The search of the 36 a Gandalf the Grey Bronze Statues. Have you seen one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jestjester View Post
    A few days ago the price was "only" 11.999 Euro.

Now it seems GANDALF is 8.000 Euro more valuable ... only one week later.

Comment

Originally posted by jackd1210 View Post

A few days ago the price was "only" 11.999 Euro.

Now it seems GANDALF is 8.000 Euro more valuable ... only one week later.
      Maybe he has ascended to Whitehood?

/ Best regards Fredrik

Comment

Gandalf hasn't been able to work because of the "virus that shall not be named" , had to increase his price .................. times are hard for Wizards!

Comment

Please keep this thread updated with any news.

Comment

So it sold! Does anyone know where it went? I'd love to have some info on its new home. Also if any new or old member know of any more please let me know.

Comment

The story of AP #6/6.

First of all, I’d like to say a big thank you to Stormcrow whom I consider more than a very good friend and more like a brother.

Stormcrow’s awesome thread about the search for the 36 Bronze Gandalfs’ led the seller of a comic book and collectible store in New York to the forum. No doubt in trying to find out more information about the piece and its value, he contacted Stormcrow. Stormcrow and I speak regularly about all things LOTR and beyond. He knew I was looking for the ultimate Lord of the Rings collector piece. And so, in March 2018, he informed me of this statue in New York and gave me the seller’s email address.

I emailed the seller and we managed to negotiate a deal but there were a couple of questions. One was why did this statue not have a crate as all the known others did? The other question was why was this an AP and how did it get into his hands? From Stormcrow’s list, all the APs belonged to either Weta, Richard Taylor, Peter Jackson or others unknown in the production side of things. Also, only 4 were known to exist at the time.

Interestingly the answers to both questions were linked and this was the answer:
              So I purchased this piece directly from a couple located in Brooklyn NY. They were both licensing attorney: The wife for Marvel and the Husband for New line Cinema. These were the people who issued the actual licenses to Sideshow/Weta so that they could make these. The Gandalf was presented directly to the husband as thanks for his efforts in making this happen. It was never crated.
              This explained why this piece was an AP (and now we know there are definitely 6) and why it wasn’t crated, as it was essentially presented to the couple from Sideshow.

The next step was to arrange a custom crate and shipping to Australia. Thankfully I have a good local company who have a wide network around the world. They managed to get in touch with their associates in New Jersey who drove to New York, picked up the statue, drove it back to New Jersey to their custom crating facility and created the perfect and most secure container to have it delivered to Australia. After lots of back and forth and many emails, Gandalf the Bronze AP #6/6 arrived in Australia in June 2018.

In 2018, lots of things happened which meant I wasn’t able to display this incredible piece. Attending SDCC for the first time in July 2018 was the main focus and when we returned, we moved into our newly built first home. I really wanted to do this piece of art justice in displaying it, so I resisted the temptation to display it until I had the perfect display for it.
              The next step was finding a professional museum quality display cabinet maker who could bring my idea to realisation. Also, after many back and forth emails, and completion of the build, the cabinet was delivered at the end of 2020.

Finally, below is displayed the Gandalf the Grey Bronze by Sideshow Weta with the number being Artist Proof #6/6. Please enjoy the photos and videos and I am happy to take more if there are requests. These are only iPhone photos but I plan to take better quality photos with my DSLR at some stage.

Once again, a huge thank you to Stormcrow because without your passionate thread or your friendship, I would have never been able to attain this magnificent piece of art and Lord of the Rings collectible history.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4133.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	224429 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4129.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	224430 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4085.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	224437 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4125.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	224436 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4102.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	224435 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4109.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	224434 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4116.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	224433 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4098.jpg
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	224432 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4123.jpg
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	224431

Comment

TheWhiteHand This is such an amazing story, thank you so much for sharing and WOW! What a display. Your kindness and generosity mean so much and I am glad to call you a brother. I am glad I could play my small part and finally find out there are 6/6 AP’s. Look forward to more high res photos as you are a super photographer.

Comment

Thank you for sharing the story of this wonderful statue. I would love to visit your museum one day

Comment

It's magnificent!

Comment

Congrats on an absolutely amazing grail! It looks spectacular in the case with the lighting!
                      https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Congrats!!!! Lovely display!!!

Comment

This grail is amazing !!!!
                          Congratulations!!

Comment

What a great story with such a magnificent ending TheWhiteHand . I'm sure the couple are extremely happy with the new home their Gandalf the Grey bronze statue is now in. Beautifully displayed. It 'only' took 3 years to obtain this piece and display it, for some that is just a drop in the bucket.

Congratulations TheWhiteHand and thanks for letting us all in on the story of GtG bronze AP 6/6.

Comment

congrats, this is the grail of all grails and it was 30 min away from me

Comment

This is such an amazing story and a true grail hunt! Congratulations

Comment

Incredible! Thank you for sharing this amazing story and grail with all of us.

Comment

it looks stunning.

Comment

EPIC!

Comment

Super cool! Thanks for sharing the story and pictures.

Comment

What an amazing story. You've displayed him wonderfully!

Comment

Working...
                                          X