Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sideshow Weta Cave Troll Bust AP

Hello dear collectors,

I have a question for you. I noticed the other day that my bust has a consecutive number + artist proof on the base. Is that normal?
    My treebeard is different. There is only Artist Proof framed without a normal number. Maybe you have more information?

Here is a photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200506_134712.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	177922
    Thanks in advance !
    Toby
    When injustice becomes justice, resistance becomes a duty.

Maybe you should ask Jamie Beswarick

Comment

My cave troll is the same, an edition number and an AP. And mine came directly from SSW. I posted photos on Facebook and someone said, without even seeing the underside of the base, 'oh you have an artist proof cave troll bust, I can tell because the teeth are better done than usual'!?
      But it does seem that there are a lot of these AP numbered editions out there? I keep seeing comments like this so there must be a few.

Maybe the 'exclusive offer in association with Electronic Arts' part at the bottom is a clue. I can't remember now but maybe they partnered with EA to promote the SSW line as well as the video games from EA, and those ones were the artist proofs.
      Last edited by FrodoEyes; 20th May 2020, 00:41.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
        My cave troll is the same, an edition number and an AP. And mine came directly from SSW. I posted photos on Facebook and someone said, without even seeing the underside of the base, 'oh you have an artist proof cave troll bust, I can tell because the teeth are better done than usual'!?
        But it does seem that there are a lot of these AP numbered editions out there? I keep seeing comments like this so there must be a few.

Maybe the 'exclusive offer in association with Electronic Arts' part at the bottom is a clue. I can't remember now but maybe they partnered with EA to promote the SSW line as well as the video games from EA, and those ones were the artist proofs.
        Yes i think there are a lot out there. But I was always curious what story is behind. Oh it could well be that it has something to do with EA. That would be conceivable. Do you have a art box? Mine is in a plain white box.
        When injustice becomes justice, resistance becomes a duty.

Comment

Mine came in a plain white box too but I must have thrown it out! Probably by accident as it doesn’t have any marks or info.

Comment

Mine has the Artist Proof on the bottom as well. If you can find one that doesn't say that, it's worth a fortune!

Comment

Mine does not have Artist Proof on the bottom

And other informations look quite different in comparison with achtzehn99 bust

Comment

Very interesting, great comparison wiking .

Comment

Yes, that one doesn’t mention Electronic Arts.

Maybe this is that rare thing where a normal edition is rarer than the artist proof!

Comment

But this doesn't mean they made a whopping 20.000 of them?

Comment

It's a fake, you have a Eave Troll not a Cave Troll.

Comment

You are right Ithildin. It is a Eave Troll More and more strange things come about the bust. Can anyone explain that?
                        Anyway, this is my C(E)ave troll bust. It does not look fake.

Comment

If I remember correctly, some were called eave troll. It's one of those anomalies like the Balrong shipping boxes

Comment

Didn't one of more of the design boxes from the SSW era have spelling errors too?

Comment

Well damn, not a AP and a misprint. The value is shooting up and up. Might be a one of a kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X