value question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• value question

I have a LOTR sideshow weta bust of Gimli, and have had it signed by John Rhys Davies himself, with the following inscription

John Rhys Davies : Gimli Gloin son : Wrexham with date

couple of questions, firstly i dont know why he wrote it gloin son and not son of gloin? does this decrease in value? secondly is it worth me having it certificate of authencity? i do have photos of him signing the piece

Also i have the Galadhrim Archer and have had it signed by craig parker with the following inscription

we come to honour that allegiance, Haldir Craig Parker

again should i get this certificate of authencity? i also have photos of him signing the piece

if anyone has any idea of these items value signed, would be greatly appreciated for any help and especially for any of the additional information that can help.

lee

Personally i had a few things signed over the years and i dont think it makes that much difference to the price its all about what someones willing to pay
    i price archer currently at £150 to £200
    gimli about £45
    these are not really grails but the archer is a like able statue

Comment

You don't need a 'certificate of authenticity'. You have provenance in the form of photographic evidence and event paperwork (such as flyers, ticket stubs etc)
      As for value. As long as the piece is not personalised to say ' To (name). All the best.........' then it adds to value more than a plain piece. Personalised can go either way though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
        You don't need a 'certificate of authenticity'. You have provenance in the form of photographic evidence and event paperwork (such as flyers, ticket stubs etc)
        As for value. As long as the piece is not personalised to say ' To (name). All the best.........' then it adds to value more than a plain piece. Personalised can go either way though.
        Dave Mac, thank you for your reply

none of my pieces are personalised

thank you for your advise dave and starwars, greatly appreciate any feedback on this subject...

Comment

Certificates of Authenticity!!!! Toilet tissue is more valuable. And practical also.

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post

certificates of authenticity!!!! Toilet tissue is more valuable. And practical also.
            dna?

Comment

dna?
              What does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post

What does that mean?
                no one wanted to answer that question

DNA stands for deoxyribonucleic acid, sometimes called "the molecule of life," as almost all organisms have their genetic material codified as DNA. Since each person’s DNA is unique, "DNA typing" is a valuable tool in connecting suspects to crime scenes.

and no i didnt write that myself, it was a copy and paste

Comment

Originally posted by thrusterv1 View Post

no one wanted to answer that question

DNA stands for deoxyribonucleic acid, sometimes called "the molecule of life," as almost all organisms have their genetic material codified as DNA. Since each person’s DNA is unique, "DNA typing" is a valuable tool in connecting suspects to crime scenes.
                  Science, b**** !

Comment

My work here is done!

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

Science, b**** !
                      thats one way to explain

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X