Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 7/10

Comment

Just saw Tag. There aren't many movies that can claim that the soundtrack is better than the actual movie. But with The Pharcyde's Runnin' playing over the intro I was stoked for the rest of the movie. Unfortunately that song was the highlight of the movie, along with a few other hiphop classics (by Ice-T and a Tribe Called Quest). I actually fell asleep halfway through the movie. The characters are flat, there is very little to no chemistry and the jokes aren't funny. Those that were moderately funny are all in the trailer. There was one more highlight though: during the end credits, they played Runnin' again!

3/10

The only reason this isn't a 1 is the soundtrack (and my love for ninetees hiphop). If you don't like ninetees hiphop, give this movie a wide berth.

Comment

I saw Ant-man and The Wasp. Good fun, if you are into MCU movies and like the first one. You should have seen the first one (2015) as there's a lot of references to that one in the new movie. Not really a need to see the other 18 MCU movies if you haven't already. Evangeline Lilly, Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas are doing a great job and balances the serious and tender moment with humor. I feel the humor in this one is balanced better than most of the recent MCUs, There were a couple of scenes which were serious, but could had been played for laugh - and they went through with them and kept the joke at the end.

8/10

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
        Beautiful shot (cg) movie. Glad to see both Pratt and Howard back as main characters, and a guest appearance by Jeff Goldblum as Doctor Malcolm from the original trilogy. The whole thing is over the top and still manages to be quite predictable. If it hadn't been for my love for dinos, the rating would probably had been a couple of points down. Good thing about the movie is that they have shaken up the JP universe quite a bit with this one and it will be interesting to see where they go with the third installment.

6/10

Comment

Watched Jurassic world fallen kingdom a week ago. I’ll give it an 8/10 only because I love JP and am a sucker for Dino stuff. But objectively it’s more like a 7/10. While the opening is epic, the rest of the movie feels more like an episode of a TV show particularly in this day an age of big budget tv shows like game of thrones.

Watching Ant man 2 tonight. Never really got into it but we will see.

Also saw the Avengers Infinity War movie a couple weeks back. It’s been out for a while but never got the chance to watch it and found a cinema still showing it. What a movie!!!!! Brain explosion. Enough said.
          Last edited by Aragorn; 6th July 2018, 14:35.
          Test

Comment

Furious (a.k.a. Legenda o Kolovrate / Die letzten Krieger)

9/10

Beautiful medieval Russian (fantasy) war movie set in 13th century Russia. Returning home from an unsuccessful attempt to negotiate with the invading Mongol horde, a group of soldiers finds their home-town wiped from the face of the earth and their loved ones slaughtered. They set out to avenge their families and slow down the enemies' advances to give the last few survivors a chance to escape.
            It's a typical Russian movie, the heroes are honourable, indomitable, and resourceful, the Mongols are cool, too, and well, you know what happens to the heroes at the end of a typical Russian movie.. It's a joy to watch!

Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

Isle of Dogs - 9/ 10

Beautiful animation film set in Japan. Simple yet clever little story of a boy setting out to save his best friend, his dog.

Comment

Ant-Man and the Wasp: it was an okay movie, when compared to other Marvel flicks. It's nowhere near the rollercoaster we saw in Infinity War. But then again, judging from the first movie and Ant-Man's appearance in Civil War, I wasn't really expecting a rollercoaster. What I did expect, is what I got: Paul Rudd in a comic role, struggling between doing what's right for his family and doing what's right for the world. Action and laughs are well distributed throughout the movie.

8/10

P.S.: if you want to find out how Ant-Man and The Wasp tie in to Infinity War, you'll have to wait for the first end credit scene. There is a second end credit scene at the very end, but there's no need to wait around for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Olórin View Post

P.S.: if you want to find out how Ant-Man and The Wasp tie in to Infinity War, you'll have to wait for the first end credit scene. There is a second end credit scene at the very end, but there's no need to wait around for that one.
                  Maybe it's not NEEDED, but if you've been in the theater for 2h, what's another minute?

Comment

Originally posted by Olórin View Post
                    Ant-Man and the Wasp: it was an okay movie, when compared to other Marvel flicks. It's nowhere near the rollercoaster we saw in Infinity War. But then again, judging from the first movie and Ant-Man's appearance in Civil War, I wasn't really expecting a rollercoaster. What I did expect, is what I got: Paul Rudd in a comic role, struggling between doing what's right for his family and doing what's right for the world. Action and laughs are well distributed throughout the movie.

8/10

Originally posted by Stig View Post

Maybe it's not NEEDED, but if you've been in the theater for 2h, what's another minute?
                    Having seen it on Wednesday I agree with Olórin apart from not having to wait till the very end cause like Stig said, what's another minute?

Comment

I've seen Tag, Jurassic World, Incredibles 2, Sicario 2, Ocean's 8, Ant-man and the Wasp, and Equalizer 2 (just last night). One thing I've trained myself with these movies is that I don't set my expectation too high. Case in point, I even saw Uncle Drew.

Once I've set the appropriate expectation level, none of these disappoint. What I look for is if any of them rise above the expectation. I'd say Incredibles 2 rose above that, JW2 disappointed, and everything else was just even for my taste.

When you have Moviepass, movies just become another thing to enjoy!
                      Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

[this post was given to you by MoviePass]

Comment

Ghost Stories 8/10

British horror film featuring our own Mr Baggins, Martin Freeman. No gore, nothing flashy just a creepy tale to keep you guesing

Comment

Saw Incredibles 2 with the family. Good entertainment, a solid Pixar release to a similar standard as the first. 8/10.
                            The Red Room
                            https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Netflix Bright... 3/5.
                              Test

Comment

Mission Impossible: Fallout and Id give it a solid 8/10. A frentically paced action film with some insane stunts. Definitely worth seeing at the cinema.
                                "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Warofoz View Post
                                  Mission Impossible: Fallout and Id give it a solid 8/10. A frentically paced action film with some insane stunts. Definitely worth seeing at the cinema.
                                  Heard overall very good reviews about this movie

July has just passed by in a flash. I haven't seen any movies in the theater since Ant-Man July 4th. Next movie I know I will see is The Incredibles which opens August 24th

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

Heard overall very good reviews about this movie

July has just passed by in a flash. I haven't seen any movies in the theater since Ant-Man July 4th. Next movie I know I will see is The Incredibles which opens August 24th
                                    The stunts are pretty crazy! I enjoyed Ant man but havent seen the Incredibles yet.
                                    "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Kingsman: The Golden Circle 8/10
                                      I loved it like the first movie. No more popping heads but still very nice.

The Shape of Water 9/10
                                      Beatiful and atmospheric, but I don't think I'll watch this movie very often (but still more often than Pan's Labyrinth)

Murder on the Orient Express 8/10
                                      Kenneth Branagh's Hercule Poirot takes a little getting used to (visually), but the movie looks beautifully and is a joy to watch.

Tomb Raider (2018) 7/10
                                      I wasn't sure I'd like Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft, but in the end I liked her version of the character. Some things felt like a blunt Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade rip-off. Too little temple & traps stuff for my taste! In the end it didn't feel like a 2 hour movie - in other words: the plot felt a bit thin. A modern movie like many - nice, but not very memorable. I don't think it was wise to downplay the supernatural elements in the movie. Other than that, I liked the seriousness of the movie (over the Jolie movies).

Jackie Chan's Kung Fu Yoga (2017) 8/10 Well maybe it wasn't a good idea to watch this movie after Tomb Raider, because both felt rather similar. Both included ancient mysteries, over the top action and treasure hunting, and borrowed ideas from Indiana Jones - only big difference being the comic relief of Kung Fu Yoga. Puking lion!!!!!!
                                      But Kung Fu Yoga felt grander than the Croft movie. Yes, Jackie and the baddies started to sing and dance after the big end fight (Bollywood style), but even the temple/treasure set looked more impressive here. This movie makes Tomb Raider look like a missed opportunity.
                                      Last edited by Homunculus1916; 4th August 2018, 12:53.
                                      Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

Great movie had completely missed it 8/10

Not bad but a bit slow...ending is a bit off 6.5/10

i was waiting for more but in all honesty i fell asleep half way...but then again i was not feeling well.... need to watch this again

Good watch 7.5/10 it starts getting obvious but its a really good watch

Comment

I Think this is one of the best movies i have seen.... so original 9.5/10

Comment

Working...
                                          X