• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i remember right my first statue was sauron and orc warrior
    after i was hooked and now upto about 90 statues on im still there
    over the years theres been some fantastic pieces and now tb is otw
    we wait for comic con to see whats tempting us this year

Comment

The faux bronze Saruman looks cool,congrats.

Comment

What an amazing piece to add to your already fantastic collection Keith. Big congrats buddy.

Comment

Amazing that you now own Christopher Lee's Saruman statue. I just rewatched the Gollum DVD to see it.

Litterally THE #1 Sideshow-Weta collectible.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
            That is absolutely amazing, what a great story. Congratulations with this!
            Thank you!

Originally posted by Stormcrow View Post

Glad I could be of service, my search for the 36 does mean I do discover some unique items. So please you get this and I ma sure it wil be a centre piece once your get your amazing collection displayed.
            You're my hero

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post
            My word!!! That is phenomenal!! Quite the chap to know, Stormcrow

And I do love me some faux bronzing - if bronze itself is out of the question haha
            He is a true legend! I agree with you there lol

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post

O my....
            There are no words to describe this piece. And Congrats does not do you justice either.
            Thank you! I'm still in awe about it.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
            Well, I'll bet that wasn't the reply you were expecting. A very special piece indeed. #1 of all the pieces that Weta has produced and also given to Lee. Very very cool! Congrats to you.
            Thanks Ith! I have Sir Lee's other pieces too but this is extra special!

Originally posted by Gwindor View Post
            Very nice find! They mention this (faux) bronze Saruman that Christopher Lee was gifted in the "The Evolution of Gollum" companion DVD that was included in the Two Towers DVD Collectors Edition that included the Gollum collectible statue. Apparently Weta made one for themselves as well, probably in real bronze.

Found the video here Have a look at 16:08
            Oh completely forgot about that! Time for a rewatch - thanks for the link

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
            Oh Wow, just WOW TheWhiteHand . What an amazing find and purchase!! I can't imagine having the very first statue that Weta ever created, the beginning of a very slippery slow for so many including yourself. It is nice to know that something this like this has a 'home for life', with one of the most passionate collectors there is out there for the SSW and Weta Middle-earth collectibles line.
            This news was most definitely worth the wait for. Thanks for letting the members on this forum see the first ever Weta collectible ever made. Great photos of it.

Great memory/find Gwindor . Thanks for sharing this info with us.
            Thanks Min - who better to share it with than the lovely people on here!

Originally posted by Stig View Post
            Love the statue and the story that goes with it. Would love to see it in person one day. Such a intergral part of the SSW and Weta Collectibles history.
            You are welcome any time Stig!

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
            The Saruman owned by Saruman himself. Never dust it. This is mind blowing.
            I know right?!

Originally posted by Dr.Malcolm View Post
            That story was mindblowing. You have a great treasure there
            Thanks Dr Malcolm - it really is a treasure!

Comment

Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
              If i remember right my first statue was sauron and orc warrior
              after i was hooked and now upto about 90 statues on im still there
              over the years theres been some fantastic pieces and now tb is otw
              we wait for comic con to see whats tempting us this year
              I think they chose a great statue to start with.

Originally posted by Plat View Post
              The faux bronze Saruman looks cool,congrats.
              Thank you!

Originally posted by bill59 View Post
              What an amazing piece to add to your already fantastic collection Keith. Big congrats buddy.
              Thanks Bill - a great compliment coming from you!

Originally posted by DD View Post
              Amazing that you now own Christopher Lee's Saruman statue. I just rewatched the Gollum DVD to see it.

Litterally THE #1 Sideshow-Weta collectible.
              Thanks DD I'm still pinching myself.

Comment

Wow TheWhiteHand so this is what you were telling me to keep an eye on. Certainly an incredible piece, not just in general but of history.

Congratulations

Comment

I bought from joogle the Moria orc swordsman. Oh boy, what a statue! I have the archer coming soon. I plan to create a Moria display one day.

Comment

Added the SS Frodo PF to my collection today.

I have been wanting to add this 1/4 scale piece for a long time and finally found one for a great price.

Comment

That is amazing Ithildin ! So glad you are catching up on the ones that had to be 'left behind' at the time you were raising you family. Congrats.

Comment

Really good looking figure. Congrats????

Comment

Great find. He's a fantastic statue. A really underrated PF!

Comment

I found a repainted Frodo Sideshow Weta statue for 160 Euros,
                            is it worth it for this price, what do you think
                            Last edited by Plat; 7th June 2019, 07:34.

Comment

I would think that is a good average pending on the quality of the repaint, though personally I think it takes away from the charm of the original, old school piece for which I have a lot of poly lurve for

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
                                As promised...

So earlier in the year one of my good friends, Stormcrow .........

DSC_0002 by Keith Hamd, on Flickr

DSC_0003 by Keith Hamd, on Flickr

The Saruman statue being the first in the line is an awesome piece but this takes it too another level of Grail. Could this be classed as an 'Ark of the Covenant ', Ark for short, as it is a direct link to the Holy of Holies?

Well done indeed in acquiring this beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
                                  I would think that is a good average pending on the quality of the repaint, though personally I think it takes away from the charm of the original, old school piece for which I have a lot of poly lurve for
                                  O.k ,thank you
                                  I have to think about it

Comment

I found a repainted Frodo Sideshow Weta statue for 160 Euros,
                                    is it worth it for this price, what do you think
                                    If you love it get it! But if you only like it, I'd put that money towards something else that you do.

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

The Saruman statue being the first in the line is an awesome piece but this takes it too another level of Grail. Could this be classed as an 'Ark of the Covenant ', Ark for short, as it is a direct link to the Holy of Holies?

Well done indeed in acquiring this beauty
                                    I agree, I don't even know how to classify Weta poly #1. And it belonged to Mr. Lee himself!

Comment

I only like,i let it be.

Comment

Repaints are very hard to tell without seeing in person.

Sometimes they are great, sometimes. . not so great

Best of luck, I really like the Sideshow paint of the statue, at least.

/ Best regards, Fredrik

Comment

I only like,i let it be.

Comment

Working...
                                          X