Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince Imrahil View Post
    Hi,
    I have owened Smaug the Golden for a few years. I always been looking for faux-bronze Eowyn and the Witchking. I was ablle to get that at a reasonable price in Feb so now have both in my collection. I wouldnt mind Weta Faramir , had the chance way back to purchase but did not buy.
    Is the Weta Faramir hard to find?

Comment

I mainly look on ebay and have not seen one for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

Is the Weta Faramir hard to find?
        One sold for around £500 recently.

Speaking of rare, the ford of Bruinen art print - the exclusive one you got if you ordered both Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth and the ringwraith at the ford - sold this week for $400!

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

One sold for around £500 recently.

Speaking of rare, the ford of Bruinen art print - the exclusive one you got if you ordered both Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth and the ringwraith at the ford - sold this week for $400!
          Barad-Dur just sold for 2308.00usd on eBay the other day.
          argonathfbanner by

Comment

I'm struggling to find the Weta Smaug bust. I owned the full statue for years so never thought I'd need the bust, but sold the statue recently. I'd love to get the bust as a replacement though, it's just a shame it's turned so rare and when it does show up it's one of the most expensive items it seems to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tmclim View Post

Barad-Dur just sold for 2308.00usd on eBay the other day.
              Yes i saw that, it does make you wonder if there's a point you reach with the value of something you have that makes you consider whether you should really sell it! When the Argonath value reached £1000 i sold mine as i'm more than happy with just the bookends, but you can't really replace a Weta Barad-Dur. Sure there's Danbury Mint, but you would always look at it and hate the fact that it wasn't the Weta one
              Plus it's nice to have things in the collection that you know you would probably never have again if you sold it.

Anubis they seem to occasionally crop up on the Facebook collectors group. I also sold the statue but i'm looking forward to the new mini statue.

Comment

Anubis they seem to occasionally crop up on the Facebook collectors group. I also sold the statue but i'm looking forward to the new mini statue.
                Yeah the statue I just had no room for unfortunately but if I managed to pick the bust up I have an idea of picking up Balrog/Fell Beast/Treebeard busts as well (eventually). Gonna wait for July and see what SDCC brings first.

Comment

Yes i saw that, it does make you wonder if there's a point you reach with the value of something you have that makes you consider whether you should really sell it! When the Argonath value reached £1000 i sold mine as i'm more than happy with just the bookends, but you can't really replace a Weta Barad-Dur. Sure there's Danbury Mint, but you would always look at it and hate the fact that it wasn't the Weta one
                  Plus it's nice to have things in the collection that you know you would probably never have again if you sold it.

No doubt, some do for sure, I myself wouldn't. But circumstances change.
                  argonathfbanner by

Comment

Firstly, the forum is just so amazing with the abundance of knowledge being shared!
                    With having been collecting only recently, my list would probably run into pages, but to keep things short : Treebeard, Fili's pipe, Minas Tirith, Smaug bust, Argonath..
                    (but just incase someone knows about an availability, please do let me know)

Comment

Got it:

SSW RWOS - not super scarce, but the price was always too high to stomach. One day I just finally broke down and said "Oh what the heck!"

UC War Helm of the Witch-king - finally convinced a fellow collector to sell me his a few years back for $800; could easily sell it for twice that today.

Never got and have now given up on:

SSW Cave Troll - again price was too high, and now I simply don't have the room.

Weta Minas Tirith - stupidly never ordered it feeling that the DM one was good enough. By the time I changed my mind, it was much too late.

Weta Fili: one of the most inexplicably rare pieces in Weta history. Price too ridiculous now for such a secondary character.

Weta Fili Pipe: see above.

Still in the hunt:

Noble's Ring of Denethor: I swear they only made half a dozen of these. Well, no... but the last one I saw for sale was over five years ago. Not sure what stopped me from buying it then. Been looking ever since.

Just to make some of you jealous:

Picked up Prancing Pony Inn for $400 ten years ago.

Picked up SSW mini Minas Morgul for $150 eight years ago.

Bought the HCG Lorien Bow LE when it first came out for $350.

Bought the UC Sword of Isildur new from an online retailer for $180.
                      Last edited by Valkrist; 8 April 2021, 08:26.

Comment

I am looking for the UC2614MC Sword of Samwise Museum Collection. I have been searching for quite some time now and very rarely see one come up for sale.

Comment

Working...
                        X