After the After Party [winner announced]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My surprise box has been received, thanks for this nice gesture Stig However, my girlfriend already "stole" part of the content.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JH23WsjTYgOfhtfl2tL6U_MKqBzXhFOP-5bYzQXwMPp96vekW-KtbGmCOCCmKoB-iMmQC1UwAJYUC11UnFuYz2YvjX2xAvlxWyCX0fHxKmcl_GB_HFhT_MQ4XkTeEpSSxpu6Fnjgm7p5wr0ge5EAV5LSUXuz2bxAsTocjsFsixf-sF3NhEagT-wRl5YjHJQiLXhjhAbBRWXtn5zO2BnvmNc5N0sFeEqjjShaxBTR1zOK0yO1ZfCI7uUhQfTUTXA
Views:	180
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	162365

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
      My surprise box has been received, thanks for this nice gesture Stig However, my girlfriend already "stole" part of the content.
      'Tis is the season for sharing is it not Celaglar? It was so kind of you to 'share' part of your winnings with your girlfriend.
      Or is this secret 'man code' for; be careful where you open your box, as you just never know what may be taken by those around you.
      Maybe once all the winners have received their prizes, you will be kind enough to show us what you received?

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

'Tis is the season for sharing is it not Celaglar? It was so kind of you to 'share' part of your winnings with your girlfriend.
        Or is this secret 'man code' for; be careful where you open your box, as you just never know what may be taken by those around you.
        Maybe once all the winners have received their prizes, you will be kind enough to show us what you received?
        It defintely is the season of sharing. If you know Stig, you might know he has a habbit of putting something in those boxes that happens to be loved by women in general. And yes, I know this can be read in a very different way of what I actually mean.

I will show the content once others have received their surprise box as well.

Comment

I do know Stig, but I thought that this would not be allowed being mailed to different countries ...

Such a lucky girlfriend you have Celaglar .

Looking forward to seeing what the other contents of the parcel is.

Comment

Haha, no hints please! Looking forward to receiving mine!

Comment

Some mail came my way this day...

Now I like to think I have some small skill with a craft knife and card, but my word!! Words can hardly convey my delight. I may unreservedly say, that not only was the packaging a pleasure, it was wondrous in its sheer ingenuity and cleverness. Packaging is actually far too crass a word for such a creation: I shall keep this marvellous box always.

Stig, you are unmatched in your artfulness, and in equal measure, your generosity. Your locking mechanism to the box was both serpentine and simplicity itself, your lifting strap inspired. I especially appreciated the intricate cutwork of the lock, though Saruman and the forum logo were by no means lightweights.

I thank you, most sincerely, for the considerable time and effort you so evidently went to in the construction and compilation of this prize. Know this: for me, the artifice of your work almost exceeds the princely contents you arrayed within. Thank you once again.

I'll keep but one photo back, for once everyone has received their likewise splendid parcels; the rest I lay before you as to the artistry of an admirable admin.

IMG_1627 by L. Todd, on Flickr

IMG_1628 by L. Todd, on Flickr

IMG_1634 by L. Todd, on Flickr

IMG_1640 by L. Todd, on Flickr

IMG_1645 by L. Todd, on Flickr

Comment

That is one awesome box! Congrats again.

Comment

Glad it arrived, and in one piece too. Was starting to get a bit worried as it took longer to ship within New Zealand than across the world.

I hope you found something you liked.

And as you so kindly posted pictures of the box, everyone can see I don't know how to cut out a question mark...

Comment

Incredible! I love it, wonderful work Stig!!!

Comment

My Golly! Stig you are truely a master! The effort you put in to that is staggering. If there was an emoji taking it's hat off I would use it 10 times over.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                        Glad it arrived, and in one piece too. Was starting to get a bit worried as it took longer to ship within New Zealand than across the world.

I hope you found something you liked.

And as you so kindly posted pictures of the box, everyone can see I don't know how to cut out a question mark...
                        I've noticed that too - the shortest section of a parcel's journey is moving between countries - the longest within the countries themselves.

Ah! Post tenebras lux! I finally understand what you meant re: the question marks haha. I don't know, I find the reversed mark rather swell - it certainly implies mystery, if only: why is it backwards? The plot thickens. It's all very wasgijian.

And I did indeed, thank you most kindly! The journal was a very nice surprise, and your calligraphic hand is excellent! Is that Daniel Reeve's signature to the title page? I also particularly like my new letter opener, and both the Swedish and the Norwegians were greatly received by all at this end - quite the Scandinavian entente.

I'm still marvelling at your box-work, to coin a phrase, 'you have some skill with a blade'.

Comment

Is it time for me to show the contents yet?

I have been fortunate enough to have received 3 of these boxes, one big and two small and Stig always amazes with his blade skills (or do you use a letter opener?). And questionable question marks are always good ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post
                            'you have some skill with a blade'.
                            My fingers (and knee) tells another story

Name:	blood.png
Views:	73
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	163453

Comment

Stig, I received my gift today and I wanted to thank you very much. It was unexpected and your generosity touched my heart.

Comment

Finally! I think that was the last one of the five
                                Glad it didn't get lost in the mail somewhere

Comment

This was the content of my surprise:

Name:	i2s7pJ-2bWa8vNAdJd72pv5eB8B6G0MfTcDwBT9puyC2Xvh9iqlHvcOj9NPIV585_EyQExnkCpZitbBF0TyncFlKOQYZ6KhF3UWjq3V5WQS1SmtpcnIpQoboo-_5Ji4bNWsgjjLXDYwe2OLpvJ2PHEmRiXGVvMnQfGojZqMUxdOAfFPU316iH1fcZTB8w8XPS2k-PaRSDiyqO5TK6lMRiJl6fcfJU7WfQTuEN3yDGQEOV61jaIZZo1w8nvTKOSa
Views:	95
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	164973
                                  The chocolate was immediately taken by my girlfriend Thanks again Stig!

Comment

Not immediately Celaglar , as she did let you set it up and take your for all the forum to see, before she absconded with the chocolate.

Great looking prize! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                                    X