This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clintwood View Post
    Yes, you already told me, but I really don't have the knack and patience for something like that

I still hope that I can get such an end result from somewhere without having to do it myself. It's not about the "work" itself, I just really don't have the nerve for something like that to sit there for 2 hours with a heat gun and let it look like this. After 10 minutes at the latest, the whole thing would fly through the air.....
    Have you looked in craft stores for 'wine bottle dripping' candles? You can also look for 'low temperature' dripping candles, these tend to be more expensive. Yes bees wax candles work very well too, they they are more expensive.

bishop what is the diameter of the candle base? I guess I should start looking for a candle as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Have you looked in craft stores for 'wine bottle dripping' candles? You can also look for 'low temperature' dripping candles, these tend to be more expensive. Yes bees wax candles work very well too, they they are more expensive.

bishop what is the diameter of the candle base? I guess I should start looking for a candle as well.

A 2 cm diameter candle is required.

Comment

Thanks bishop .

Comment

No, I haven't done it yet (I live in a really rural area, here are only a small limited number of shops like that).

But thanks for the tip with bees wax candles, I'll look for it.

I don't care about the price, a nice end result counts.

Originally posted by bishop View Post
          A 2 cm diameter candle is required.
          Thank you very helpful.

Comment

Bilbo's Candle Holder including two goodies arrived today ... many many thanks @bishop

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220310_211834.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	260827

Now a matching candle, then there are more pictures.

Comment

That looks amazing Clintwood !!

My is in Germany. Will be awhile before I can put any pictures up on the forum. But it is coming.

Comment

Bilbo's Candle Holder including two goodies arrived today ... many many thanks @bishop

I'm glad you arrived intact !!

A little Hungarian chocolate. Cheers.

Comment

That was fast, congratulations! I always thought it said Bilbo's Candle Holder, but apparently it is Bilbo's Candy Holder

Comment

CONGRATS!

Comment

bishop The chocolate bars tasted exquisite

Comment

bishop The chocolate bars tasted exquisite
                        Cheers!!!

Comment

Your chocolates' reputations seems to precede you bishop. Do you have a collection of them as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcorner View Post
                            Your chocolates' reputations seems to precede you bishop. Do you have a collection of them as well?
                            Of course it is.

Comment

Hello!

Have you ever found a candle?

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post

Hello!

Have you ever found a candle?

I found a candle factory not all too far from me. If I find time, I'll go there, I'm sure I'll get something suitable.

But to answer your question: no, I don't have a candle yet.

Comment

After my candle holder had an extended stay in Isengard, my hubby was finally able to pick it up at the local depot.
                                  As I am not at home, not sure when I will finally be able to go home, it remains safely in its box.
                                  I am one of the ones that always states "no picture, didn't happen" so although the picture is not all that exciting, nor is there really any proof left that it is what I claim it to be, here is the box waiting for me to arrive home, at which there will be 'more accurate proof' that this really is my candle holder.

I'm amazed it was never opened.

Thanks again bishop for the wonderful giveaway, most kind and generous of you.

Comment

Minuialwen

I'm glad you arrived!
                                    I hope he is safe and not injured.
                                    We will wait for the pictures.

Comment

After my candle holder had an extended stay in Isengard, my hubby was finally able to pick it up at the local depot.
                                      As I am not at home, not sure when I will finally be able to go home, it remains safely in its box.
                                      I am one of the ones that always states "no picture, didn't happen" so although the picture is not all that exciting, nor is there really any proof left that it is what I claim it to be, here is the box waiting for me to arrive home, at which there will be 'more accurate proof' that this really is my candle holder.

I'm amazed it was never opened.

Thanks again bishop for the wonderful giveaway, most kind and generous of you.
                                      Glad you got yours too... more or less

Comment

I was finally able to 'break open' that box and see the amazing candle holder that was inside, as well as the most delectable chocolates!!

Thank you once again bishop . Such a wonderful gesture.

I played around a bit with candles and dripping wax ...

Figured that the candle was still too high, so played so more ...
                                        Decreased the height of the candle, but I'm now wondering if maybe I dripped to much wax?

I rather like that one can see the center part of the candle holder, as seen in the middle picture. Thinking about trying the dripping of wax over again.

Comment

Working...
                                        X