The 2015 Flamies Award Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2015 Flamies Award Ceremony

Welcome all dear members of the Flame of Udûn message board to the annual* The Flamies Award Ceremony - or just Flamies for short.
    *we can still say annual even if this is the first year, right?

This is the time for the forum to be a bit self-centered. You have over the last two weeks nominated your fellow members for the different categories of Flamies. This being the first year and all, a groundbreaking record of 35 members sent in ballots with their nominees. For those who was members of the old "Shadow and Flame" forum back in the day, may remember the Flamies as a yearly tradition going back several years. After a hiatus last year, we at the Flame of Udûn is bringing the Flamies back in a slightly refurbished version.

There's 10 categories this year, plus entries for The Flame of Udûn Hall of Flame. People have been waiting eagerly a long time for this and we are going to announce the first award in a few hours. I can hear the buzzing from the red carpet all the way in here, our place of party, The Green Dragon.

Firstly, some quick statistic from the year we've been through:

By December 31st 2015 we had:
    518 members
    806 threads/topics
    29151 posts

That's an average of 56 posts per registered member. And as the forum started in medio May, so these numbers are for just a little more than 7 months. Not bad!

The top 3 posters in 2015:
    1: Minuialwen (1478)
    2: Morgoth Bauglir (872)
    3: Stig (855)

Now, let's gather for the first annual Flamies here at the Flame of Udûn. Joy, dancing, applause all around. Maybe even some break out in twerking? Who knows what the evening brings.

Love and hugs, your FoU Team
    (art by Scriff)
    Last edited by Minuialwen; 25 February 2019, 20:31. Reason: Added table of contents and links

Originally posted by Stig View Post
    Firstly, some quick statistic from the year we've been through:

By December 31st 2015 we had:
    518 members
    806 threads/topics
    29151 posts

That's an average of 56 posts per registered member. And as the forum started in medio May, so these numbers are for just a little more than 7 months. Not bad!

The top 3 posters in 2015:
    1: Minuialwen (1478)
    2: Morgoth Bauglir (872)
    3: Stig (855)

Woooho! That's not bad indeed! Thanks to you, Stig, and all the mods who made it possible!
    And congrats Min for being in the lead!

What a nice Red Carpet!

Comment

It's starting!!!

Three cheers for everyone here, and especially our mod team!

Such a lovely red carpet and to the Green Dragon to boot!

Comment

Comment

I'm just glad I could participate in my first flamies.

Comment

So Exciting!

Scriff

Comment

So glad you could make it to the Flamies, Elessar.

Oh wow, you sure know how to make an entrance. Did you bring a bucket? I hope the rest of the guys coming don't trip and fall into that happy little poo.

Comment

Oscars or Flamies? Not a hard choice. *brings popcorn and sugary lembas for everyone*

Comment

Woah! Loving your red carpet attire Elessar! Very nice to see a matching theme with your mount as well. Though you might want to train Brego a bit better...

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                    So glad you could make it to the Flamies, Elessar.

Oh wow, you sure know how to make an entrance. Did you bring a bucket? I hope the rest of the guys coming don't trip and fall into that happy little poo.
                    Glad to be here.

I left my bucket on my other horse.

Originally posted by Little Lion View Post
                    Woah! Loving your red carpet attire Elessar! Very nice to see a matching theme with your mount as well. Though you might want to train Brego a bit better...
                    We try to match for the big events. Potty training has been a bit rough.

Comment

Nice entrance Ellasar!

Scriff

Comment

Outstanding entrance Elessar!

I'm just hoping that it is not the "mini minion" mod that has to clean up after such messes.

Comment

Here I am riding in my self-made armor on my trusted steed Fluffy... going to attend the ceremony

Comment

Great job with the red carpet, just watch out for that dragon

Comment

I'm afraid my bed is calling out to me, so I will probably miss all the fun. But good luck to everyone.

Comment

Look who we met on the red carpet ..... Our friendly neighborhood Spiderman

Comment

Originally posted by Herendil View Post
                                  I'm afraid my bed is calling out to me, so I will probably miss all the fun. But good luck to everyone.

Herendil, the Flamies go for over 48 hours and as us mods are from very different time zones we really can keep it going for 48 continues hours. Have a great sleep. See you on the flip side of the "day".

@ Sirjump, Oh no not another horse to clean up after.
                                  Great way to enter the red carpet, I will admit.

Great enterance to the Flamies Eti. Find a chair in the Green Dragon, sit down and enjoy a Sackville cider and the show.
                                  Last edited by Minuialwen; 27 February 2016, 09:48.

Comment

You all look great in your new attire.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                                      Sirjump a-cke-saved-href="#" href="#" class="b-bbcode-user js-bbcode-user">Sirjump data-cke-saved-href="#" href="#" class="b-bbcode-user js-bbcode-user">Sirjump =Herendil;n41609]I'm afraid my bed is calling out to me, so I will probably miss all the fun. But good luck to everyone.

Herendil, the Flamies go for over 48 hours and as us mods are from very different time zones we really can keep it going for 48 continues hours. Have a great sleep. See you on the flip side of the "day".

@ Sirjump, Oh no not another horse to clean up after.
                                      Great way to enter the red carpet, I will admit.

Great enterance to the Flamies Eti. Find a chair in the Green Dragon, sit down and enjoy a Sackville cider and the show. [/QUOTE]

Good to know that the Flamies will be on-going!

I too must obey the call of my bed. Though someone managed a lovely beauty shot tonight. Mind this wasn't quite on the red carpet...

Let's see how I end up looking by the after-party...............

Comment

Ah man! You are such a cutie LL.

pleasant dreams Little one.

Comment

Working...
                                        X