Trivia Tuesday Season 2 Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this book the other day while cleaning out a bookshelf, great for those that want to practice for next Tuesday.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230118_171854.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	302135

But some of the questions are really hard. This is just a random page:

Name:	20230118_171733.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	302136
    Number 9 is Dori, according to the answers, but I don't know when he said it.
    Maybe after the barrel ride? Or while carrying Bombur?
    Anyone know?

/ Best regards, Fredrik
    Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting!

Perhaps Dori says it while escaping the goblin tunnels, as they were all chained together

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik Felagund View Post
        I found this book the other day while cleaning out a bookshelf, great for those that want to practice for next Tuesday.

Name:	20230118_171854.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	302135

But some of the questions are really hard. This is just a random page:

Name:	20230118_171733.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	302136
        Number 9 is Dori, according to the answers, but I don't know when he said it.
        Maybe after the barrel ride? Or while carrying Bombur?
        Anyone know?

/ Best regards, Fredrik
        This would be a great book for TMcLim, if everyone didn't know about it.

Dori said it in Chapter 6, Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire
        The Great Eagles had come for Gandalf and the Dwarfs, Bilbo as well of course.

"Other birds flew to the tree-tops and seized the dwarves, who were scrambling up now as far as they ever dared to go.
        Poor little Bilbo was very nearly left behind again! He just managed to catch hold of Dori's legs, as Dori was borne off last of all; and up they went together above the tumult and the burning, Bilbo swing in the air with his arms nearly breaking."

"Bilbo never forgot that flight, clinging onto Dori's ankles. He moaned "my arms, my arms!"; but Dori groaned "my poor legs, my poor legs!"

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

"Other birds flew to the tree-tops and seized the dwarves, who were scrambling up now as far as they ever dared to go.
          Poor little Bilbo was very nearly left behind again! He just managed to catch hold of Dori's legs, as Dori was borne off last of all; and up they went together above the tumult and the burning, Bilbo swing in the air with his arms nearly breaking."

"Bilbo never forgot that flight, clinging onto Dori's ankles. He moaned "my arms, my arms!"; but Dori groaned "my poor legs, my poor legs!"
          Well done Min! My first thought was also after the barrel riding when they are freed, I have never seen this book, would be a interesting and fun read!

Comment

Of cource. "Simple, as all riddles, when you know the answer ".
            Thanks Min.

/ Best regards Fredrik

Comment

And answered, and hereby I'm joining Warofoz in that wish reading the books again.

Comment

This week's question is up, good luck everyone! https://form.jotform.com/230235210202029

Comment

And answered of course

Comment

This one is really trixxxiii. He is a trixy hobbit, TMcLim.

Answered.

/ Best regards Fredrik

Comment

answered

Comment

Answered. No problem with that one. Loving my Trivia Tuesday quizzing! Thanks TMcLim

Comment

I love them Hobbitee questions, please keep them coming.

Answered.

Comment

I’m glad you guys enjoyed this weeks question! This one came to the other day and I knew it was a good one

Comment

And answered. I have to join in with the others: Just loooooooooove this quiz, thanks a lot TMcLim And I sure hope that you got more questions for us concerning that "small folk which lived in holes in the ground".

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen0605 View Post
                                And answered. I have to join in with the others: Just loooooooooove this quiz, thanks a lot TMcLim And I sure hope that you got more questions for us concerning that "small folk which lived in holes in the ground".
                                I have a few in mind, but I might have to space them out throughout the year

Comment

Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

No problem, as long as they're keep coming.

Comment

And here I thought you had 49 more questions of these wee folk.

Comment

And here I thought you had 49 more questions of these wee folk.
                                      I suppose I could ask for a certain hobbit hole name every week, there has to be that many. “What is the name of the hole in the east side of Gandalf’s cutting” haha

Comment

I suppose I could ask for a certain hobbit hole name every week, there has to be that many. “What is the name of the hole in the east side of Gandalf’s cutting” haha
                                        Now that is a tricksy question, as you see in Hobbiton the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, as we all know that Bilbo and Gandalf were looking into the east as the sun was setting, making almost all maps of Hobbiton that has East and West marked on it wrong. So are you talking Movie east/west or Hobbiton movie set east/west?

Now as far as number of hobbit holes go ... do you really want to go there ... cuz ... It's been too long since I have been able to talk hobbit holes to anyone about my beloved hobbit holes ... and once I start I may not stop. So shall we or shall we not?

Comment

Now that is a tricksy question, as you see in Hobbiton the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, as we all know that Bilbo and Gandalf were looking into the east as the sun was setting, making almost all maps of Hobbiton that has East and West marked on it wrong. So are you talking Movie east/west or Hobbiton movie set east/west?

Now as far as number of hobbit holes go ... do you really want to go there ... cuz ... It's been too long since I have been able to talk hobbit holes to anyone about my beloved hobbit holes ... and once I start I may not stop. So shall we or shall we not?
                                          Haha I think we will have plenty of time to talk hobbit holes when you come down to stay in that bed and second breakfast hobbit hole just outside of town!

Comment

Working...
                                          X