Sauron tilting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauron tilting?

As I am working on my new display, of course the Sauron helmet fell to the ground again (fixed it again, was glue-able luckily). However, I do notice the statue is tilting to the back/left a bit and only stands on the foot in which the bolt is (this was always the case). Do any of you have this problem as well? Any tips on how to fix it? He does seem very sturdy though, just not in the place he should be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HFTC-CIGXTFCvkCn_7MwWJUFE4FQsoUEZ1e8n6yFJyg_LyjaRut91ftgUC3O0cIdhwYuO70Adp1PbLDmpolZ1YKWBRJIEVSRUSGpzoIxH1dgS3KXEnLnP7itlWI6RXwen1T1-nXqdtlBqyuAuP4ASVTg4u_eXBu1Mg2BtB42dyaKXRxclwRvIFlyjrQGv7MzvUZ8RTGbPNFkKdAaPTPmRCk2iGSTsw02hafiMuUp3SaFOQqFKCqldfFUCtaqnPX
Views:	1
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	126483

I certainly do not have that problem! That is very strange indeed!

Comment

IIRC that's a common issue with old SSW Sauron

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Book of Eastmarch View Post
        IIRC that's a common issue with old SSW Sauron
        How common is it? I've never heard of it. Mine is standing straight up like the day I put it on display years and years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

How common is it? I've never heard of it. Mine is standing straight up like the day I put it on display years and years ago
          I just remember reading a couple of threads like this back in the day

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=27820

Comment

Ahh, I haven't been that much on statueforum. It was the biggest statue to date when Sauron was released. Maybe the base and peg wasn't reinforced well enough?

Comment

Thanks for the replies, at least I am not the only one. As he stands quite sturdy I am not going to do something about it now.

Comment

I have the same problem. Maybe not as bad as you but my one's left door clearly floats

Comment

do you all think Weta will redo the Sauron as part of Masterclass collection?

I have thought of getting this piece again but not sure if its better to wait to see if Masterclass has something coming up.

Comment

Yep same problem here, noticed it a couple of months ago but not that bad to tell you the truth, he has a slight lean but slight.
                    Ohh my my Sauron in Masters Collection omg omg I wouldn't want to see the price tag on that piece

Comment

I was wondering if we were going to get a new Sauron but since the price tag will probably be out of my league I decided to hunt down the tilting one. Apart from the helm nightmare I love him and don't regret my decision one bit

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                        I was wondering if we were going to get a new Sauron but since the price tag will probably be out of my league I decided to hunt down the tilting one. Apart from the helm nightmare I love him and don't regret my decision one bit
                        That helm really is a nightmare. I think mine is now more made up of glue than of anything else...

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                          The SSW Sauron is fantastic, I can't imagine how it can be better.... Ok the Sideshow Premium Format version is amazing and HUGE but I personally love the look of the SSW version better. Now this might be because I only have the SSW one...but I must admit that I do wish I will own the Sideshow PF one someday
                          Now the Masters Collection Version if its ever done I am sure will be mind blowing but easy pass

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post

The SSW Sauron is fantastic, I can't imagine how it can be better.... Ok the Sideshow Premium Format version is amazing and HUGE but I personally love the look of the SSW version better. Now this might be because I only have the SSW one...but I must admit that I do wish I will own the Sideshow PF one someday
                            Now the Masters Collection Version if its ever done I am sure will be mind blowing but easy pass

You my friend, find it easy to pass up on any Lord of the Rings statue ...

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

You my friend, find it easy to pass up on any Lord of the Rings statue ...

I know I know I am a sucker for Middle Earth but with the MC price tags its just too much....hekk one piece is a family vacation

and that you know me so well you know what I would pick between a family vacation and a Statue

Comment

Never heard from problems like this,my Sauron is still like a 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X