The Mandalorian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mandalorian

I heard mostly good things about this series, but haven't had the possibility to watch it myself. I considered doing it through a VPN proxy to see it through Disney+ as that service is US only for the time being. But the rumour says we may get Disney+ in large parts of Europe in March 2020, I will try to wait for that.

If you have seen it, what are your thoughts about it?

I have just finished this series. Disney+ has been available in The netherlands since the beginning, as first test country. I liked the Mandalorian, mainly because of the old Star Wars feeling. The story itself is really simple, but it looks good. It is as simple as that, a nice viewable serie but nothing special. As I despise the new Star Wars trilogy, this serie is a relieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
      I have just finished this series. Disney+ has been available in The netherlands since the beginning, as first test country. I liked the Mandalorian, mainly because of the old Star Wars feeling. The story itself is really simple, but it looks good. It is as simple as that, a nice viewable serie but nothing special. As I despise the new Star Wars trilogy, this serie is a relieve.
      It took forever to get Netflix up here, so I have my doubts that Norway will be a part of the March wave, but I got hopes.

A story doesn't have to be super complicated to be good and enjoyable.

Comment

The Mandalorian is great! Yes the story is a little on the simple side but like most first seasons it is setting the foundations for something bigger. The characters are endearing and you really root for them. It feels like a good.old fashioned adventure and has the Original Trilogy vibe and the environments feels real and believable.
        most episodes run around 30mins so that does restrict the storytelling a bit in my opinion.
        highly recommended
        "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

I thought it was ok. Worth a watch but nothing to be excited about. Since some haven't seen it yet, I will forgo getting into my reasons why I felt it could have been better.

Comment

I loved it escepically the last 2 episodes i look forward to season 2

Comment

Really enjoying this as well. Yes, there is some room for improvement but it is light years better than the final trilogy and it feels way more Star Wars than those three movies combined. I agree the short runtime of each episode curtails the story development per viewing, but with it being serialized rather than episodic in format, and with the ability to binge them as a long movie, it's really not that much of an issue.

Comment

So who is baby yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
                  So who is baby yoda
                  Guess you'll have to wait until Season 2 like the rest of us. Jon Favreau as said that they will begin to delve into the details and backstory of the 'Child'.

Comment

A fan theory said it was the love child of Yoda and Yaddle (sp?). That's a theory I hate. I really dislike the SW thing that everything and everyone has to be related.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                      A fan theory said it was the love child of Yoda and Yaddle (sp?). That's a theory I hate. I really dislike the SW thing that everything and everyone has to be related.
                      I hope it stays just that... a theory. Very much agree that this whole galaxy being somehow all related is getting a bit out of hand. Next thing we'll find out is that Darth Maul and Chewie were first cousins, once removed, and that R2 is the family's long lost vacuum cleaner.

As for the theory in itself, it is unfortunately, quite possible. We know nothing about the reproductive cycle of Yoda's species, and as the Child is said to be about 50 years old, and The Mandalorian takes place 5-6 years after Return of the Jedi, that means that Yoda and Yaddle could have done the horizontal mambo prior to the Clone Wars and produced Baby Yoda. Unlike most of the Jedi, Yaddle did not perish during General Order 66, and she was almost 400 years younger than Yoda.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                        i agree it is annoying that everything has to be explained. Leave the force without midichlorians and han without dices.

Comment

I love the series! Really enjoyed each episode. I can't wait for season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

the horizontal mambo

And I thought the little greenlings were simply delivered by mynocks

This is Disney we’re talking about, isn’t it?

Comment

Great series - great story and well produced.

Even my wife enjoyed it - and she’s not the biggest Star Wars fan...

Scriff

Comment

I cant wait for season 2. I have heard we will be seeing some familiar characters from the movies and shows. Hopefully we see some characters from Rebels or Clone Wars show up. Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, Sabine Wren would be so cool to see.
                                "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Working...
                                X