Favourite or Best Old Sideshow Weta Piece?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post

You mean Ringwraith or Mouth of Sauron?
    Sorry I meant Ringwraith or the SS Dark Rider

Comment

Well, I have the Dark Rider of Mordor and I love it!

I think most people on here will always tell you to go with whatever you love the most. I think you already know the answer to that. Looking forward to hearing on what you decided.

Comment

I own the Ringwraith on Steed and think it’s one of the very best pieces from the SS/Weta days. Easily one of my favorites in my LOTR collection.

I had the 1:4 scale Sideshow Dark Rider PF too but sold it out of fear it would crack at the back support leg like so many of them did. I really wanted to keep it but in the end it wasn’t worth the risk for me so I cashed in and never looked back in regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
          I own the Ringwraith on Steed and think it’s one of the very best pieces from the SS/Weta days. Easily one of my favorites in my LOTR collection.

I had the 1:4 scale Sideshow Dark Rider PF too but sold it out of fear it would crack at the back support leg like so many of them did. I really wanted to keep it but in the end it wasn’t worth the risk for me so I cashed in and never looked back in regret.
          Scary times when that issue first popped up. I always view the PF line with sadness, so much potential and they just let it die.

Comment

This is such a tough question....

From what i own i think my fav are The Balrog, RingWraith on Steed The Stone Trolls and the Watcher in Water

Though the Balrog is an absolute eye catcher

Comment

Uruk-Hai Berserker

My first LOTR statue and still one of my favourites.

And special mention for the Legendary scale Uruk Hai bust... That is awesome!

EDIT - Oops I didn't realise how old this thread was... I posted my love for these two items aaages ago

Oh well at least my love for them is still strong.

They are worthy of a repeat post
              Last edited by Beast; 9th November 2017, 07:54.

Comment

That Uruk- Hai LSB is a beauty isn't it!

Comment

Such a hard decision. Most of my LoTR stuff are environments and the SS 1/6th maquette line. Only PF I have is the Gandalf but this Dark Rider is just a beast!

Comment

Ringwraith on Steed is still my favorite....even with over 200 pieces later. Next is Sam & Bill. Love the naivete and goodness in Sam's face and represents all the Hobbits. Third is Watcher in the Water....totally underrated by many.

Comment

Originally posted by Wetanut View Post
                      Ringwraith on Steed is still my favorite....even with over 200 pieces later. Next is Sam & Bill. Love the naivete and goodness in Sam's face and represents all the Hobbits. Third is Watcher in the Water....totally underrated by many.
                      Great list!

Comment

Originally posted by Wetanut View Post
                        Great list indeed....I don;t have Sam and Bill yet to judge your choice but i can just imagine...and hopefully can confirm soon ;)

The Watcher is only underrated by people who never saw it in person....It blew me away once i opened the box amazing piece

Bilbo SSW and Orc Warrior are among my fav too from the ssw line

Comment

I absolutely agree with Wetanut - Ringwraith and Sam&Bill have this unique feeling to them: THIS is Lord of the Rings. My favourite two pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Entrari View Post
                            Such a hard decision. Most of my LoTR stuff are environments and the SS 1/6th maquette line. Only PF I have is the Gandalf but this Dark Rider is just a beast!
                            Both the maquettes and PFs are Sideshow, not Sideshow/Weta, so that should narrow down what you favourite is quite a bit.

Comment

Sam and Bill just gets me every time. Something about it.
                              And each time I look at the Cave troll and Daddy Rog I'm always in awe.
                              RWOS is not far behind. Hard to pick a 5th for my top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
                                Sam and Bill just gets me every time. Something about it.
                                And each time I look at the Cave troll and Daddy Rog I'm always in awe.
                                RWOS is not far behind. Hard to pick a 5th for my top 5.
                                It’s just too hard... I have like a top hundred

Comment

I agree with the Ringwraith on Steed. That statue IS Lord of the Rings. It's what got my attention way back in the day when I discovered that these Sideshow-Weta pieces existed. It was just a picture of it but I was blown away by it. $275.00 was the price back then, but it was already sold out. At the time I thought that was 'a lot of money'. Funny, right? I picked it up for $500 about a year later. Worth every penny.

I've never owned or seen in person the Cave Troll or the Balrog but I'm sure those two are as amazing as everyone says.

Another favorite piece of mine is the Witch-king bust. Such a cool sculpt that takes you right back to Weathertop. Another one I love is the Theoden bust for its amazing likeness to Bernard Hill.

Favorite environment? Mines of Moria. Who doesn't love to get lost in there from time to time?

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post

It’s just too hard... I have like a top hundred
                                    How about a “favourite on each shelf” lol

Def not an easy choice when there is quite a bit of diversity with pieces (1/6, busts, helms, enviros, etc). But I do love the Treebeard Bust, that is one of my favourites.
                                    Last edited by MrFishyFace; 26th November 2017, 10:54.

Comment

Cave troll
                                      Ringwraith on steed
                                      watcher in the water
                                      i have this statues in my collection and is my favorites from sideshow weta
                                      i dont have the Stone trolls or original balrog but i have seen in person and are amazing!
                                      "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Ringwraith on Steed and Witch King of Angmar

Comment

Elendil, Isildur and Gil galad busts

Comment

Working...
                                          X