Rate the last movie you watched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Last Jedi. It was ok I guess. The films don't really capture me anymore like the originals did. 7/10.

Comment

• Deep Blue Sea 2 - 0/10. If it had not been made as a serious film and poked fun at its own ridiculousness I may have give it a 3. Garbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red View Post
        Watched Last Jedi. It was ok I guess. The films don't really capture me anymore like the originals did. 7/10.
        Red At least it wasn't on the prequels level.. Here's to hoping Solo is decent...

Comment

• Re-watched The Descent 2 - pretty good but not as the first one 6/10 and Dark Skies - Love it 8.5/10 awesome watch

Comment

• So the early reviews are in for Avengers-Infinity War.

Epic, jaw dropping, gutsy, super entertaining not without its flaws. Sounds good to me.

Would love to take my son to this but alas he's too young
            Last edited by Red; 24th April 2018, 23:35.

Comment

So the early reviews are in for Avengers-Infinity War.

Epic, jaw dropping, gutsy, super entertaining not without its flaws. Sounds good to me.

Would love to take my son to this but alas he's too young
              Tomorrow is the day for meeee!

Comment

• Watched Red Sparrow not amazing but a good movie....and so raw and violent..... and so much much Jennifer Lawrence

Comment

• Infinity War 9/10

(pretty spoiler free review)

An incredible feat of an movie. I had high anticipation to this movie. An anticipation which for the last few months have slowly turned into a stomach wrenching fear that this would be a huge mess of action and characters. And for those who haven't seen the MCU movies, the movie do probably feel like chaotic. There isn't time for introductions of new characters (only a handful new faces is seen), but even with a runtime of less than 2,5h we do get several nice and quiet character moments

I am impressed with what the Russo brothers have managed to do with SO MANY characters, storylines and even have time to let us get to know the main villian a bit. The movie had several surprised and a lot of things happened which I would never had guessed would happen. Our little town had three showings of this movie yesterday (April 25th). I don't know how many people went to the 3D showing in the afternoon (up to 200 persons), but the evening 2D showings were sold out which means 500 + 200 was packed in the cinema. It is incredible rare to have that many people gathered in one room to have it dead silent during the quiet parts on the movie. And never before have I seen the majority of the audience still sit in their seats during the credits and discussing the movie - and to wait for a cut scene which could or could not be there.

Only tiny bits which held it from getting top score. A Bruce Banner/Hulk bantering thing I didn't really get, or felt that it didn't work. But could be that this is something which is a part of the bigger story arch in the future. And the actress playing Proxima Midnight didn't really impress me.

Comment

• Red I couldn't agree more! I've gotten so used to big blockbusters being pretictable.... But poop!
                    I can't wait for more people to have seen this cause it's so difficult to not talk about this one.

One tip make sure you've seen Thor Ragnarok first.

Comment

• Thor Ragnarok might be my favorite Marvel film besides Infinity War. Just saw it and it was amazing! Definitely a top 3 Marvel film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                        Red I couldn't agree more! I've gotten so used to big blockbusters being pretictable.... But poop!
                        I can't wait for more people to have seen this cause it's so difficult to not talk about this one.

I loved the movie, but I thought it was actually a pretty poor continuation of Ragnarok. Which I find interesting, as people blamed The Last Jedi of being that of The Force Awakens (which I don't personally agree with). Yet this film seems to get a pass (I barely see anyone mentioning it), where as people acted like it was the end of the world for TLJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Racquet10s View Post
                          Red At least it wasn't on the prequels level.. Here's to hoping Solo is decent...

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                          Red I couldn't agree more! I've gotten so used to big blockbusters being pretictable.... But poop!

We still talking SW or moved onto Marvel?

I saw the original SW as a little tyke with my dad so they're never going to beat those magic times.

I think LOTR has made so many 'blockbuster' films feel irrelevant.
                          Last edited by Red; 28th April 2018, 00:02.

Comment

• O dear... I quoted the wrong person I wanted to agree with Stig... Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

• No worries. We are easily confused!

Comment

O dear... I quoted the wrong person I wanted to agree with Stig... Sorry for the confusion.
                                I thought that was the case but didn't want to risk reading Stigs almost spoiler free post to confirm.

Us Mods are all so similar so easy to get us mixed up.

Comment

• The Avengers: Infinity War 8/10

Let me start off by saying that IMO opinion this isn't the best Marvel movie. It's good, yes, but not the best. But let me continue by saying that with so many characters and story lines, the writers and directors did the best they possibly could. I for one am very glad that I did a Marvel marathon with my youngest daughter (1 Marvel movie a week, starting January 1st and we were all caught up for Infinity War). If you're not caught up...

Anyway, the movie is a jumble of ego's and storylines, packed with action and a couple of funny moments. And a couple of sad moments as well. Thanos was more 'human' than I expected him to be. I could even relate to him at times. I think I even agree with him in regards to the problem he's trying to solve. I just don't agree with his solution... Also good to see a few familiar faces. Peter Dinklage has a nice 'little' role.

Comment

• Hey Ol. I had a quick browse of your review as i don't watch to catch anything that I'm not already aware of.

Just out of curiosity what Marvel films would you rate above it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                      No worries. We are easily confused!
                                      Originally posted by Red View Post

I thought that was the case but didn't want to risk reading Stigs almost spoiler free post to confirm.

Us Mods are all so similar so easy to get us mixed up.
                                      At least I got the mod part right

Comment

At least I got the mod part right
                                        Well technically he's the Admin. What the heck, yes you did.

Comment

Just out of curiosity what Marvel films would you rate above it?
                                          Iron Man, Avengers and Guardians 1 + 2 are my favourite MCU movies.

Only MCU I would be inclined to skip in a marathon would be Iron Man 2. Only good thing about that one is the introduction of Natasha Romanoff

Comment

Working...
                                          X