This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The “I’ve won so much let’s give something back” giveaway

You might have noticed that during Stig's Dark Christmas giveaway, my name came up a lot as the winner. And this wasn’t the first time I have won something on this forum. This made me think, I appear to be very lucky in the Flame of Udun giveaways, maybe it’s time to share my luck and give something back.

As such, I am giving away the book Anything you can imagine: Peter Jackson and the Making of Middle-earth.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	51B9oZK68TL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	165179
    I am still reading this book (don’t worry, the prize is a new one, not my own book) and enjoy it very much. I have been reading it for a couple of months already and the only reason I did not finish yet is… time. The book itself is very well written and describes a lot of stuff you probably don’t know yet about the making of our favorite movies, not even after watching all the Appendices of the Extended Editions.

So what should you do to win this? It’s really simple; describe something you have won and how you won it. Have you never won something? Describe why this should be your first time winning something! Just put your answers below for everyone to read. One lucky person will be chosen at random. As today is Tolkiens Birthday, it seems only fitting to start. Deadline is January 21st , 4pm CET, the last day of Afteryule*. Good luck everyone.

*Afteryule was the first month of the Shire calendar, thirty days immediately following the holiday of Yule (hence its name), and approximately corresponding to modern 23 December through 21 January. This month was called Frery in Bree and in the Eastfarthing

Awesome giveaway

well I have been lucky but not on FoU but back in the days of the old forum S&F
    won a Gandalf statue from the Hobbit line and one of the best was the RingWraith Maquette which I won during Sideshow Spooktacular ... that was unreal .....

Happt 2020 all

Comment

There are so many kind people over here that so put me to shame

I have been lucky to win the latest Hobbit Holes with competitions that were hosted by the kindest person ever, our dearest Min, and every time I look at them I know that Hobbits are real (in spirit at least).

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
        There are so many kind people over here that so put me to shame

I have been lucky to win the latest Hobbit Holes with competitions that were hosted by the kindest person ever, our dearest Min, and every time I look at them I know that Hobbits are real (in spirit at least).
        I remember you beating my luck on that one

Comment

I've been quite fortunate with a few wins on thîs very forum, but the best has to be winning the Weta Wind in the Willows book-ends! I always had my eye on them but to get them for free was brilliant!

Comment

What a nice thing to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
              What a nice thing to do!

Are also participating?

Comment

Hi. Great giveaway.

I won once on this forum, few years ago, i think 2014. Giveaway from a flamer Little Lion. The prize was a Thorin Oakenshield postcards from New Zealand. Full name "The return of the king under the mountain" by Shane Lu (Norloth). And i appreciate the gift very much.

Click image for larger version  Name:	return_of_the_king_under_the_mountain_by_norloth_d7uo7wg-fullview.jpg Views:	1 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	165841

https://www.deviantart.com/norloth/a...tain-474781696

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

Are also participating?
                  As I am quite terrible at reading books, I rather see this going to someone who will read it

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

As I am quite terrible at reading books, I rather see this going to someone who will read it
                    I get it

Comment

Awesome giveaway Celaglar . Very generous of you! I've heard that this is an excellent read, but like Stig, I don't read nearly enough and I already have a stack of books waiting to be read. I too will bow out of this giveaway.

Good luck to all that have entered.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                        Awesome giveaway Celaglar . Very generous of you! I've heard that this is an excellent read, but like Stig, I don't read nearly enough and I already have a stack of books waiting to be read. I too will bow out of this giveaway.

Good luck to all that have entered.
                        Thanks for the kind words. I am almost finished with this book myself and can honestly say it is very interesting. Many new things are discussed and it is even very current. Also frightening to learn how lucky we actually are that these movies exist in the way they are.

Comment

Less than 1 week to go! Tell your story now to participate

Comment

Working...
                          X