Sideshow/Weta collectibles (and older Weta) details. Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sideshow/Weta collectibles (and older Weta) details. Help needed.

As some of you may remember we had a so-called "Weta Museum" here for a few months back in 2016. It was a weak beginning of a bigger idea.
    To tell you the truth I got a bit overwhelmed by it all after working on it a bit. As I didn't do any updates and didn't really work for it, having "The Museum" up in the state that it was back then was just a constant reminder for me of what I couldn't manage and was a source of bad conscience for me. So I took it offline.

It took me 2,5 year and another nose dive for me to start working on it and after a couple of months with almost daily work I can say that The Museum will once again see the light of day online sometime during 2019. A lot more categories and the biggest and most important one: the Sideshow/weta collection is now roughly done. Everything is linked and has their pictures and set up correctly. But I do miss a lot of details. We're talking about collectibles which were previewed 18 years ago. In internet years that is ancient. Websites who ones had a lot of these details are gone or have undergone massive changes where they have purged this old stuff (looking at you Sideshow).

So I am asking you for help. Mainly the dimensions and weight of the collectibles. Over the years I have sold a lot of my stuff, some which I didn't even remember having sold (Théoden!!!), but I have measured the ones I have left. If some of you could go through the list I link to below this and check if you could provide any of the missing details.
    If you know you ordered something as soon as they went up for pre-order and still have access to those e-mails, those dates would be incredible, but I assume that is a long shot.

PM me with whatever details you can find and I will update the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Right now it's only the SSW statues, medallions and environment, but I will add to the spreadsheet as soon as I got time. Which may be sparse until June 5th

Oh, I have started with a Google Excel document for the old Sideshow/Weta items similar to the one I made for the newer Weta items but I haven't finished it. I moved some of the info I had in my local Excel document over to Google docs a while ago but I have updated my local version since then and need to move some more info over and perhaps tidy it up.

I think I have about the same info as you, possibly a tad more. It was somethimes a pain to find info about some of the newer Weta items and to go back another 10 years is not easier, it's hard to find some information, especially when items were revealed/put up for (pre) order and when they shipped. I have managed to get some ino from the old Sideshow website but i'ts possible it's not entirely accurate and from the start I thought about not including it in my list but I can add in the info I have. I did however chose to not include scultor(s) since I felt it was a bit too much and uncertain info, even though I have an ancient Excel ducument I found on the web many moons ago that have a lot of that info.

I will have a look in the coming days and share what I have.

Comment

Edition size, original price and sculptors are some of the info I actually got for all of them. Except where the product was a group effort and Weta does not want to publish one main sculptor (like Ori)

I maybe have some of the dates myself if I can locate the outlook database on an old HDD I have stored somewhere. But I was nowhere near a completist and didn't buy everything as soon as it was put up for pre-order.
      Theguru1 had a list which we got and that's the list I've based much of my info on. The dates he had was mainly pre-order/announcement dates.

Your spreadsheet for the newer Weta releases has been a huge help, Gwindor

Comment

That's awesome work guys. Thank you so much for all the hard work.

Comment

I know you asked for a PM Stig, but I know how busy you are, and not sure how often you will update your Spreadsheet, so will add here in hopes that others don't take the time to measure what I have already done, which isn't much, I will sadly admit.

Arms of Aragorn: Measurements are correct. Weight is 1064 g.
          Arms of Gimli: Measurements are: 315 mm high, 186 mm wide, 111 deep. Weight is 1509 g.

Comment

Amazing! I've started such a list many times over the past few years, but never took the time to finish it (as you mention, finding this info after so many years is very time-consuming).

Comment

I just finished adding all the products from the SSW era in the spreadsheet along with the data I have for each product. I will deeply appreciate if any of you who owns these collectibles would take the time and make measurements of them. And if you have the original email from pre-ordering on day one, the dates for announcements and releases are highly sought after.

Comment

Hi Stig, I have a bit of info I saved from those days. For instance the Lady Galadriel bust preordered on Feb. 27, 2002 and was shipped fall of 2002 When I have a little bit of time I will try and go through and see what I have compared with what you are missing.
                Last edited by Ithildin; 11th July 2019, 15:04.

Comment

Thank you Ithildin. I have written a rather lengthy email to Sideshow about this too. But I doubt they are able/willing to help as it doesn't really bring in new coins, does it? If I am able to find my email archive of and old, discountinued email account on a equally old hdd I got stored somewhere, I will have a couple of dates myself. But not many. I know Pippin was one of the few statues I bought they day he got released.

Comment

Working...
                  X