT 1:1 version with the crib, articulated.... but HT sells several dolls for ss version price, I would expect HT to come $$ higher. But we are so used to Weta prices we may find these cheap.

Comment

I am very tempted to pull the trigger on this. But can't right now because I got too much incoming.

If any European happens to buy two, I may buy one off them in half a year or so

Comment

I admittedly don't own any Star Wars stuff but this one is making me a bit sweaty! I wonder what is the edition size??

Comment

Originally posted by Starcadian View Post
                    I admittedly don't own any Star Wars stuff but this one is making me a bit sweaty! I wonder what is the edition size??
                    Considering the huge success of this little guy and the lack of other similar items, probably 20.000
                    My Gallery: http://flameofudun.net/forum/communi...ooms-creations

Comment

I'm begining to wonder if someone at Disney came up with this "baby Yoda" and they needed to find a way to market it, so Disney created the Mandalorian series to launch the next "hot" toy/collectible of the year. Maybe the Mandalorian is just one big baby Yoda commercial.
                      Last edited by Ithildin; 2 February 2020, 09:53.

Comment

Bru-ra-hoom. There have been no Entings for a terrible long count of years. Hence the need to buy baby yodas

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                          I'm begining to wonder if someone at Disney came up with this "baby Yoda" and they needed to find a way to market it, so Disney created the Mandalorian series to launch the next "hot" toy/collectible of the year. Maybe the Mandalorian is just one big baby Yoda commercial.
                          Well that has long been the Star Wars/Disney scheme. That's the only reason we have Porgs isn't it? Lol

Though if the Mandalorian was ONLY a commercial for Baby Yoda toys, you would have thought they would have had some ready to sell

Comment

That's the thing. There was a surprise dry spell of Baby Yoda merch before Christmas when the Mandalorian was airing.

But Ithildin is right, that is pretty much how Disney work

Comment

This is still a bargain compared to so much out there nowadays....used all my $250 rewards I had for a long time...wont hit too hard like so much out there

Comment

Working...
                              X