The FoU Birthday Giveaway (winner announced)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang - just seen this now.

Been busy making movies. Long days helping make 10 films in 10 days

Good luck to all entries.

Comment

One my favourite characters is Grima.

Why? Because he's not strenghth and he's not a fighter in a world where these skills were very important...but he has his brain as a weapon and he's more intelligent than his opponents. With Saruman help, he put down a full kingdom!!! He had to lose because "good guys" have to win, but he still remains as one of my favourite characters in books and film.

Comment

Samwise Gamgee

To me, Sam’s humility is his most endearing quality:

Frodo: “Don’t worry Sam, Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one.”
        Sam: (devastated) “Does she?”

Even though he believes he’s an idiot, he still has the courage to repeatedly fight to save his friends, and all of the good in this world, against near insurmountable odds.

As for my special connection with Sam, well... not only am I a keen gardener, but I’ve proven myself to be a fully qualified idiot many times over

Comment

2. Aragorn

Though I sometimes prefer the Ralph Bakshi portrayal of Aragorn by John Hurt, as it felt closer to the books, I love the way Viggo played the character too, the inner turmoil he constantly struggled with made him a more relatable and sympathetic character.

Seeking neither fame nor power, being all too aware of its corrupting influence, he still chose to protect others from afar, largely without any credit. On the bright side though, he scored the most beautiful elf maiden in Middle Earth!

As for my connection with the character of Aragorn, well I've never engaged in cosplay, but I’ve been lucky enough to marry my own elf maiden, not far from the Lothlorien film location (she was actually wearing the Evenstar at our wedding, so maybe I can score some points from my wife's cosplay?! Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying )

Comment

3. Gandalf

Wisest of all Maiar, and guide to the free peoples of Middle Earth, bringing forth strength and qualities in others they weren’t even aware they possessed until they needed them.

Always quick with a knowing smile, words of wisdom, or clip round the ear, whatever is needed.

My special connection with Gandalf is the older I get, the crankier I get

Or should that be wiser?

There’s no fool like an old fool...

Comment

#4 and final entry.
              My last ( but definitely not least )least is the man behind the plans, Gandalf.
              He is all knowing, although there are a few minor things that
              stump him. He is powerful, mysterious, magical, and the list goes on and on.
              I was extremely pleased with Sir Ian Mckellans performance of the character. He really have Gandalf the depth and wonder he deserved.
              Me having fun with my collection.
              Attached Files

Comment

Participating in this giveaway and going through my old photos has been fun.
                Here's a few from my wedding if anyone was interested.
                I live my own fairy tale
                Attached Files

Comment

To expect a moderator to read the rules would be too much, wouldn't it?

Comment

Entry #7
                    Last but not least, Mufasa from The Lion King. I think this movie was my childhood obsession, and it predates all others. Mufasa in particular has been an important character for me, as I saw him as the unfailing, and unbreakable father/king figure because of his great wisdom and caring. But because of that greatness, his death hit me hard, just like it did anybody else I guess. I think I see his personality as the perfect father figure, ruler, commander, husband and also friend with a goofy side at times. I love his connection with his son and that's an ideal to strive towards even if he's an anthropomorphic animated lion.
                    IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Giveaway is now closed. I will now sum up all tickets and stuff. This could take days. At least a day. See you all tomorrow-ish. SST as always. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                        Giveaway is now closed. I will now sum up all tickets and stuff. This could take days. At least a day. See you all tomorrow. Good luck
                        Remember Stig

Comment

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Good luck everyone!

I reeeeeeeeeally want this though so I don’t wish you all too much luck

Comment

Good luck everyone

Comment

Good luck to everyone and thanks Stig for arranging this giveaway. It's always great to rethink which characters mean a lot to you and what you can take/learn from them.
                                IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                  To expect a moderator to read the rules would be too much, wouldn't it?

Rules? What rules?

Oh, those ones. Oops (note to self: read the rules first, not last!)

Sorry Stig it was 2am sorry I’ve barely been able to get to the forum for a week or two, but I hadn’t forgotten your giveaway!

Great fun reading all the interesting entries. Some great photos. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I’m excited

when will winner be revealed????

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post
                                        I’m excited

when will winner be revealed????
                                        is it coz its your birthday? Haha..

Happy Birthday Bro!

Comment