Solo: A Star Wars Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo: A Star Wars Poll

Solo is in theatres for a week and noone posted about it? So what's your excuse?

Too much, too soon
    7.69%
    I've already seen it but was too lazy to post
    30.77%
    I still plan to see it at the theater
    7.69%
    DVD / Blu-Ray will do
    7.69%
    When the Force Awoke, I fell asleep. I'm done w SW
    15.38%
    Thanks to Rian Johnson's atrocity, I'm done w SW
    23.08%
    Won't see it, I'm afraid of pansexuals
    7.69%
    Couldn't care less about Star Wars
    7.69%
    Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

no spoilers - it is better than the SW xmas special. Because nothing can be worse

Comment

When the force awoke, I fell asleep. Even though I love Star Wars, the newer movies are a dissapointment. TFA was just a ripp of, TLJ was just simply boring and had a very non logical storyline. I also dislike that the speed of Lightsaber fights is less then in the prequels. The only positive movie for me was Rogue One. I will probably see Solo one day, but not going to pay for it now.

Comment

Still want to see it. I ususally go to the cinema with my brother, but with our schedules, it's hard to go more than once a month, and we've already been to The Avengers. Still need to see Deadpool 2 as well. So basically, too many films in 1 month you could say. I'm not sure why Disney decided to step away from their December release date, I think that would've worked a lot better for Solo, less competition and some more time between 2 Star Wars films.

Anyway, if I had seen it, I probably wouldn't discuss it here. I like the new films, I know some of you don't, which is fine, but I don't really want to spend energy and time on discussing them. Let's be honest, we're not going to change each others minds about the films, if you dislike them, you're going to keep disliking them. Same story for if you like them.

Comment

I liked it. Good acting, solid plot, all in all a very good "peripheral" star wars movie.

It seems that the anthology films are much better than the new trilogy.

Comment

I'm no Star Wars fanboy, but I loved this movie!

Comment

I live on an island with no cinema. The nearest cinema is close to $100 and almost an 8 hour round trip for me ( and that's just transport cost ) . I decided a while ago that if I'm going to go that far the movie really does have to be worth it. So not long after the force awakens I decided to take note of critics I trust and mates that have similar tastes to me. That way if I do go and see it I have a good chance of it being worth doing all that to get there ;) Last movie I saw in cinemas was . . . was . . .hmm . . . Might have been Rogue 1. I did not see The last Jedi ( and I think I'm grateful for that haha ) I have heard Solo is an ok movie so I have pre-ordered it on google play. But it will be a few months before I see it ;)

Comment

will see this on Tues at a $5 matinee...TLJ killed it for me...I hated what Disney, Kennedy and Johnson did to Star Wars

Comment

Rogue 1 is possibly my best films of all of them
                  but i simply dont have a problem with disney turning out more films we moan if they do less and moan if they do more simply more done right is better

regarding the first 2 of disney yes there is a lot of dissapointed people butthe more i watch them the more they make sense ie the more you u derstand the better they become

little details you see sec time round

i dont want to give the game away but theres a a reason whythey dont tell you who snoke is because its probably going to be covered in the upcoming stories
                  i think the biggest let down was leia going into space and floating back took it too far for most and maybe the rich planet too but i think this was to show that goodies and baddies ships all come from same people

ok onto solo i walked out of the film thinking i needed abit more imperial action in there but that wasnt what its all about its showing han is this plucky kid who trying to better himself
                  it really does show that the universe is a harsh place which is ruled by the empire or gang lords so it gives us alot more back story filling gaps in where the films concetrated on glits and glamour of heroes villians and big battles

the last film i think is at the start no ones was aware that the alliance was on its last legs and everyone expected a force to turn up to save the day there was a let down
                  Last edited by Star wars vs lotr; 2 June 2018, 10:04.

Comment

One thing i can tell you if you only watch one film this year at cinema or dvd you must see
                    the avengers simply the best film ive seen and def in my top 5 ever

Comment

Seen it twice, but to lazy to post about it.

I liked it. It's a shame it seems to be under performing at the box office as it's not a bad movie.

Comment

Sure, but 'not a bad movie' is not enough in Star Wars.

Comment

The comments regarding Solo sound promising. The reason why I won't watch it in theater is to show Disney I don't like how they handle Star Wars and what they do with the "episode" movies. I guess I'm not alone in that and Solo is taking the hit. I created the poll because I wanted to see how people feel about it. Thanks to all who participated and commented!
                          There are so many angry videos at Youtube criticising Disney and Lucasfilm for The Last Jedi. I don't like the tone of some of these videos and the personal attacks they contain, but at the core these complaints are valid. But I also can understand DarkShadow's notion to not discuss these matters in circles. Different people value different things in a movie and I can at least see Episode 7 and 8 as brilliant 2h+ fx reels.

The funny thing is, when the Disney Star Wars deal was announced, I said, I hoped Disney would hire creative new people and let them do something fresh. It's cruel to see such a wish fulfilled in the worst way possible. I never thought they would throw 3000 years of storytelling wisdom out of the window.

Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
                          i dont want to give the game away but theres a a reason whythey dont tell you who snoke is because its probably going to be covered in the upcoming stories
                          I wish I had your faith! As long as they don't pull another cheap trick, Snoke's story seems to have ended more or less in Episode 8. He wasn't a very interesting character to begin with and we didn't see much of him in Episode 7 and 8. Why would anyone still care for who he is? He was just the generic, ugly $evil_master who was there, because there has always been one in the other movies. A mystery isn't worth anything by itself. It needs some relevant story backing it up, it shouldn't be pulled out of thin air (there should be foreshadowing of some sort) and it has to affect a character we deeply care for to make an impression on the audience. You see how impossible that is? Who should be that character we deeply care for in Episode 8? The only guy I felt pity for was actor Mark Hamill (not Luke), for how badly they humiliated him.

Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

Originally posted by egel View Post
                            Sure, but 'not a bad movie' is not enough in Star Wars.
                            Seems to be enough for everyone who liked The Last Jedi. I wouldn't even call it "not bad". The phrase that comes to mind is "dumpster fire".

Solo gives us a look at the criminal underworld of the galaxy, which is something we're not used to seeing. Until now it's always been about the Jedi and Sith, the Force, the galaxy's freedom at stake, and finding hope to continue the perilous battle.

So for everyone who says Solo doesn't fee like a Star Wars movie are looking at it with blinders on IMO. Solo is actually a really fresh take on Star Wars and shows us a really interesting element that hasn't been touched on yet.

Comment

It will be a Google Play download for me.
                              The Red Room
                              https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Working...
                              X