Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gandalf the White with Shadowfax

Hello,
    Please write down your opinions about this statue and what is the right price for it ??

Thanks.

One of the best Gandalf statues out there IMO. Especially as his white incarnation. Biggest drawback is that the skin tone of his staff hand doesn't match the rest, but it can be overlooked.

Dunno about price. Have you tried searching for finished auctions on eBay?

Comment

Well it's surely an iconic statue. Shadowfax is just so beautifully done. My only slight reservation is that Gandalf is looking down so you can't see his face very well. If we could have the SSW Gandalf the White bust on the statue (At the right scale of course!) that would be perfect.
      It's still worth getting and i think it's worth around £250 (Please adjust to your local currency! )

Comment

The three rider pieces, Aragorn, Gandalf the White and Legolas/Gimli are pretty much stable in the 350-450 eur/USD range for now I think. But I see them go lower without boxes or slight damages of course.
        Instagram: randy_baggins

Comment

I recently bought this statue locally for $350. and WOW what a statue, it is awesome.

Comment

Shadowfax is brilliant, Brigitte Wuest is still the grandmaster of sculpting horses

My personal favourite version Gandalf the White is the SSW one I own by Gary Hunt, and I would really consider this one as well! But both statues are great... maybe get both versions

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8750.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	211676

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8764.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	211677

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8765.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	211678

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8763.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	211679

The sculpting and detailing on the robes is extremely realistic, and the weathering technique and metallic paint used on Glamdring is incredible (the same used on SSW Gandalf the Grey). The way the robes drape around the hilt of Glamdring is a highlight in realistic sculpting for me

Enjoy whichever statue(s) you decide on Bishop, both are fantastic!

Comment

You are making anything look good with you lighting set-up!
              I never liked this version of GTW, but your pictures makes him look straight out of the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                You are making anything look good with you lighting set-up!
                I never liked this version of GTW, but your pictures makes him look straight out of the movies.

The good sculpting is already there but only downlighting reveals it!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD055353-9694-4BFA-A069-8EED9AA63838.jpeg
Views:	481
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	211718 GTW on Shadowfax is a really nice statue. I would have preferred a more forward stance of Gandalf, so I think Shadowfax steals the show on this one. Overall a wonderful addition. I bought this on eBay a year ago for about $225 (including shipping). A pretty good deal then. Just a guess but $300+ is what you might expect to pay, but just a guess.
                  Last edited by DustyD; 14 March 2021, 06:07.

Comment

GtWoS is a jewel, I sold most of my riders but not this one, its too incredible.

Comment

Thanks for the information from everyone !!!
                      Then I will buy.380 € with shipping then a good price. Unopened brand new !!!
                      Thanks.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal. Let us know when you get them.

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post
                          Thanks for the information from everyone !!!
                          Then I will buy.380 € with shipping then a good price. Unopened brand new !!!
                          Thanks.
                          I bought my SSW Sam and Bill brand new unopened a few years back. I did pay a pretty penny though, which is unavoidable nowadays.

Still sealed, it was like opening a time capsule, quite surreal!

The paper covering the statue was yellowed with age, and crumbling, but the quality control and paint work were absolutely perfect back in those days.

So much fun opening a sealed SSW statue! Enjoy!

Comment

The legs on SF are a weak point as with all the steed pieces from this time, but overall it is a fantastic, dynamic piece that can still be picked up around £250-£350.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I have seen him go for as little as €200. However, €350 would be more the normal price. Mind you, I have seen an asking price of €450 before.

It is a great piece and well worth having in any LOTR collection.

?Gandalf on Shadowfax 2 by William Daly, on Flickr

?Gandalf on Shadowfax 4 by William Daly, on Flickr

?Gandalf on Shadowfax 3 by William Daly, on Flickr

?Gandalf on Shadowfax 7 by William Daly, on Flickr

?Gandalf on Shadowfax 5 by William Daly, on Flickr

?Gandalf on Shadowfax 8 Adj by William Daly, on Flickr

?Gandalf on Shadowfax 9 Adj by William Daly, on Flickr

andalf on Shadowfax 9 by William Daly, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks bill59

Beautiful pictures as always.
                                  Thanks

Comment

Love the photos, bill.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Fantastic statue but as
                                        FrodoEyes said earlier Gandalf's face is hard to clearly see as he is looking down. Because of this, I have displayed him on the top of my Ikea Detolf cabinets.
                                        "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Working...
                                        X