Hardest to find.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

    It's been sold out for a long time, a member here asked Daniel if Weta had any plans to bring it back and I think he said there were none. If Weta removed it from their site then they really have no plans to bring it back. Which is a shame, I would think that it would be easier to produce. It must be a licensing issue. Since I've started collecting I've only ever seen one pop up for sale and I was lucky enough to snag it in size 10. I knew it was rare but since then I haven't seen a single one come up for sale.
    That’s so true! WETA only has to not print Elvish Runes…

    Comment


      I just discovered this thread and it is a good one.

      Many have already shared my same thoughts in regards to pieces, prices and plans...

      My big regret is passing on the Prancing Pony. As an environment collector, it is really my only missing piece. I remember the $200 price tag and thinking at the time it was not worth it, being so tiny...

      I too hope that either Weta revisits it in a larger scale or perhaps our very own "Kyle" will offer one up!

      My other missing piece and hard to find and/or crazy priced is the WiKi helm that was strangely offered thru the medallion line, to those collectors. Again, it is the only helm piece that I am missing. I did obtain a great 3D print replacement but obviously not the same as having the original.

      Comment


        Originally posted by FlyAndFight View Post
        I just discovered this thread and it is a good one.

        Many have already shared my same thoughts in regards to pieces, prices and plans...

        My big regret is passing on the Prancing Pony. As an environment collector, it is really my only missing piece. I remember the $200 price tag and thinking at the time it was not worth it, being so tiny...

        I too hope that either Weta revisits it in a larger scale or perhaps our very own "Kyle" will offer one up!

        My other missing piece and hard to find and/or crazy priced is the WiKi helm that was strangely offered thru the medallion line, to those collectors. Again, it is the only helm piece that I am missing. I did obtain a great 3D print replacement but obviously not the same as having the original.
        You mean 1/1 helmet?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Mirrorinthemirror View Post

          You mean 1/1 helmet?
          Hello! No, the 1/4 scale Helm line. It originated in the Sideshow/Weta partnership and Weta has continued it but alas, in plastic and no longer in metal.

          While they do look good, there was just something special about being made of metal (for the most part) on the originals.

          Comment


            Originally posted by FlyAndFight View Post

            Hello! No, the 1/4 scale Helm line. It originated in the Sideshow/Weta partnership and Weta has continued it but alas, in plastic and no longer in metal.

            While they do look good, there was just something special about being made of metal (for the most part) on the originals.
            So, this? I’m selling this btw, but I’m in Japan and the item is big and heavy, and I don’t recommend.I’m pretty sure I saw the helm in EBay the other day.
            Attached Files

            Comment


              I believe he is talking about the twilight version of the Witchking crown.

              Comment


                Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
                I believe he is talking about the twilight version of the Witchking crown.
                Oh now I see. That’s indeed very rare or I haven’t seen it for sale in my entire life.

                Comment


                  Yep, the twilight WiKi crown.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by FlyAndFight View Post
                    Yep, the twilight WiKi crown.
                    I hope you’ll find it soon!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Mirrorinthemirror View Post

                      I hope you’ll find it soon!
                      Thank you! I feel it has already sailed onto the "Unbuying Lands"... Price is beyond crazy.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by FlyAndFight View Post

                        Thank you! I feel it has already sailed onto the "Unbuying Lands"... Price is beyond crazy.
                        I saw one for like 2000$ on eBay it was ridiculous. Edit I found it, and it's worse than I remembered haha
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210928-150546.png
Views:	357
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	238696
                        Last edited by TMcLim; 29 September 2021, 11:06.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

                          I saw one for like 2000$ on eBay it was ridiculous. Edit I found it, and it's worse than I remembered haha
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210928-150546.png
Views:	357
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	238696
                          Yeeesh! That's nuts!

                          Comment


                            Hey free shipping though! Haha

                            Comment


                              The Firefly series and the movie Serenity are some of my favorites. The replica of the ship is very cool!!!

                              Comment


                                Sorry i've resurrected an old thread but just got back into collecting LOTR Weta so am playing catchup with old and new pieces.

                                I'm after the original SSW Orthanc (post-ruin):

                                Click image for larger version  Name:	lotr-weta-sideshow-orthanc-black_1_26ca75e5413ff74a455dff8f9c21c6fe_35487776268022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.9 KB ID:	300897

                                Would £550 be a fair price for this?
                                Don't suppose anyone is interested in selling?
                                Last edited by thebluewizard; 8 January 2023, 02:13.

                                Comment


                                  It’s good, or there’s the new smaller version that Weta have recently put up for pre order

                                  Comment


                                    Ah yes, I may end up buying that as a fall back if can't get hold of the original Orthanc.

                                    From what I can tell the new mini one will scale almost perfectly with Minas Morgul and nicely with Minas Tirith and Barad Dur environment. The latter two I use to own and wish I still did

                                    so far I aquired the original Helm's Deep which I believe is approx 1/600 scale.

                                    Comment


                                      I think you will struggle if you try to collect environments and to have them in the same scale. Apart from the hobbit holes, they are pretty much all over the place scale wise
                                      have you considered the pre-ruin Isengard?

                                      Comment


                                        I figure its bit too small the new one - I'm a bit of a scale freak... Can't help myself

                                        Yeah they're mostly all over the place but you can roughly group them...
                                        I've figured these are roughly 1/400 scale:

                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	1to400 scale.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	302384

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X