Sam and Bill the Pony

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sam and Bill the Pony

    Hi guys,

    I know some of you regard this piece as their grail and based on the pictures I've found it looks like a perfect representation of the both of them
    But I'm wondering if you think itt's worth €450.

    It's been in my basket for a while now but with all that's coming, I'm not sure if I can spring that kind of amount... So I guess I'm hoping many of you here will tell me not to go for it

    #2
    Sounds like a good deal to me

    Comment


      #3
      It outshines anything Weta have released in the last 5 years and probably for many more years

      No brainer

      Comment


        #4
        What did toytracker say?
        Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Blue Book of Eastmarch View Post
          It outshines anything Weta have released in the last 5 years and probably for many more years

          No brainer
          Ooooh I wouldn't go that far.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Radagaster View Post
            What did toytracker say?
            In one of the other topics people mentionned that toytracker isn't that up to date anymore, so I'm not quite sure if I should trust their intel

            If only Weta hadn't lured me in with TreeBeard and Arwen and the new Ringwraith... Things could be so much simpler

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

              Ooooh I wouldn't go that far.
              Neither would I. Great piece nonetheless and one I’ve been after myself for quite some time. Hope to add it to the collection someday but alas I’ve yet to find a deal that I could live with given it's rather high aftermarket value.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                Hi guys,

                I know some of you regard this piece as their grail and based on the pictures I've found it looks like a perfect representation of the both of them
                But I'm wondering if you think itt's worth €450.

                It's been in my basket for a while now but with all that's coming, I'm not sure if I can spring that kind of amount... So I guess I'm hoping many of you here will tell me not to go for it
                Great piece, get it Vicksken. It's a must have IMHO.

                Sam&Bill_Adjusted_1 by William Daly, on Flickr

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thanks guys. I just ordered it since one needs at least one decent Birthday present

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Congrats and happy birthday!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                      Congrats and happy birthday!
                      Thank you. Hopefully they arrive undamaged

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                        Thanks guys. I just ordered it since one needs at least one decent Birthday present
                        Good call Vicksken . You are going to love it .

                        Happy Birthday. Have a good one.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Personally it’s one on my all time favorite. Perfect piece and €450 is a pretty decent price for what it normally goes for so glad to see you went for it and Happy Birthday

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I'm sure you will love this piece Vicksken.

                            Happy Birthday.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by bill59 View Post

                              Good call Vicksken . You are going to love it .

                              Happy Birthday. Have a good one.
                              Originally posted by Eti View Post
                              Personally it’s one on my all time favorite. Perfect piece and €450 is a pretty decent price for what it normally goes for so glad to see you went for it and Happy Birthday
                              Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                              I'm sure you will love this piece Vicksken.

                              Happy Birthday.
                              Thank you all! I'm patiently (ahum) awaiting their arrival

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Happy belated birthday Vicky and it's a bargin for that wanted statue.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Thank you guys and girls and Hobbits for convincing me to get them! They arrived yesterday and even though they aren't any where near the spectaculairyness of the "modern" ones, I love it so very much. It really captures the kind, gentle and big hearted Sam that I love

                                  Even my mum who dropped by as I was unpacking them fell for them. I think they might even have dethroned ToE on her fav list

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Your mom has great taste tbh, congrats on the statue and may you enjoy it for a long time

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Sam and Bill are one of Wetas best and is still are today, even compared to the latest pieces that we have received in recent years. You are very fortunate to have them in your collection. Congrats!

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        me too

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X