Arwen Evenstar statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arwen Evenstar statue

Hi. I think this thread is as good as any to ask some information. I managed to purchase the old Arwen statue with the flowers in her hand + the Grima statue from a local dealer for 320 Eur plus shipping. I consider it a good deal for those older statues. I haven't read or heard that Grima statue have had any issues with it, meaning some bits have been broken or something like that. Arwen on the other hand had issues with the flowers and specially missing the part which should continue to the other side of her hand. Is there something else I should look into when I receive them both? The seller said they are still in their boxes, never displayed so that should ease my worries but naturally I want my statues as complete.

I think the main problem with Arwen was the flower and the stem as you mentioned. Mine is broken, but will be fixed after my upcoming move.

Comment

Fortunately my SSW Arwen is perfect

Grima was secondhand and one finger around the dagger was slightly cracked, or broken and reglued maybe. Not very noticeable so I didn’t mention it to the seller

Comment

Ok, thanks for the comments. The seller just sent me a note that Arwen´s box is indeed sealed with the QC label still in place. This is an old statue so I'm surprised these kind of packages still exist. But I will know more next week when I receive them. Very excited

Comment

Pretty common issue with the stem. I got her for 80, and fixed the stem (the first repair effort I ever took)
          Not sure how much Grima goes for but 320 for both excluding shipping sounds a bit too much imo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0075 (16).jpg
Views:	259
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	192880
          Instagram: randy_baggins

Comment

Same issue with the flowers for me, plus when I dusted her this summer her toes had come loose!

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
              Same issue with the flowers for me, plus when I dusted her this summer her toes had come loose!
              That’s some enthusiastic dusting FE

Sounds like you might need to adopt the “Pocketreef Method of Most Excellent Dusting”

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post

The fine tip pen I use came with this kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              The black I use for touch-up is TAMIYA 81501
              The glue: Loctite Liquid Professional Super Glue 20-Gram Bottle (1365882)
              Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Wait, what's the glue for?
              Originally posted by pocketreef View Post

once you finish dusting

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grima pic 01.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	195459 Click image for larger version

Name:	Grima pic 02.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	195457 Click image for larger version

Name:	Arwen pic 01.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	195456 Click image for larger version

Name:	Arwen pic 02.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	195458
                Both statues arrived in great condition and Arwen has her flower intact. They do look great, don't they

Regarding the price. Would you consider eBay as a good reference point? Meaning the sold prices. Nobody wants to pay overprice but just thinking for future if/when these older statues are offered.
                Attached Files

Comment

Congrats, they do both look great. I always look at eBays sold prices for reference before buying something. People can ask whatever they want, the sold prices tell what people are willing to pay.

Comment

Thanks. Naturally not all statues, busts etc. have been sold during the time sold prices are still available (4 months?). Those ones are tricky to figure out what you are willing to pay

Comment

I think the sold prices are always an important reference
                      MetroMan2000
                      Flamer
                      MetroMan2000 even if I often disagree with them! I try and check them periodically, as that better reflects general trends in the collectibles market.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan2000 View Post
                        Thanks. Naturally not all statues, busts etc. have been sold during the time sold prices are still available (4 months?). Those ones are tricky to figure out what you are willing to pay
                        I got still three weeks left of my subscription of worthpoint.com
                        Don't know how reliable it is, but maybe I can check something for you?

Comment

Thanks for the help but I just got a reply from a possible seller. It seems our prices are far apart so lets see what I will do with that. One statue I didn't find from eBay: Ugluk Uruk Hai Captain. Is its price available?

Comment

Looking at older sold pieces Ugluk has sold for anything between $69 and $299 (AP)
                            Many of them are in the area around $89-175

I wouldn't pay more than 150 for it.

Comment

Got it. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X