Is the Sideshow Legendary Scale Busts worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Sideshow Legendary Scale Busts worth buying?

In particular, the Legolas bust. I like the pictures I've seen on Sideshow archive page, but I want to hear from my fellow collectors before I commit myself to a transaction!

I can't say about Legolas. I have the Balrog, the Uruk-hai, the Ringwraith and the Twilight Witch-king and they are all great!

Comment

Thanks for the reply finarfin! I'll definitely consider it. It's just the front on view doesn't really have much of a likeness to Legolas

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsay Bolton View Post
        Thanks for the reply finarfin! I'll definitely consider it. It's just the front on view doesn't really have much of a likeness to Legolas
        I agree. I am not so sure about the Legolas one. The good thing about LSB's in general is the size. You really enjoy all the details of the character.

Comment

I have Gandalf, Aragorn, WitchKing, Boromir and Uruk-Hai. All are very well done especially Uruk , WitchKing and Boromir but from what I have seen on Legolas these is no likeness to legolas at all. But the pose is nice. But its my least favorite line from my collection to tell u the truth

Comment

Ever since I saw the Uruk Hai legendary bust it's been a grail for me... No idea how i'm ever going to get one though. They don't appear very often and when they do the price is astronomical/comical.

Great collection though!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n21468[/ATTACH]

Comment

Wow that Uruk bust is a must have

Comment

That Cave Troll is AWESOME!

Comment

Cave Troll is the best, followed by the Balrog and the Morgul Lord, those three are simple the best of the LSB line IMO.
                  Sauron is pretty good as wel. Aragorn and gandalf are definitely the worst ones in this line.
                  Legolas is not bad, pose is cool, the likeness is pretty good from some angles.
                  He is definitely 100x better than the dreadful SSW bust and statue, that have zero likeness.

Comment

Originally posted by ÉoMeR ÉaDiG View Post
                    Cave Troll is the best, followed by the Balrog and the Morgul Lord, those three are simple the best of the LSB line IMO.
                    Sauron is pretty good as wel. Aragorn and gandalf are definitely the worst ones in this line.
                    Legolas is not bad, pose is cool, the likeness is pretty good from some angles.
                    He is definitely 100x better than the dreadful SSW bust and statue, that have zero likeness.
                    I am wondering why do you say this about the Aragorn one? It is an iconic moment from the film and I was actually going to go for it. Is there something wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by finarfin View Post

I am wondering why do you say this about the Aragorn one? It is an iconic moment from the film and I was actually going to go for it. Is there something wrong with it?
                      The likeness of this piece is not great and his expression feels very lifeless.
                      And the overall look/details/paint of his clothing felt very basic.
                      This of course is just my opinion of it, but i think it's not a great statue..

Comment

Originally posted by ÉoMeR ÉaDiG View Post

The likeness of this piece is not great and his expression feels very lifeless.
                        And the overall look/details/paint of his clothing felt very basic.
                        This of course is just my opinion of it, but i think it's not a great statue..
                        Ok, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
                          Ever since I saw the Uruk Hai legendary bust it's been a grail for me... No idea how i'm ever going to get one though. They don't appear very often and when they do the price is astronomical/comical.

Great collection though!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n21468[/ATTACH]

I have this and true its amazing and the detail is perfect but i have been contemplating with myself if i should sell it or not cause its a headache to display...it takes alot of head room and its a B****

Comment

I have all of them except Sauron and Aragon. In my opinion they are fantastic!

Eti, you better hold on to that bad boy! You'll regret it if you let him go.

Comment

Ah yeah... Space is always an issue. Especially with these big pieces.

But a glorious piece like the Uruk Hai would have priority placement on my Dining Room table

Or failing that I'd have to make some kind of custom shelf.

Comment

I have the great pleasure to be able to say I have finally managed to grab myself the URUK HAI LEGENDARY SCALE BUST!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw one pop up and thought the price was reasonable considering... And it's also a grail for me!!! So happy right now!

They are definitely worth getting if you have a chance. This peice is beautiful.

Comment

Congrats Beast! Your right, it is a beautiful piece.

Comment

I'm lucky enough to have all the legendary series and as with everything some are better than others but I still would not part with any of them
                                    All are still special.

Comment

I had the chance to purchase all their LSBs, and only ended up getting the Gandalf one, and the Cave Troll. My personal thoughts are that the whole line was a hit-or-miss. Some standouts, but overall, the smaller sculpts fell short of the quality I'd expected were afforded with the larger pieces. Hence why I'd rather invest in Jervy's busts at this point.
                                      Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Ever since I started collecting Sideshow/ Weta statues, the Legendary Cave Troll has been at the top of my list, but I've never managed to track one down! One day... one day...

Comment

Working...
                                        X