‘Lord of the Rings’: Amazon Prime series (note pg. 65)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look like Ex elven soldiers (judging by their helmets)

Comment

Here's a first look at some of the orcs, plus an interview with one of the executive producers and the head of the production department:

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-lor...orcs-exclusive

Comment

Originally posted by Mirrorinthemirror View Post
        They look like Ex elven soldiers (judging by their helmets)
        Good theory. Maybe they were captured by Morgoth during a flash back sequence from the F. A. And got corrupted. Either way the design looks incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Levidas View Post
          Here's a first look at some of the orcs, plus an interview with one of the executive producers and the head of the production department:

Very interested in that battle between the elf and Orc. And most of all interested about female Orcs. We know they exist but have never been put to screen. So excited.
          Last edited by Greyhame; 22 June 2022, 13:45.

Comment

They look like Weta orcs

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
              They look like Weta orcs
              And luckily like LOTR and not The Hobbit!

Comment

Originally posted by Greyhame View Post

And luckily like LOTR and not The Hobbit!
                Yes, because if they were the latter, they would be CGI orc's.

Comment

Originally posted by Levidas View Post

They look very good, but my guess is that orcs were just as plentiful shortly before the sack of Eregion and the last alliance, as they were by the war of the ring.
                  My guess is also that those two events will feature in the RoP.

/ Best regards, Fredrik

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	26E33797-9D59-4C0C-A2A7-B31D27A28FB2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	273465 Female Orcs!
                    well the trigger happy fokes who don’t know the story will be surprised to find that there are indeed female orcs

Comment

Originally posted by Bslayer8 View Post
                      Female Orcs!
                      well the trigger happy fokes who don’t know the story will be surprised to find that there are indeed female orcs
                      Wait, they just don't spring out of holes in the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Yes, because if they were the latter, they would be CGI orc's.
                        Exactly! There’s like 2 orcs total that wore prosthetic. Such a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyhame View Post

Exactly! There’s like 2 orcs total that wore prosthetic. Such a disappointment.
                          I think we can see where Weta has had a hand in this series.

Comment

Originally posted by Bslayer8 View Post
                            Wow! those shots look amazing!!!!!

On another note, I never really understood the common criticism that has been trending on social m even more with these shots that "LOTR ROP is a Money Grab"
                            A significant amount, I would think 80% of them have a Prime Subscription via direct or even shared (I know a ton who do this)

It will cost ZERO dollars to watch, love, or hate this show, while still buying Tolkien merch at -20% on a 2-day delivery.
                            Those are incredible shots indeed and they make me wanting to watch the series. But with that Prime Subscription you could be wrong. We also have that but I had to find out, that even with our Prime Subscription we were not able to watch every movie or series free of charge. So just thinking about that hilareous amount of money Amazon had to spend to produce that show, it could be possible that even folks with a Prime Subscription have to pay to watch that show. After all they have to get that money they've been spending back somehow.

Comment

Working...
                            X