Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

And for only $90!
    An environment on that scale today (it is smaller than the newer Orthanc) would be no less than $350, but quite possibly more. It's insane to think of a 400% price increase in only 15 years.

Comment

Ah, those were the days. Orthanc must have been sold out when I started collecting in 2003 as I paid £100 for it on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

An environment on that scale today (it is smaller than the newer Orthanc) would be no less than $350, but quite possibly more. It's insane to think of a 400% price increase in only 15 years.
        I went back and looked at what I was making in wages in 2003 and compared it to what I am making now. It came out to a 21% increase. No wonder I can't keep up with buying these collectibles today.

Comment

I went back and looked at what I was making in wages in 2003 and compared it to what I am making now. It came out to a 21% increase. No wonder I can't keep up with buying these collectibles today.
          No kidding. Same boat here, as I'm sure are all the rest of us. There's no way the wages of the factory workers in China that make these things got a 400% increase either. I get inflation hits hard across the board, including materials and fuel, but at some point, these constant price increases begin to feel more than a little cynical.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

No kidding. Same boat here, as I'm sure are all the rest of us. There's no way the wages of the factory workers in China that make these things got a 400% increase either. I get inflation hits hard across the board, including materials and fuel, but at some point, these constant price increases begin to feel more than a little cynical.
            Ya, something just doesn't add up. Maybe my company that I have worked for for the last 30 years has just bent me over the chair and everyone else that makes these things got huge pay raises over the years.

Comment

Ya, something just doesn't add up. Maybe my company that I have worked for for the last 30 years has just bent me over the chair and everyone else that makes these things got huge pay raises over the years.
              Only the guys on the top

Comment

Working...
              X