Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam and bill the pony

Hi,

Someone offers me Sam and bill the pony second hand in good condition (so he says) for € 600,-.

i like this one a lot but think that the price is a bit high.

what do you think about the price?

regards

sander

Originally posted by Sander1377 View Post
    Hi,

Someone offers me Sam and bill the pony second hand in good condition (so he says) for € 600,-.

regards

sander
    Price doesn't seem bad considering there is one on ebay going for just over €2400! Have you tried bartering a bit lower?

Comment

I don’t know what the prices are doing at the moment, but about 10 years ago I’d consider that a great deal if including original box/foam.
      Always on the hunt

Comment

I've seen one sell for 700 euros not long ago.

Comment

I paid $550 USD for mine back in April. Converted to Euros online came out to 475 euros. The TolkienShop - TolkienWinkel used to have it, but I can’t remember what the price was. I think he just has a different solo Bill the Pony for 395 euros. You could contact him.
          edit: I bought it on ebay and really like it. The price you were given seems a little high based on what I paid for it, but I am not sure if it is unreasonable.
          Last edited by DustyD; 24 July 2020, 13:28.

Comment

It's hard to say. It's a beautiful piece and very popular, not sure if we're counting it as a grail but it's certainly close to it.

600 euros still feels a bit too much for me. Although it's not that high that should you choose to go for it you should feel hard done by.

Comment

It was tolkienshop who offers it to me for that price.

I passed on it. There is so much new nice stuff out now and I also still very much want to have Arwen en Frodo on Asfold and some others that are higher on my wish list.

And I don’t have a money tree in my yard sadly enough...

but thanks for the prices and advise!

Comment

Seems a little high to me but if it's an ultimate grail for you and it's in perfect shape and comes with everything, I'd just go for it.

Comment

600 euro sounds okay. I paid 700 euro for mine a couple of years ago, but it was brand new sealed. Love it!

Opening it was like opening a time capsule, the tissue paper wrapping the statue was so old it was yellow and disintegrating! Paint job, quality, everything was absolutely top notch.

People talk about impressive statues which they call "grails", such as Treebeard, Sauron etc, but then there are those statues that have an even more special place because of what they mean to you.

For me, Sam & Bill is one of those

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
                    600 euro sounds okay. I paid 700 euro for mine a couple of years ago, but it was brand new sealed. Love it!

Opening it was like opening a time capsule, the tissue paper wrapping the statue was so old it was yellow and disintegrating! Paint job, quality, everything was absolutely top notch.

People talk about impressive statues which they call "grails", such as Treebeard, Sauron etc, but then there are those statues that have an even more special place because of what they mean to you.

Completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

Yes, definitely one of my absolute favourites!
                      Always on the hunt

Comment

I got mine for $600 USD off eBay about seven years ago and never looked back. Easily one of my most prized collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjhoe View Post

Yes, definitely one of my absolute favourites!
                          +1

The gentleness of Sam.

Comment

and Bill the pnoy

Comment

Originally posted by Sander1377 View Post
                              Hi,

regards

sander
                              Slightly high... can get it around 500 Euro for sure

I was lucky to get a signed one for 450 Euro and as others said its one of my favs too

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                and Bill the pnoy
                                Bill is Filipino?!?

Always learning something new in this forum...

Comment

Working...
                                X