Star Wars Related News

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Star Wars Related News

    G'day everybody,

    I was not sure where to put this bit of news I have because it is not really about the new trilogy coming or about any official movie . . . . yet

    So I thought I would start a thread for all star wars related news that we might hear about that is not exactly connected to any specific movie.

    http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...n-off-fil.html

    #2
    A little bit of news on the stand alone Han Solo movie



    Comment


      #3
      D23 Information

      Comment


        #4
        I came across a little bit of information today that I thought was interesting. Among Star Wars fans the mere mention of the Ewok movies can send them into a rant of epic proportions . And Disney have decided to play the canon game for 2 year olds and are saying that those 2 movies are not a part of the Star Wars universe.

        Personally if Lucas puts the Star Wars stamp on it then unless expressly mentioned it is all a part of the same universe but that's just my point of view

        With our American mates it has always been a nerve pinching subject whenever I bring up the Ewok movies. They usually deny their existence jokingly but always deny they were movies. And now I know why Check this link out to IMBD

        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087225/releaseinfo

        Apparently the majority of the planet had the 2 Ewok movies released in cinemas while America and a few others had it released on TV only. This is why the Americans do not consider these movies and call them tv specials So if your like me and are part of the majority of the planet that did get to see these on the big screen then just like me you can call them movies.
        Last edited by John; 6 September 2015, 23:03.

        Comment


          #5
          I wish the Ewoks were never a part of the Star Wars universe. They lessened a great movie. One moment you see Luke fighting his father, the next you see an x-wing flying into the superstardestroyer which explodes into the death star and the next moment you see some teddy bears fighting stormtroopers. Why Lucas made this choice is beyond my miserable comprehension!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by finarfin View Post
            I wish the Ewoks were never a part of the Star Wars universe. They lessened a great movie. One moment you see Luke fighting his father, the next you see an x-wing flying into the superstardestroyer which explodes into the death star and the next moment you see some teddy bears fighting stormtroopers. Why Lucas made this choice is beyond my miserable comprehension!
            Here you go mate

            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ewok

            Read the Concept and Creation part Was it a good idea to change the Wookies to Ewoks? Personally I think it would have been better with Wookies but that's just me . They were also some of the last stop motion animation films ILM ever produced. I always enjoyed stop motion animation as a kid :B

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by John View Post

              Was it a good idea to change the Wookies to Ewoks? Personally I think it would have been better with Wookies but that's just me .
              That was my idea without having read anything on it. It would be perfect with Wookies. Oh well, another opportunity lost

              Comment


                #8
                Star Wars related news? Well, this is a pretty big rumour...

                Mads Mikkelsen, who's part of the cast for Rogue One, has allegedly autographed his signature along with the name 'Marek' onto a fan's collectible. This name will ring a bell to most fans who've played The Force Unleashed series on the last gen consoles. I think it's a tip of the hat to starkiller rather than Mads actually portraying Starkiller; and if it's a tip of the hat to Starkiller, AKA Galen Marek, then Mads might be a Jedi/force sensitive who survived the purge. After all, there's Kanan and Ashoka who are still alive in the Rebels series which takes place only a short time before Rogue One.

                Here's the link to the article: http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...vulge.html?m=1
                Last edited by Ramsay Bolton; 8 September 2015, 02:29.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Ramsay Bolton View Post
                  Star Wars related news? Well, this is a pretty big rumour...

                  Mads Mikkelsen, who's part of the cast for Rogue One, has allegedly autographed his signature along with the name 'Marek' onto a fan's collectible. This name will ring a bell to most fans who've played The Force Unleashed series on the last gen consoles. I think it's a tip of the hat to starkiller rather than Mads actually portraying Starkiller; and if it's a tip of the hat to Starkiller, AKA Galen Marek, then Mads might be a Jedi/force sensitive who survived the purge. After all, there's Kanan and Ashoka who are still alive in the Rebels series which takes place only a short time before Rogue One.

                  Here's the link to the article: http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...vulge.html?m=1


                  Interesting mate But if I can put on my nerd hat for a bit the only reference in the movies to the numbers of jedi in the universe belong to Obiwan in Episode 4 saying " the jedi are all but extinct ". Which doesn't really give us a number. If thousands of Jedi existed in the old republic then that could mean only 10-20 are still alive and kicking. The nail in the coffin of the Jedi is Yoda in Return of the Jedi who says to Luke " the last of the Jedi will you be ". So maybe between Rogue one and Empire Strikes back we could see a few Jedi still drawing breath but killed before the events of Return of the Jedi.

                  Ok Nerd hat is now off :B

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by John View Post
                    Interesting mate But if I can put on my nerd hat for a bit the only reference in the movies to the numbers of jedi in the universe belong to Obiwan in Episode 4 saying " the jedi are all but extinct ". Which doesn't really give us a number. If thousands of Jedi existed in the old republic then that could mean only 10-20 are still alive and kicking. The nail in the coffin of the Jedi is Yoda in Return of the Jedi who says to Luke " the last of the Jedi will you be ". So maybe between Rogue one and Empire Strikes back we could see a few Jedi still drawing breath but killed before the events of Return of the Jedi.

                    Ok Nerd hat is now off :B
                    You're right about the Jedi order being destroyed, however there are still force users who aren't Jedi, AKA Ahsoka. So I'd say the truth depends greatly upon your own point of view (pun intended lol).

                    I think there's this consensus that if a character isn't a Jedi or Sith then they aren't a force user, which can't be true otherwise how can the sequel trilogy happen? So yes, Mads may not be playing a Knight of the Jedi Order, however it's more possible he's an exile like Ahsoka or a Dark Jedi, or he could just be a force sensitive who's taught himself.

                    I love pure speculation like this, it gets me so excited - especially about Rogue One. Returning to the Galactic Civil War is going to be interesting as to whether the film can live up to the nostalgia after almost 40 years.
                    Last edited by Ramsay Bolton; 8 September 2015, 18:51.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Ramsay Bolton View Post

                      I love pure speculation like this, it gets me so excited - especially about Rogue One. Returning to the Galactic Civil War is going to be interesting as to whether the film can live up to the nostalgia after almost 40 years.
                      Agree 100%

                      Just because their are no jedi or sith that does not mean that their are no force users. It will be interesting to find out in these new movies if the secret that Vader was Anakin Skywalker, father to Luke and Leia is made public knowledge or not.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by finarfin View Post
                        I wish the Ewoks were never a part of the Star Wars universe. They lessened a great movie. One moment you see Luke fighting his father, the next you see an x-wing flying into the superstardestroyer which explodes into the death star and the next moment you see some teddy bears fighting stormtroopers. Why Lucas made this choice is beyond my miserable comprehension!

                        Probably because he didn't expect a bunch of whiny net nerds playing armchair director to tell him how to make a movie he wanted to make. "Teddy bears fighting Stormtroopers" don't bother me any more than Luke learning the ways of the Force from a green muppet. Jedi is fucking awesome! They all are.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by STARKILLER View Post


                          Probably because he didn't expect a bunch of whiny net nerds playing armchair director to tell him how to make a movie he wanted to make. "Teddy bears fighting Stormtroopers" don't bother me any more than Luke learning the ways of the Force from a green muppet. Jedi is ****ing awesome! They all are.
                          First of all cool it with the names, nobody called YOU any names here.

                          Second, I love Star Wars, I just think Lucas made the mistake with the Ewoks and the prequel trilogy to think that targeting younger audiences would be more profitable. So we got all the stuff that the majority of fans resent, like Jar Jar.

                          Third, that's my opinion and I have the right to say it. If Mr. Lucas didn't think that his movies would be criticized by audiences then he lives on a different planet.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by finarfin View Post

                            First of all cool it with the names, nobody called YOU any names here.

                            Second, I love Star Wars, I just think Lucas made the mistake with the Ewoks and the prequel trilogy to think that targeting younger audiences would be more profitable. So we got all the stuff that the majority of fans resent, like Jar Jar.

                            Third, that's my opinion and I have the right to say it. If Mr. Lucas didn't think that his movies would be criticized by audiences then he lives on a different planet.

                            LOL! Never said you didn't have a right to your opinion. You have the right to your opinion on GL, and I have the right to my opinion on whiny net nerds.
                            Also, being critiqued is one thing, but that isn't what I said. I said, "Probably because he didn't expect a bunch of whiny net nerds playing armchair director to tell him how to make a movie he wanted to make."


                            Thank you for stating, again, your issue with Ewoks. Because, you know, it wasn't made clear the first time. That said, I'll repeat my statement that Ewoks, to me, are no worse than a green muppet. And I'll add, are no worse than a large, GIANT, white teddy snow bear, little pig men, Tauntauns that sound like the Hamburglar, or dwarfs with hoods on and glowy eyes. All these unique creatures are a part of what make SW so great. And, for the record, the saga's audience has always been younger audiences (PG) with ROTS being the exception (PG13). Which is why there were SW characters on The Muppet show (part of SW's target audience):




                            I always love when you types use the words "we" and "majority" to make their opinion seem more valid, LOL! Speak for yourself buddy.


                            And, as far as calling names, I didn't call YOU a name. I just said whiny net nerds, but if you feel offended by that, you may want to take a long look in the mirror.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by STARKILLER View Post


                              LOL! Never said you didn't have a right to your opinion. You have the right to your opinion on GL, and I have the right to my opinion on whiny net nerds.
                              Also, being critiqued is one thing, but that isn't what I said. I said, "Probably because he didn't expect a bunch of whiny net nerds playing armchair director to tell him how to make a movie he wanted to make."


                              Thank you for stating, again, your issue with Ewoks. Because, you know, it wasn't made clear the first time. That said, I'll repeat my statement that Ewoks, to me, are no worse than a green muppet. And I'll add, are no worse than a large, GIANT, white teddy snow bear, little pig men, Tauntauns that sound like the Hamburglar, or dwarfs with hoods on and glowy eyes. All these unique creatures are a part of what make SW so great. And, for the record, the saga's audience has always been younger audiences (PG) with ROTS being the exception (PG13). Which is why there were SW characters on The Muppet show (part of SW's target audience):


                              I always love when you types use the words "we" and "majority" to make their opinion seem more valid, LOL! Speak for yourself buddy.


                              And, as far as calling names, I didn't call YOU a name. I just said whiny net nerds, but if you feel offended by that, you may want to take a long look in the mirror.
                              I will stop this here

                              Comment


                                #16
                                I think we can all agree that Lucas, just like every other movie of its time was a victim of the technology at hand. As many of the Star Wars documentaries have said they actually had to invent new ways to do things to make that original trilogy. If they had the technology we have today back then, would we have seen Ewoks? Or even half of the species that we know today? Maybe not.

                                A funny story I recall from childhood was when I went to the cinemas with my father and little brother. I wanted to go see the Ewok movie and my little brother wanted to go see the Care Bears movie ( and yes I still roll my eyes at that ) but we could only see one movie. My father looked at the posters on the walls for the two movies and said " I don't really see a difference ".

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  About STAR WARS and Uncle George..

                                  It was what it was.. We finally got the Wookies in the prequels.. and there are some Ralph McQuarrie paintings of the Wookie village at least.

                                  I can vividly remember when I watched Return of the Jedi on VHS for the first time and my Mom came in. She stared at the Jabba palace sequence and shook her head in diesbelieve. Then she asked me "THIS is STAR WARS?"

                                  The Ewoks felt a bit awkward in the overall context of this war-movie, but for me they are an enjoyable part of STAR WARS. There is worse in the prequels..
                                  I take this all as a proof that STAR WARS had not only a father in George Lucas, but a few uncles (and aunts?), too..

                                  H.
                                  Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    LMAO! If either of my parents had made those type of comments, I'd call'em flippin' idiots! Then have a DNA test via Maury done.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by STARKILLER View Post
                                      LMAO! If either of my parents had made those type of comments, I'd call'em flippin' idiots! Then have a DNA test via Maury done.

                                      I was maybe 7 or 8 years of age and that once sentence is burnt into my memory forever hahaha

                                      I got my star wars Force awakens t shirt today Ready to wear to the movie and if its worse than episode 1 maybe burnt it on pitchforks outside the cinema after
                                      Last edited by John; 11 September 2015, 20:08.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by Homunculus1916 View Post
                                        About STAR WARS and Uncle George..

                                        I can vividly remember when I watched Return of the Jedi on VHS for the first time and my Mom came in. She stared at the Jabba palace sequence and shook her head in diesbelieve. Then she asked me "THIS is STAR WARS?"

                                        H.
                                        hahaha Did she eventually watch the whole thing?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X