Rate the last movie you watched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rate the last movie you watched

    I searched around a bit, but I couldn't find a thread for this subject, so I made a new one. If there's a similar thread out there that I missed, well then Mods, go ahead and merge.

    For the rest, I think the title is self-explanatory.

    X-Men: Apocalypse - 8.5/10
    I really liked this one. I wasn't exactly bursting from enthusiasm to watch this, for two reasons. One, I guess because I thought Days of Future Past was a bit of a clutter. Two (and I might be in the minority on this, I'm not really fond of Jennifer Lawrence). But I went to see it yesterday and I absolutely had a blast! It was a thrillride of a film with a great antagonist that truly was more than a match.

  • #2
    Mine too was X-Men Apocalypse - 9/10 Loved it

    Loved everything about it and all the new characters especially Nightcrawler and Psylock (so hot )

    Comment


    • #3
      I too saw X:Men- Apocalypse and I thought it was ok.

      To be honest, Days of Future Past I really enjoyed, and felt of the new X:Men trilogy this was the weakest in the series.

      Apocalypse himself just wasnt a very engaging villain. He was rsther oedestrian and boring in my opinion. And his 4 horsemen were barely given any characterisation. Psylocke barely uttered a word. Once again Magneto was the only character with any substance.

      If there is one reason to see this movie it is for Quicksilver. He has fast (No pun intended) become one of my favourite X:Men and his 'scene' in this movie is brilliant. Very funny- its worth the admission itself.

      There is another reason with another fan favourite that Im not going to mention or ruin other than to say its a brutal escape that may link to something further down the line.

      Worth seeing, but doesnt come close to Deadpool or Captain America: Civil War. 7/10
      "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Warofoz View Post
        I too saw X:Men- Apocalypse and I thought it was ok.
        To be honest, Days of Future Past I really enjoyed, and felt of the new X:Men trilogy this was the weakest in the series.
        Apocalypse himself just wasnt a very engaging villain. He was rsther oedestrian and boring in my opinion. And his 4 horsemen were barely given any characterisation. Psylocke barely uttered a word. Once again Magneto was the only character with any substance.
        If there is one reason to see this movie it is for Quicksilver. He has fast (No pun intended) become one of my favourite X:Men and his 'scene' in this movie is brilliant. Very funny- its worth the admission itself.
        There is another reason with another fan favourite that Im not going to mention or ruin other than to say its a brutal escape that may link to something further down the line.
        Worth seeing, but doesnt come close to Deadpool or Captain America: Civil War. 7/10
        A good review of the film and I felt the same, Quicksiklver's 'scene' was the highlight of the movie even with the fan favourite appearance.

        I just finished The Two Towers, The joy of doing a webchat support job, onto The Return of The king =D

        Comment


        • #5


          Rewatched Source Code and to tell you the truth i had completely forgot what it was about. Loved it 7/10 very good watch

          Comment


          • #6
            X-Men: Apocalypse for me too. I thought it was a good movie, but not brilliant. I'd give it a 7,5/10. Like WarOfOz said, the Quicksilver scenes are excellent and very funny. Other than that, it's a solid movie, nice enough action sequences. But Deadpool has really raised the bar when it comes to superhero movies.

            Comment


            • #7
              I saw the new x men movie.good movie 7/10 my rate
              "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

              Comment


              • #8
                The last movie I watched was a Netflix special - Halo: Forward into Dawn....

                I give it a 2/5...

                Scriff

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eti View Post
                  Rewatched Source Code and to tell you the truth i had completely forgot what it was about. Loved it 7/10 very good watch
                  That's not old age getting to you is it ;) haha


                  I haven't seen X-Men yet, will when it's available.
                  Similar though - I watched Deadpool last night. 'Highly Rated'/10

                  I have seen it before, but wanted to watch it again. I've never been a fan of Reynolds' acting or the characters he plays; he's always a dick. And goes back to one of the first roles I saw him in, Blade III. Specifically the scene about his name tag ("My name is Fuck You"). The movie is really good, and well done. quite comical - and graphical. I did enjoy the "talking to the camera" style it had - similar to that of Sin City. If it didn't have Reynolds in it I probably would've loved it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yesterday I finally watched The Imitation Game on some movie channel. It is about Alan Turing and stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley, I really enjoyed it, and while you must be careful when watching any movie about history, I learned a lot. 9/10

                    Oh and Deadpool, even my Mom loves that movie!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just seen the "Warcraft" movie twice now ...Awesome movie ...it just blew me away.

                      Tom.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        rush hour 2. no need to say that was awesome

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Figurefreaks View Post
                          Just seen the "Warcraft" movie twice now ...Awesome movie ...it just blew me away.

                          Tom.
                          eh, how? Is it out already?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                            Yesterday I finally watched The Imitation Game on some movie channel. It is about Alan Turing and stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley, I really enjoyed it, and while you must be careful when watching any movie about history, I learned a lot. 9/10

                            Oh and Deadpool, even my Mom loves that movie!
                            How good was the Imitation Game! Benedict was brilliant as Turing.

                            I love these sort of movies.

                            Oh, and Deadpool rocks as well

                            Scriff

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                              Yesterday I finally watched The Imitation Game on some movie channel. It is about Alan Turing and stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley, I really enjoyed it, and while you must be careful when watching any movie about history, I learned a lot. 9/10

                              Oh and Deadpool, even my Mom loves that movie!

                              Never got to watch imitation game ....so iI will just get it on my hard drive and watch it one of these days

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Scriff View Post

                                How good was the Imitation Game! Benedict was brilliant as Turing.

                                I love these sort of movies.

                                Oh, and Deadpool rocks as well

                                Scriff
                                Yeah, he and the movie were terrific!

                                Originally posted by Eti View Post


                                Never got to watch imitation game ....so iI will just get it on my hard drive and watch it one of these days
                                I highly recommend it! In fact, it is showing again during my lunch, so I am going to take an extended break (yup, even on weekends, holiday ones at that, I am working and have scheduled lunch breaks) and watch it again!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  The Imitation Game is an excellent movie, I've seen it twice now. Cumberbatch did an excellent job as Alan Turing.

                                  Last movie I saw was Eye in the Sky. A movie about a military operation in Kenya where a drone pilot is supposed to bomb a house with a couple of high-ranked terrorists in it. All goes as planned, until a little girl shows up and starts selling her bread in front of the house and in the projected blast zone. Great movie with Aron Paul as the drone pilot (I almost wanted wanted him to yell 'Move, b!tch' at the girl), Helen Mirren as the colonel in charge of the operation and Alan Rickman as the general overseeing it all with a couple of government officials. So what do you get when you put Severus Snape, the Queen and Jessie Pinkman (oh, and let's not forget Ser Jorah Mormont) in one movie? A pretty damn good movie, to be honest. I thought they dragged out the outcome a little bit too long, but the message came across well enough.

                                  8,5/10
                                  Last edited by Olórin; 30th May 2016, 13:10.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Stig View Post

                                    eh, how? Is it out already?
                                    It is now ...premier this weekend ...13 days before US. ;-) ...one week with Alice and X-men. ;-)


                                    I have no previously experience with "Warcraft" ...but as a movie I've give this 9/10 ...awesome film.


                                    "Alice TTLG" I loved the first one ...and this one even more 8,5/10

                                    "X-Men" was a pleasant surprise 8/10

                                    Not so much for the little ones, but the animation film "The Little Prince" is one of the loveliest movies I've seen,
                                    in a long, long time. ..I predict Oscar nomination for this. 9/10


                                    The next movie on my watch list (Wednesday) will be "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles OOTS"
                                    ...expecting it to be just pure fun




                                    - Go see a movie -


                                    Tom.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Olórin View Post
                                      The Imitation Game is an excellent movie, I've seen it twice now. Cumberbatch did an excellent job as Alan Turing.

                                      Last movie I saw was Eye in the Sky. A movie about a military operation in Kenya where a drone pilot is supposed to bomb a house with a couple of high-ranked terrorists in it. All goes as planned, until a little girl shows up and starts selling her bread in front of the house and in the projected blast zone. Great movie with Aron Paul as the drone pilot (I almost wanted wanted him to yell 'Move, b!tch' at the girl), Helen Mirren as the colonel in charge of the operation and Alan Rickman as the general overseeing it all with a couple of government officials. So what do you get when you put Severus Snape, the Queen and Jessie Pinkman (oh, and let's not forget Ser Jorah Mormont) in one movie? A pretty damn good movie, to be honest. I thought they dragged out the outcome a little bit too long, but the message came across well enough.

                                      8,5/10
                                      Yeah, I am thinking of buying it, I could see it being a movie that I watch every once in a while.

                                      I have been interested in Eye in the Sky, I will need to check it out.

                                      Originally posted by Figurefreaks View Post

                                      It is now ...premier this weekend ...13 days before US. ;-) ...one week with Alice and X-men. ;-)


                                      I have no previously experience with "Warcraft" ...but as a movie I've give this 9/10 ...awesome film.


                                      "Alice TTLG" I loved the first one ...and this one even more 8,5/10

                                      "X-Men" was a pleasant surprise 8/10

                                      Not so much for the little ones, but the animation film "The Little Prince" is one of the loveliest movies I've seen,
                                      in a long, long time. ..I predict Oscar nomination for this. 9/10


                                      The next movie on my watch list (Wednesday) will be "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles OOTS"
                                      ...expecting it to be just pure fun




                                      - Go see a movie -


                                      Tom.
                                      I am glad to hear you liked Warcraft. Like you I have no experience with the Warcraft franchise, but as a big videogamer I really want to see quality movies based on games become a thing. It has been a struggle so far, but like comic book movies, I think it will get there.

                                      As for TMNT, I have been a fan since I was a little kid, and while I don't expect much from OOTS, I think you described the correct mindset you should be in to watch it, just expect fun! I will be interested to hear what you think of it.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Saw WARCRAFT today.

                                        I've never played the game, but having a general love of all things 'Fantasy' I thought it would be up my street.

                                        First things first - It looked AMAZING. Especially the Orcs.

                                        To be honest I was more invested in the Orc's story than the humans. I just didn't care about any of the human characters and their dialogue was a bit stilted. All their scenes left me a bit cold and wishing it would get back to the Orcs!

                                        The Orcs on the other hand were very well done. Interesting storyline, good characters, and GREAT design. I'd love to get a closer look at all the designs for the Orcs. Even the background 'extras' looked incredible.

                                        It's a pretty simple story overall, and they set things up for a sequel, which I hope we get, if only for more Orcs!

                                        6/10

                                        Great visuals, but no proper introduction to the world or characters leaves the 'uninitiated' out in the cold. If it wasn't for the Orcs this would be a below average fantasy film. But despite all that, if you're in the right mood, it's a lot of fun!
                                        Last edited by Beast; 31st May 2016, 09:32.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X