The search of the 36 a Gandalf the Grey Bronze Statues. Have you seen one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The search of the 36 a Gandalf the Grey Bronze Statues. Have you seen one?

This is the home of the search for the 36 Gandalf the Grey bronze statues. Many of you know of my search and travels to find and see this amazing piece. I had found 20 out of the 36 but my search will now start again as all my info was lost. Some I can salvage from the freaks board but I am looking forward to developing this thread once more. I will repost why this is a passion and my interview with Gary Hunt.

http://www.lotrarts.com/articles

In the mean time please post any images or leads you have on this amazing piece.
    Salvaged from the Freaks board:

Protoype Weta new Zealand
    AP 1Peter Jackson? NZ Should make him a bronze for bringing us LOTR
    AP 2 WETA New Zealand (sold on trade me)
    AP 3 Richard Taylor? New Zealand. thankyou for Weta!
    AP 4 New Zeland ?
    AP 5
    AP 6 Australia
    0 in Weta's boardroom..(Prototype)
    1 is with Sir Gandlaf in his Pub the Grapes.
    2 Peter Jackson NZ
    3 UK
    6 Germany
    7 USA
    8 USA
    10 USA (in a hole in the ground)
    11 France
    12 US
    17 listed on EBay Germany.
    18 listed on Ebay Germany
    19 UK LCTOYS
    25 Australia
    31 France
    33 UK now Germany (sold in 2014) Had photos in new home but lost when the forum went down. (Sold Feb 2021)
    34 Switzerland
    35 US
    36 Arlington Tennessee USA
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 18 February 2021, 23:16.

Good luck with your search Stormcrow only 16 left

Comment

Glad to see that the chase continues!

Comment

Hi Stormcrow!

Like in the old days of the S&F!!!! I'm glad so may people are back already! And what would a "Flame" forum be without it's "36 bronze" thread!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember only one bronze from your list: Salzburg, Austria (because that's my home country), probably an old flamer who was not active during my short time on the "Shadow & Flame". I hope my memory serves me right. I've only read about it in your posts - haven't seen it personally.

H.
        Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

Are you still looking for these? Man. You're not much of a hide and go seek player are you? lol'

Comment

Originally posted by Puzzlemaster View Post
            Are you still looking for these? Man. You're not much of a hide and go seek player are you? lol'
            Yes I am and will do so until I find them all. Determination is a strong point.

Comment

Comment

Stormcrow, I know where one is, honest I do . . .

See I even have proof . . .

[

. . . however it is one that we all know about, sorry about that.

Weta's board room

Thought I would place this Bronze Gandalf on here as well, hope you don't mind.

Gandalf on Shadowfax is found just outside Weta's boardroom . . .

Comment

#1 is at Ian McKellen's pub in London!

The Grapes
                  76 Narrow Street
                  E14 8BP London, United Kingdom
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n572[/ATTACH]

Comment

Wow! Now that's a start. Thanks for the photo's, just super!

Comment

I was going to post a picture of mine but the house was a mess .......................

Comment

Originally posted by oldduffer View Post
                        I was going to post a picture of mine but the house was a mess .......................

Comment

Originally posted by oldduffer View Post
                          I am responding to you now as your post count has reached 36! If you had one we would be married.

Comment

I'm sure Oldduffer has one of the missing 15, he would never mislead you on this.
                            Believe when he had his box bonfire that one of the flaming empty boxes was for one of these.
                            But sadly photographic evidence went down in uhhh flames.

Comment

Wish you luck Stormcrow Seeing you thread gives me a very "wetacollectos" forum feel, good old feel
                              King Kong Never Dies!

Comment

Ah, and the search continues! I have never seen the Bronze Gandalf on Shadowfax! That's so cool, Min.

The very same Fingolfin from the S+F and UCF!

Comment

Originally posted by Fingolfin View Post
                                  Ah, and the search continues! I have never seen the Bronze Gandalf on Shadowfax! That's so cool, Min.

I must admit, it's a beauty. I think this was advertised on eBay a few years back. It was listed as the only official bronze copy. I am assuming this is the one. I know I'd love to know more about it.

Comment

It was on eBay? Since the above Shadowfax is at the Weta Workshop, I wonder if it was the same one or another on eBay? I would certainly love to own this piece but chances are none I guess. I prefer it to the GtG Stormy.

Comment

The art-work in the Weta boardroom and reception area is amazing.

Very blessed to have been able to see it.

Scriff

Comment

Originally posted by Scriff View Post
                                        The art-work in the Weta boardroom and reception area is amazing.

Very blessed to have been able to see it.

Scriff

Is it accessible to the public or is there a tour? Or were you just a VIP scriff?

Comment

Working...
                                        X