Rate the last movie you watched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a huge admirer and fan of forty years of Steven Spielbergs excellent work it pains me severely to say that last night I attempted to watch READY PLAYER ONE on HBO and found it unwatchable. It was just a complete waste of time and I gave up after about an hour. I can see why it failed at the box office. 3 out of 10.

At the movies I recently saw THE GREEN BOOK and felt it is clearly the best film of the year. 9 out of 10.

Comment

Just saw Bohemian Rhapsody.. I'd give it a 8/10. Excellent movie that does a great job at capturing Freddie Mercury's life and how great a singer he was.

Comment

Saw A STAR IS BORN yesterday - 7 out of 10. Probably better than the one from the 70's although I have not seen it since it first came out. Cooper did a very good job as a first time director. Gaga was also good and it will be interesting to see what she can do with an acting role when she is not playing herself.

Comment

Trying to get into the Christmas Spirit, so tonight I watched "The Christmas Chronicles". I must admit, it definitely did help. '
          Cute' story, very very different types of Santa elves, loved the way they did Santa's 'home' at the north pole, and the sack of presents. Many may think it is 'rather corny' but that is fine by me. 9/10

Looking forward to watching what looks to be a very different type of Christmas Special episode, which is to come on today, December 14, that is of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

Very interested in hearing what Christmas Movies/Specials you all are watching either with children or adult friends or just by yourself.

Comment

Watched Halloween loved watching it as it has the same feeling like the old ones...takes you back 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post

Watched Halloween loved watching it as it has the same feeling like the old ones...takes you back 8/10
              I enjoyed this film as well for the same reasons. Hard to score it high though as there are some silly moments, but still a worthy follow up to the original

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                Very interested in hearing what Christmas Movies/Specials you all are watching either with children or adult friends or just by yourself.
                My family's traditional Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation. I can't think of a more perfect Christmas movie!

On another note, I just saw Mortal Engines with my daughter and both of us really loved it. The story was not overcomplicated but OK for a 2 hour movie. They probably left a few things out from the book (which I have not read). I could have taken more, but movies are made for simpler minds these days, it seems. The fully realized world it shows, was what made it stand out from most other movies of recent years. This is a movie I could watch over and over again. It's beautiful and grand. And I liked all of the characters, good and bad - especially Stephen Lang's "zombie-terminator from hell", he seems to be an audience favourite!
                I didn't get the Peter Jackson cameo or anyone from WETA, but Shane Rangi was hard to miss.
                It was really sad to see the movie play to only about 20 people on the biggest IMAX screen of the local multiplex on Friday night. This movie is probably a bit hard to sell. Not even I was sold by the trailers. But it's easily a 9 /10 movie for me.
                Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

Mowgli - This is a better telling of Rudyard Kiplings 'Jungle Book' tale than the recent Disney live action film.
                  Some ropey CGI but still enjoyed it as it has so much of LOTR in it you can't miss it. Andy Serkis directs and he certainly brought a few friends along including Smaug and Galadriel! Scary for little kids I would imagine as Sheer-Khan is very threatening

7/10

Comment

The House that Jack Built - Deeply disturbing psychopath film with Matt Dillon playing a convincing serial killer. A bit too deep for me in the refencing of the killers thoughts to 'Art' and the ongoing psycho analysis.
                    8/10

Comment

The latest movie I watched was Venom the other day. It was ok but nothing all that super great. I really don’t think they picked the right actor for the lead role. I’d give it a 6/10, it also would have been better if they made the fight scenes not so fast since it’s hard to keep track of the action how they filmed it. It’s worth a rental but I would only purchase it if it goes on sale.

Comment

Saw Mortal Engines. I loved it. I was surprised since the reviews were terrible and it's DOA at the box office. Really sad to see a solid film like this bomb. It feels like another in a long string of underrated original sci-fi movies that take a beating from the critics/public (i.e. John Carter, Jupiter Ascending, Valerian) Of that aforementioned lot, this movie seemed the most fully realized. Thankfully it has a satisfying ending so I can rewatch it in the future without hoping for sequels that'll certainly never come now.

Comment

Last night we watched THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS and enjoyed it immensely. I would give it an 8 out of 10. It is the story of how Charles Dickens came to write the classic CHRISTMAS CAROL while his life was falling apart in 1843. Really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dcole4 View Post
                            Saw Mortal Engines. I loved it. I was surprised since the reviews were terrible and it's DOA at the box office. Really sad to see a solid film like this bomb. It feels like another in a long string of underrated original sci-fi movies that take a beating from the critics/public (i.e. John Carter, Jupiter Ascending, Valerian) Of that aforementioned lot, this movie seemed the most fully realized. Thankfully it has a satisfying ending so I can rewatch it in the future without hoping for sequels that'll certainly never come now.
                            I really wanted to give this one a shot and show my support over the weekend. Unfortunately family responsibilities got in the way.

Comment

Mission impossible 6 fallout 7,5/10
                              "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                                Trying to get into the Christmas Spirit, so tonight I watched "The Christmas Chronicles". I must admit, it definitely did help. '
                                Cute' story, very very different types of Santa elves, loved the way they did Santa's 'home' at the north pole, and the sack of presents. Many may think it is 'rather corny' but that is fine by me. 9/10

Looking forward to watching what looks to be a very different type of Christmas Special episode, which is to come on today, December 14, that is of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

I really liked "The Christmas Chronicles" too. Cute movie with good, young actors.

The Sabrina Christmas Special was good. Other holiday specials I watch is Doctor Who, which for the first time since 2005 does not have a Christmas Special this year, but a new year special.

Originally posted by Dcole4 View Post
                                I am a bit hesitant to watch Mortal Engines as the trailer I've seen didn't impress me at all. I hope you listed those movies as original as not a part of a franchise - not that they were very good. Because they weren't. I think I enjoyed Valerian the most out of those three.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

The Sabrina Christmas Special was good. Other holiday specials I watch is Doctor Who, which for the first time since 2005 does not have a Christmas Special this year, but a new year special.

I am a bit hesitant to watch Mortal Engines as the trailer I've seen didn't impress me at all. I hope you listed those movies as original as not a part of a franchise - not that they were very good. Because they weren't. I think I enjoyed Valerian the most out of those three.
                                  I liked the Sabrina Christmas special as well, seemed darker than the normal season.

I'm going to Mortal Engines next week, don't know what to expect.

Comment

I think this is one of those things that either you can buy into the concept or you can't. The idea of big cities moving around like that is simply ridiculous to my mind. Its just absurd.

I can accept a forty foot ape running amok in a big city and wreaking destruction. A five hundred foot centipede - not so much.

Comment

I am a bit hesitant to watch Mortal Engines as the trailer I've seen didn't impress me at all.
                                      That's because the trailer was really awful. It made the movie look like the next YA sh*tfest, which it isn't.

I don't know if it was accidential, but there are some moments in this movie which are very reminiscent of classic STAR WARS. Maybe that's why I like it .

Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

The Meg 6/10
                                        "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - I missed this at the cinema so I gave it a go today, I thought it was a brilliant film, great all round, acting,characters etc.

9/10

Comment

Working...
                                          X