Winner Announced-Red's EPIC 10 Years as a Flamer Giveaway!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winner Announced-Red's EPIC 10 Years as a Flamer Giveaway!

Did I say EPIC. Well it's not that Epic but it is, well EPIC.

Picture courtesy of Josh Elessar Thank you.

If my old grey matter remembers correctly I became a Flamer on the old Shadow & Flame forum(Miss you Charles ) in August '08. Those truly were the good old days and 10 years has gone so fast.

I had spent a couple of years on the Sideshow Freaks Forum and I think I first heard of the Flame when Felmar mentioned it in a post.

Thank you Felmar .

I believe I joined a little after Olórin , DD Moriaman. Whilst Stig , Dave Mac , FrodoEyes , oldduffer, Wetanut , Figurefreaks and Elessar (well sometimes ) to name a few were already on board. I'm sure I missed someone so .....anyway I'm blaming the old grey matter.

I have met and conversed on here with so many wonderful people from all over the world. And even when my enthusiasm for collecting has waned at times I have always felt welcomed in this little home of ours. Yes even when I became one of the Big Bad Mods now where did I leave that Hammer lying around.

Anyways enough of my babbling I hear you say.

So I would like to give back a little as it has been some time since I had a Giveaway.

I will be buying for 1 lucky person possibly 2 members(depending on how poor I am at the time, must save for Treebeard as well) an Epic Mini of your choice and posting it to your lovely country. Sorry but the big fella Mr Balrog is more than I have in my piggy bank at the moment....oink ...oink.

So an EPIC from ME or any other series, Alita, District 9 etc are all ok. I'm even happy to wait for you to see what new ME releases in the Minis there will be ie Boromir and Witchking arriving soon. Or even if you would like to choose something different on the Weta site in that same price range. I'm easy, just let me know. Enjoy!

I will keep the Giveaway open to the end of August as that feels quite fitting.

All you have to do is send me a PM naming the 7 statues in this pic from my collection below.

Preferably name the character and company-ies that produced it, but it's not totally necessary as you'll still be in. If you can name all 7(yes 1 is a tad harder than the rest) you will get 2 entries in the draw. 6 or less you will still get the 1 entry. I do realise that some of the older members may have an advantage with the "mystery" statue but hey maybe that is earnt for them sticking around and having to listen to me for so long.

I'll list all entrants names in this post with no. of chances next to your name once i have replied to your PM. So if i happen to miss you be sure to give me a slap.

Thanks Flamers, ME family.

Speak, friend, and enter!

Earl.Haig 2
    Olorin 2
    Eti 2
    Rena Gilthoniel 2
    Celaglar 2

ancalagon 1
    shanesunburn 1
    MTT 1
    Exploding Horizons 2
    Earl 2
    Vicksken 1
    Dipling 1
    Ramsay Bolton 2
    Radagast 1

Answers

1) The Morgul Lord-Sideshow Weta 1/6th

2) Ringwraith on/and Steed-Sideshow Weta 1/6th

3) Lurtz-Sideshow Premium Format

4) Aragorn-Sideshow Premium Format

5) Legolas-Sideshow Premium Format

6) Gandalf the Grey-Sideshow Premium Format

7) District 9 Exosuit-Weta

Last edited by Red; 3rd October 2018, 18:30.
    The Red Room
    https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Red First I’m honored that you wanted to use my picture. So thank you that. You’re a good egg and I’m pleased to digitally know you and have had plenty of good conversations with you. Thank you for all the kind words over the years on the various reviews, pics, and Comic-Con coverage. This is an awesome giveaway and I wish the best to all those that enter

Comment

Congrats for being a Flamie/Flamer for 10 years. I know the last 5 have been the hardest, sorry bout that Mate.

As far as the hammer goes, you lent it to me. You are right, gray matter is not what it used to be, I mean for getting Wetanut, for shame!. . Hey Stig, is forgetting someone as important as one of the original 9 Flamers important enough for me to finally get to use the ban hammer on?
      Told you the past 5 years have been the hardest
      Looking forward to the next 10 years of conversing with you on the forum Red. and the 40 years after that.

This is an amazing ... opps sorry ... This is an EPIC giveaway!! Just like the Flamer hosting it.

Best of luck to all that enter into the giveaway.

Glad to see that you have NOT forgotten that it comes in pints

Red you had the 'right' and ability to sticky this thread, as you are way to humble to do so, I did it for you.

Comment

What ho Red!

I haven't yet been in the vicinage a year, very much new money in the Flame of Udûn world, but I'll add my voice to the mix if I may. As a student of history, given the richness of your post I feel there really ought to be a dedicated thread to the history of the Shadow and Flame and Flame of Udûn forums, filled with individual members remembrances and anecdotes of 'Well back in my day...' causing many a various wise and learnèd codger to go misty-eyed, while the rest of us young pups are transfixed with awe at our ancestors tales of derring-do.

Sidetracked there, sorry! A smashing and very nasty giveaway you've conceived; my compliments therefore!

Comment

Being rather new here, I just cannot imagine this wonderfull nook of the internets without you.
          And the fact that you are doing this epic competition prooves just how wonderful you are!

I hope we can enjoy another 10 wonderfull years here and that soon you can be slaving away behind your screen in the presence of a mighty Ent

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post
            What ho Red!

I haven't yet been in the vicinage a year, very much new money in the Flame of Udûn world, but I'll add my voice to the mix if I may. As a student of history, given the richness of your post I feel there really ought to be a dedicated thread to the history of the Shadow and Flame and Flame of Udûn forums, filled with individual members remembrances and anecdotes of 'Well back in my day...' causing many a various wise and learnèd codger to go misty-eyed, while the rest of us young pups are transfixed with awe at our ancestors tales of derring-do.

Sidetracked there, sorry! A smashing and very nasty giveaway you've conceived; my compliments therefore!
            Tsk, tsk Earl.Haig, you say that you are a student of history, yet you have not yet read all the threads in the Flame of Udun. Being here for just under 9 months is no excuse. I was on the Shadow and Flame forum for less than that and by then I had read every post in every area. It was truly an amazing read. I found I got to know the 'regular' members very well by having done so.

You may wish to start at this thread
            https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/ge...adow-and-flame
            Enjoy the read.

Comment

A very kind offer there good to see there are some selfless people left in the world
              10 years is a good time to have been on eney website so big pat on the back
              i still remember my first lotr collectable which was a games workshop minature at the age of 8 36 years ago
              seems a life time now

well lets hope we still here in another 10 with lots more to display and remember

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Tsk, tsk Earl.Haig, you say that you are a student of history, yet you have not yet read all the threads in the Flame of Udun. Being here for just under 9 months is no excuse. I was on the Shadow and Flame forum for less than that and by then I had read every post in every area. It was truly an amazing read. I found I got to know the 'regular' members very well by having done so.

Enjoy the read.
                I am most remiss, my apologies! I have so far made my way through all of the Weta Workshop and Sideshow-Weta Collecting pages, the Art section, and the Display section, but I had not yet got to page 15 of 17 in the General section. Consider me thoroughly chastened.

And thank you for the link! I shall be assiduously studying the pages that have been all but consigned to the oubliette in the near future.

Comment

Ooohh, I think I'll give this a shot! I'm fairly sure about all seven collectibles

Comment

Originally posted by Olórin View Post
                    Ooohh, I think I'll give this a shot! I'm fairly sure about all seven collectibles
                    You are? The seventh one is doing my head in. I know have seen it before... But I just cannot name it

Comment

Congrats for 10 years. Great giveaway. The 7th is a great mistery. :-)

Comment

Congrats on the 10 years mate! Made me start thinking about what I was doing with myself 10 years ago...

And great comp by the way! I love the Mini Epics- you have picked a fantastic prize!
                        once again congrats on the big 10 years!
                        "I aim to misbehave," - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Congrats on 10 years... that’s so cool! I’m never going to be able to guess that seventh statue, but I will PM you with the other six
                          The Hobbit Soundtracks - An online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                            Red First I’m honored that you wanted to use my picture. So thank you that. You’re a good egg and I’m pleased to digitally know you and have had plenty of good conversations with you. Thank you for all the kind words over the years on the various reviews, pics, and Comic-Con coverage. This is an awesome giveaway and I wish the best to all those that enter
                            The pleasure is all mine Josh.

You're not entering?

And a good egg thanks i'll take that, I think.

Congrats for being a Flamie/Flamer for 10 years. I know the last 5 have been the hardest, sorry bout that Mate.

As far as the hammer goes, you lent it to me. You are right, gray matter is not what it used to be, I mean for getting Wetanut, for shame!. . Hey Stig, is forgetting someone as important as one of the original 9 Flamers important enough for me to finally get to use the ban hammer on?
                            Told you the past 5 years have been the hardest
                            Looking forward to the next 10 years of conversing with you on the forum Red. and the 40 years after that.

This is an amazing ... opps sorry ... This is an EPIC giveaway!! Just like the Flamer hosting it.

Best of luck to all that enter into the giveaway.

Glad to see that you have NOT forgotten that it comes in pints

Red you had the 'right' and ability to sticky this thread, as you are way to humble to do so, I did it for you.
                            Thanks so much Min. I have added Wetanut and also Figurefreaks and didn't add them at the time because I rarely see them now but I guess they are still around.

Yes the last 5 years has been excruciatingly hard but just can't put my finger on why, but I'm sure it will come to me one day.

Are you also entering, please do.

Thanks for the sticky and for the kind words.

What ho Red!

Well that reads like poetry and totally agree, thanks Earl.

We did have a history thread of sorts back on the old Flame and I see you have done quite some reading.

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post

Being rather new here, I just cannot imagine this wonderfull nook of the internets without you.
                            And the fact that you are doing this epic competition prooves just how wonderful you are!

I hope we can enjoy another 10 wonderfull years here and that soon you can be slaving away behind your screen in the presence of a mighty Ent

Another too kind, thoughtful soul.

Thank you Vick.

Enjoy the read.
                            I'm glad someone pays attention around here, makes up for my casual "she'll be right' approach.

Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
                            A very kind offer there good to see there are some selfless people left in the world
                            10 years is a good time to have been on eney website so big pat on the back
                            i still remember my first lotr collectable which was a games workshop minature at the age of 8 36 years ago
                            seems a life time now

well lets hope we still here in another 10 with lots more to display and remember
                            Wow you guys really are starting to embarrass me now. Thanks so much Star Wars vs lotr.

Memories hey........................

I am most remiss, my apologies! I have so far made my way through all of the Weta Workshop and Sideshow-Weta Collecting pages, the Art section, and the Display section, but I had not yet got to page 15 of 17 in the General section. Consider me thoroughly chastened.

And thank you for the link! I shall be assiduously studying the pages that have been all but consigned to the oubliette in the near future.
                            She's a tough one that Min. That's why I usually hide the ban hammer from her, no telling what she'll get up to.

Enjoy the read.

Originally posted by Olórin View Post
                            Well you are one of the old crew, not as old as me in terms of, well old age, but you have been on here just a tad longer than oneself.

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post

You are? The seventh one is doing my head in. I know have seen it before... But I just cannot name it
                            Youngster I say..

Originally posted by Dipling View Post
                            Congrats for 10 years. Great giveaway. The 7th is a great mistery. :-)
                            It is, but if you delve into some investigating I'm sure you'll discover it extremely soon.

Originally posted by Warofoz View Post
                            Congrats on the 10 years mate! Made me start thinking about what I was doing with myself 10 years ago...

And great comp by the way! I love the Mini Epics- you have picked a fantastic prize!
                            once again congrats on the big 10 years!
                            Thanks War. It's strange as in some ways 10 years feels like a lifetime ago but in others just like yesterday. Either way life is too short so we all just need to damn well Enjoy it I say.

Originally posted by Earl View Post
                            Congrats on 10 years... that’s so cool! I’m never going to be able to guess that seventh statue, but I will PM you with the other six
                            Thanks and I'm sure you can work it out. If not you only have to be in it to win it as they say.

Thanks and good luck to all those who enter.
                            Last edited by Red; 11th August 2018, 19:45.
                            The Red Room

Comment

Red

I hadn’t decided. I probably will but I always am hesitant because I have so many items I like to see folks who don’t win and expand their collections.

Please do. Absolutely a compliment to ya.

Comment

Congratulations and what an epic way of celebrating, I did my best to answer the question and sent you a PM.

Comment

Congrats for the past decade Red

I am coasting on my 9th year since I joined up the S+F forums...and I still have no idea what that 7th one may be
                                  Creator of the Weta tidbit of the day thread and The other Weta newsletter

Comment

thank you Matt for such beautiful giveaway - good luck to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                                      Red

I hadn’t decided. I probably will but I always am hesitant because I have so many items I like to see folks who don’t win and expand their collections.

Please do. Absolutely a compliment to ya.
                                      Thanks. You sound like me as I rarely enter giveaways so others can win. Can't recall the last time I did to be honest.

Either way, whatever you feel comfortable with as it's all good.

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                                      Congratulations and what an epic way of celebrating, I did my best to answer the question and sent you a PM.
                                      Thank you and best of luck.

Originally posted by Exploding Horizons View Post
                                      Congrats for the past decade Red

I am coasting on my 9th year since I joined up the S+F forums...and I still have no idea what that 7th one may be
                                      Thanks Exploding Horizons and congrats on the 9, the big 10 shortly.

The 7th has been mentioned on more than one occasion in a certain thread that has been enjoyed and admired for quite a few years now. You may have heard of it.

Originally posted by Rena Gilthoniel View Post
                                      thank you Matt for such beautiful giveaway - good luck to everyone
                                      Thank you Rena and good luck.
                                      The Red Room

Comment

Red I don’t either. I guess just by participating in the flameies would be it. I do that to give some love to you all who I voted for.

Comment

Working...
                                        X