Rate the last movie you watched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-men: Dark Phoenix

Fox's X-men movies have had their up and downs. Often I have felt that they have been either really good or pretty bad. This one left me feeling a bit indifferent. So much of it was done well, but I felt it was a bit lacking in the writing and directing. The fight scenes didn't engage me until we got to the train scenes near the end of the movie. I know they are rewriting the history of how it was in X-men 1-3, but they could have aged up the characters we see in both series to better match the 'originals'. Especially Xavier and Erik.

I guess this is the end of the X-men saga as we know it. And I wished it went out with a roaring success instead of a 'meh'

6/10

Comment

I decided to rent Immortal Engines since it was only $3. It was ok but not very good, I'd give it a 6/10. It's a bit too ridiculous the way they did the moving cities. I'm glad I didn't buy it since I'd definitely never re-watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post
        I decided to rent Immortal Engines since it was only $3. It was ok but not very good, I'd give it a 6/10. It's a bit too ridiculous the way they did the moving cities. I'm glad I didn't buy it since I'd definitely never re-watch it again.
        I bought it as a birthday present for myself, but has yet to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

I bought it as a birthday present for myself, but has yet to see it.
          Maybe you’ll end up liking it. I’ve never read the books and had only saw the trailers going in to see it. Theres just too many things I felt didn’t make much sense with it to me. It has nice visuals but I think they should have picked another book to make into a movie. They went too over the top steam punk on the moving cities to make it at least semi believable. You’ll have to say how you like it after you get a chance to watch it.

Comment

Godzila king of monsters 7,5/10
            Avengers endgame 6/10
            Last edited by watcher; 17th June 2019, 12:38.
            "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Working...
            X