The Treachery of Saruman Diorama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Treachery of Saruman Diorama

Hey, I just received this diorama and I find it amazing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	80C4BD69-0B58-429B-AD41-6B2A28CFBFB2.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	140547Click image for larger version

Name:	2362138E-3642-4B35-A7C0-BCFFF525A3F6.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	140548

Oh, congrats pocket! It's a terrific diorama and whenever I see it, it always takes me back to that moment in the film. Here is to hoping that Weta will start making more dio's in the future.

Comment

Such a massive and impressive piece. Love the detail on this piece

congrats . I love mine too

Comment

What I like the most about it is the amount of Orthanc in this dio. Saruman's likeness is impressive too. I wish we would see more throne pieces. Thranduil's throne is so amazing, in this scale we could have one almost complete.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
          What I like the most about it is the amount of Orthanc in this dio. Saruman's likeness is impressive too. I wish we would see more throne pieces. Thranduil's throne is so amazing, in this scale we could have one almost complete.
          Completely agree.... so much orthanc how can you not love this piece....and so shiny

A thranduil on Throne would be so awesome

Comment

Which scale is this? 1:10 ?

Comment

I've read somewhere 1:8 Stig

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                'The Treachery of Saruman' - Gandalf VS Saruman Polystone Diorama

Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles

Limited Edition: 750

Sideshow Collectibles and New Line Cinema are proud to present the third piece in the series of The Lord of the Rings Dioramas, The Treachery of Saruman Diorama. The diorama captures the wizards in the moments after Saruman has revealed his true intent and begins his attack on Gandalf. This immense diorama is sculpted in approximately 1:9 scale, with the tips of Saruman's throne reaching approximately 21 inches high. Each piece is cast in high quality polystone, hand-finished, and hand-painted to exacting standards. The Treachery of Saruman Diorama is sure to be the centerpiece of your Lord of the Rings collection!

Comment

I've read somewhere 1:8 Stig
                  Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

...This immense diorama is sculpted in approximately 1:9 scale, ...
                  Our top moderator being diplomatic as always and finding the middle ground

Comment

I measured Saruman and compensating the head a bit down and the slight flex of the knees I assume straight he would be 24.1cm. Christopher Lee was 196cm tall. So the scale is 1:196/24.1=1:8.132
                    Last edited by pocketreef; 13th March 2019, 14:39.

Comment

I measured Saruman and compensating the head a bit down and the slight flex of the knees I assume straight he would be 24.1cm. Christopher Lee was 196cm tall. So the scale is 1:196/24.1=1:8.132
                      Haha.. Love that precise measurement!

Comment

But was Saruman in the movies 196. They did trickeries with scales with most of the other characters.

Comment

Stig - I checked online references about the movie and all indicates they used the actors' height.

Click image for larger version

Name:	04e268226f64d59d2a342c9ea4407c11a6b15805_hq.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	141322

Comment

PJ is smol

Comment

PJ is smol
                              He is not small, he is just dwarf size. As in Lord of the Rings 'dwarf' size. Too tall to be a hobbit, although I know how much he enjoys bare feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X