Rate the last movie you watched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avengers - Infinity War 6/10 - SPOILER !!!

Yeah, it was ok, nothing else. Simple story, standard actors performances, too many (bad) jokes, WAY too much CGI (Banner in Hulkbuster WTF), no scene without music/score to make sure your emotions get triggered, action scenes were cut to shreds so you could barely see what happened.
    Yeah, that was Avengers 3 for me. I remember that i thought "I understand Thanos´ intention, could make sense. I mean, just today it was on the news that us humans already used up the earths capacities for this year. Which means we are too many." BUT if you wipe out half of us it would only take 40-something years to grow them all back. So Thanos´ plan doesn´t seem very well thought through, does it ?
    Also, i didn´t understand what was going on with Banner. Here is the one moment in the history of the universe where you might need Hulk. And he wouldn´t show ?? Come on man ! Why do you write stuff like that ?
    Lastly i have to mention the situations forced on 2 couples. Gamorrha wants Quill to end her and Vision wants that russian girl to end him. *yawn* Why do we have to deal with 2 identical storylines in a movie where it´s already hard to focus on characters ??? OF COURSE there would be this moment in each story, where the spouse would say "i can´t do it". In Quill´s case it caused the death of half the universe !!!!! Such a stupid move. The romance between that girl and Vision is totally beyond me. It feels weird like that thing between Scarlett Jo and Bruce Banner. Like it´s only in there so some girls might like the movie too ?! I don´t know. Totally irrelevant.

Now, what´s next ? Do they stay gone ? Will Warlock and/or Captain Marvel continue the fight ? Or gets everything reversed in some multiverse ??

Comment

• Avengers - Infinity War 8/10 This is as good as a soulless Disney Marvel movie can get. As others have already pointed out, the masses of characters and different story lines were really handled well. It was a fun ride.

What I liked:
      + the musical score by Alan Silvestri that combined all the already familiar themes.
      + Thanos
      + the design of all his sub-baddies
      + they even had an open battle

What I didn't like:
      - cinematography: so much shots with very shallow focus that were painful to watch while the rest of the movie looked great in 3D. It would have been gorgeous in 60 fps!
      - when the movie ended, the story didn't.

What was really great:
      ++ Disney addressing a delicate political and environmental issue like overpopulation! I didn't expect this. It was a rather bold move!!!!

Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

• It been known ever since we heard about Avengers 3 that it would be a two parter. That's why the story didn't 'end'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stig View Post
          It been known ever since we heard about Avengers 3 that it would be a two parter. That's why the story didn't 'end'.
          I had seen that silly plan with all the movies years ago and already forgotten about it.

I'm not really sure it's a good idea to have a movie with way too many important characters and then killing off half of them, which still leaves us with 'many' main characters and expect farmer Joseph Average to get it that this was meant as a cliffhanger. I wouldn't be surprised if some were relieved by the decimation. Many people watch this just for the explosions.

Oh, and I've seen Jumanji and Coco, and both were great.
          Last edited by Homunculus1916; 6th May 2018, 12:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by Homunculus1916 View Post

I had seen that silly plan with all the movies years ago and already forgotten about it.

I'm not really sure it's a good idea to have a movie with way too many important characters and then killing off half of them, which still leaves us with 'many' main characters and expect farmer Joseph Average to get it that this was meant as a cliffhanger. I wouldn't be surprised if some were relieved by the decimation. Many people watch this just for the explosions.
            I, for one, is happy that the movies are more than just explosions and bright colours, even if this movie got plenty of both. There are probably also people who go to this movie without having seen any of the previous Marvel movies too. But that's on them.

Originally posted by Homunculus1916 View Post
            Oh, and I've seen Jumanji and Coco, and both were great.
            The orginal Jumanji or Welcome to the Jungle? I like both
            Was never able to catch Coco in the theaters and now have to wait until it's release late June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stig View Post

The orginal Jumanji or Welcome to the Jungle? I like both
              'Welcome to the Jungle' with Amy Pond. I liked that they made a connection to the original in mentioning Alan Parrish / his tree house. And the video game references were also fun.. 'cake is my weakness'.. who can't relate to that?

Originally posted by Stig View Post

Was never able to catch Coco in the theaters and now have to wait until it's release late June.
              OMG, you're really late in the game. Home video release was end of March down here. My daughter didn't like it, but I was really moved and it looks great (it also has very 'bright colours' ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Homunculus1916 View Post
                OMG, you're really late in the game. Home video release was end of March down here. My daughter didn't like it, but I was really moved and it looks great (it also has very 'bright colours' ).
                Pixar movies are usually about three months late over here. Which is strange, because Disney's own movies are released on or near the world premiere date.

Comment

• Avengers infinity war was awesome but some flaws that I thought should of been in it! But great movie!!
                  i give it a 8/10

Comment

• Game Night - Standard fair comedy that gives a few chuckles but no real belly laugh moments. 5/ 10 average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balrog3019 View Post
                      Avengers infinity war was awesome but some flaws that I thought should of been in it! But great movie!!
                      i give it a 8/10
                      im in agreement, i thought it was awesome watch, and I didnt know the story line prior...although I had a feeling some thing big would happen as its wide open for avengers 4 now and this tends to be the trend when making these films now, to maximize the profit margins.

i will give Infinity War a 9/10 with my reasoning that i was super excited to watch this film and although yes it could have been a better ending, im now even more super excited on where they go next with the story and i felt the action and crazy multi stories in the film left me walking away from the cinema fulfilled until the next one

Comment

• Watched The Greatest Showman. Overall was quite enjoyable. Although it lacked some character development it more than made up for that with a big heart. So I was more than happy to sit back and go along for the ride. Family loved it and my daughter has asked for it for her B'day. Shhhh we have already bought it. 8/10

I watched another film, well 3 actually. They were all quite long, although the journey never felt that way. They were about a small lad with a bit of a burden.

I highly recommend them, the greatest films I have ever seen, again. The LOTR Extended Edition. 10/10.

It was great to finally watch them using my soundbar and sub for the first time. Scenes like Moria just got another depth to them, awesome.

Now I'm just looking forward to the next time I see them.

Watched Zootopia with the family for the upteenth time. I love this smart, beautifully animated film. This is one of my all time favourite animated films that has so much in it for both adults and kids. Is it just me or do animated films have way more life teachings in them than pretty much every adult film that comes out. 9/10

Comment

• 1922- 5/10

A Quiet Place- 8.5/10

The Lost World: Jurassic Park- 9/10

Shrek- 9/10

Independence Day- 7/10

Everest- 8/10

Solo: A Star Wars Story- 8/10

The Sixth Sense- 8.5/10

Comment

• Jurassic Word 2: 5/10

A nice movie, but I don't think I need to watch it again. If a movie features an island with dinosaurs and an erupting vulcano, but the best scenes happen later back home at the "Dead Mountaineer's Hotel", then you know this movie is not as good as it could be. There are too much wasted opportunities and what is there doesn't feel very original. All the usual JP trademarks are there, it contains all the little stupidities I hated in the other Jurassic movies. It ends in a way that makes some cheap tv follow-ups possible (no need for exotic locations..). Other than that, I feel, the franchise is dead.

Comment

• Well you're wrong in one aspect, there will be a third movie as it was always intended to be a trilogy. So no cheap tv series.

Also, there are still other islands with dinosaurs on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                                Well you're wrong in one aspect, there will be a third movie as it was always intended to be a trilogy. So no cheap tv series.

Also, there are still other islands with dinosaurs on them.
                                The 3rd 'movie' will feature the return of Samuel L Jackson who has been cloned and is to be set in space.
                                The title is 'Jurassic Park: Mother F@#$*g Dinosaurs on a Mother F@#$*g Shuttle'

Still, dinosaurs are popular so no harm in more films I suppose. Shame to see it going the same way as Star Wars where a simple, good tale is milked to death . A bit like butter spread to thin it gets tasteless .

Comment

• Saw Deadpool 2 a while ago. Way funnier compared to the first one but most certainly one for the fans which I am so 9/10

Comment

• Saw Black Panther the other day. It didn't feel much like a Marvel film. Whilst it had a few moments with some cool effects I found the action to be so predictable and nothing we haven't seen before. Some of the acting came with an order of extra cheese. It's been a while since I really enjoyed a Marvel film. I find the anticipation to be the most exciting part before the big exhale of disappointment. I'll give it a generous 7/10.
                                    Last edited by Red; 12th June 2018, 02:40.

Comment

• Ghostland 7/10 Above average horror which can wrong foot you.

Starwars - Force Awakens and Last Jedi - 5/10 Purely a visual spectacle now with the same basic story being re-hashed over and over. It's Disney through and through ie Let's keep the moral conflict, one good vs one bad and confused Prince/ Princess in the middle and let's kill a parent!

Comment

• Originally posted by Red View Post
                                        Saw Black Panther the other day. It didn't feel much like a Marvel film. Whilst it had a few moments with some cool effects I found the action to be so predictable and nothing we haven't seen before. Some of the acting came with an order of extra cheese. It's been a while since I really enjoyed a Marvel film. I find the anticipation to be the most exciting part before the big exhale of disappointment. I'll give it a generous 7/10.
                                        Anticipation is your worst enemy

Comment

• Life of the Party - 4/10 Mellisa McCarthy and Co pushing their luck on the credibility factor with this 'Mom goes back to High School' tale. She must be contracted to produce a certain amount of films over a certain period regardless of how bad!

Comment

Working...
                                          X