Favourite or Best Old Sideshow Weta Piece?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post

You mean Ringwraith or Mouth of Sauron?
    Sorry I meant Ringwraith or the SS Dark Rider

Comment

Well, I have the Dark Rider of Mordor and I love it!

I think most people on here will always tell you to go with whatever you love the most. I think you already know the answer to that. Looking forward to hearing on what you decided.

Comment

I own the Ringwraith on Steed and think it’s one of the very best pieces from the SS/Weta days. Easily one of my favorites in my LOTR collection.

I had the 1:4 scale Sideshow Dark Rider PF too but sold it out of fear it would crack at the back support leg like so many of them did. I really wanted to keep it but in the end it wasn’t worth the risk for me so I cashed in and never looked back in regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
          I own the Ringwraith on Steed and think it’s one of the very best pieces from the SS/Weta days. Easily one of my favorites in my LOTR collection.

I had the 1:4 scale Sideshow Dark Rider PF too but sold it out of fear it would crack at the back support leg like so many of them did. I really wanted to keep it but in the end it wasn’t worth the risk for me so I cashed in and never looked back in regret.
          Scary times when that issue first popped up. I always view the PF line with sadness, so much potential and they just let it die.

Comment

This is such a tough question....

From what i own i think my fav are The Balrog, RingWraith on Steed The Stone Trolls and the Watcher in Water

Though the Balrog is an absolute eye catcher

Comment

Uruk-Hai Berserker

My first LOTR statue and still one of my favourites.

And special mention for the Legendary scale Uruk Hai bust... That is awesome!

EDIT - Oops I didn't realise how old this thread was... I posted my love for these two items aaages ago

Oh well at least my love for them is still strong.

They are worthy of a repeat post
              Last edited by Beast; 9th November 2017, 08:54.

Comment

That Uruk- Hai LSB is a beauty isn't it!

Comment

Such a hard decision. Most of my LoTR stuff are environments and the SS 1/6th maquette line. Only PF I have is the Gandalf but this Dark Rider is just a beast!

Comment

Ringwraith on Steed is still my favorite....even with over 200 pieces later. Next is Sam & Bill. Love the naivete and goodness in Sam's face and represents all the Hobbits. Third is Watcher in the Water....totally underrated by many.

Comment

Originally posted by Wetanut View Post
                      Ringwraith on Steed is still my favorite....even with over 200 pieces later. Next is Sam & Bill. Love the naivete and goodness in Sam's face and represents all the Hobbits. Third is Watcher in the Water....totally underrated by many.
                      Great list!

Comment

Working...
                      X