Clear All
  • Kyle

• May 2015

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
    I would like to present to you the
    Hall of Flame Members

From left to right
    Farthest row back: Ithildin , Kyle whom is on Stig's 'shoulders', Stig
    Those standing on Stig's more sloping side: Red , @Olórin , Minuialwen and Valar

In the front row: @Idril , Eti, FrodoEyes , Dave Mac , Magnus , Elessar , whom kindly allowed me to use Brego to get Scriff and N2Darkness into the picture
    Love it! And very true to real life, trying to hide behind everyone in a photo only to realize I am the tallest one!

Comment

• Ithildin

• May 2015

What a great photo!

I completely enjoyed the Flamies from beginning to end. I think it was the best one yet! Well done all you mods that put it together.

Comment

• Minuialwen

• May 2015

Originally posted by Kyle View Post

Love it! And very true to real life, trying to hide behind everyone in a photo only to realize I am the tallest one!
        I have the opposite problem, as I try my hardest to hide behind everyone in a photo and keep getting pushed to the front 'cuz I'm the shortest, which is worse. At least 'some of you' gets to hide Kyle.

Comment

• Idril

• May 2015

Lol. If only I looked like that.

congrats to Kyle and Valar and Magnus. Your shout I believe.

Comment

• Annabel
            Flamer
            • May 2015

Congrats
            https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3926879184060356&set=a.101214153293564

Comment

• ToyBiz 2 Polystone
              Flamer
              • Nov 2018

Great times, congratulations again to all the winners. I look forward to 2021, to the many collectibles new and old that I will be adding to my collection. I am very thankful that I was considered for some of the awards by my fellow collectors. I enjoy all the inspiration and great fellowship that occurs here on the forum. I wish all of you an excellent year of collecting and hopefully a return to some levels of normalcy around the world.

Comment

• Celaglar

• Nov 2017

Again a busy night Congratulations to all the amazing winners and what an honor to have won myself, although the item the thread discusses is actually to blame for that. Let's hope he makes our dreams come true.

Thanks you all for another amazing Flamies ceremony, I already look forward to the next one!

Comment

• Minuialwen

• May 2015

I finally have so 'down time' and am able to go though this thread and see all the things I've missed.

@Stig , Congratulations on winning the Good Samaritan Award!!

Congratulations my Admin/mod mentor, my forum friend and my friend in the real world. Thanks so much for letting me be a part of the mod team and allowing me to help out where I can. Thanks for sharing with me your friendship and your trust.
                  I am so very grateful that many members on this forum are starting to realize just how much time and effort you put into this forum. I know I only see a fraction of it, and the non-mods see only a fraction of that. This Award is THE most deserved awards of all those being handed out this weekend, and that is no small thing, as those were were extremely deserve as well. This is what it would look when you go up to accept your award if this were a 'live' Awards ceremony.

?

Congrats to that were nominated. Having 28 members nominated in the Good Samaritan Category shows just what this tiny forum is made up of. Great hearted souls that look out for one another in every way they can.

N2Darkness , congratuations on a much deserved win for the Collection Award. I was one of the ones that was so heart broken when you had to dismantle your Dungun due to moving homes. It is no surprise to me that your Collection room has come back with a 'cleaner' looking arrangement and one that is more organized. Your collection room is breath taking. Thanks for including us in the rebuild of it what a great journey and again a most deserved win.

Congrats to ToyBiz 2 Polystone , you also have a very drool worthy collection room. The competition on this forum is fierce when it comes to the Best Collection award!

Congrats to all the honorable mentions, you all have such inspirational collections.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                  That was/is a great thread and completly worthy of being voted as Thread of the Year. Congrats Celaglar for starting it!

LOL, maybe it's because I'm old and have seen and heard 6 decades worth of silliness but where did that thread go off the rails enough to warrant a +18 rating on it? I'm going to have to go back and reread this thread, I need a few more laughs today.
                  It was truly a fun read and Ithildin, and an informative one if you are interested in the various cabinets that Ikea makes. If you haven't already, you may want to go back to this post and start reading from there. It is not nearly as 'x-rated' as other threads have become. That said it still made me .

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                  [CENTER][IMG2=JSON]

Second inductee gets his second "first" on the forum this year. In July he become the new moderator of FoU. Valar had a steep learning curve, but luckily we had Minuialwen who worked as his moderator mentor. Minuialwen and I went through potential candidates for our vacant moderator role and when Min suggested Valar I think I went "hmm, yes... YES!" in my head. It's like finding a piece of the puzzle which fits perfectly. After he joined the moderator team I've learned to know Valar better and am so happy to have found this new team mate and friend. Welcome into the Hall of Flame, Val!
                  The 'second' "first" is so much easier that the 'first' "first" was Valar . Valar has been/is the perfect fit your our ever shrinking mod team. Laid back and relaxed, uses humour to diffuse the occasional 'sticky situation' and enjoys surfing all aspects of the forum. He definitely deserves being a part of the this most prestigious group.

Congratulations Kyle. All you so for this forum and all you have done has been incredible. So very glad see you voted by your peers to be a part of the Hall of Flame group.

Magnus ; our "back seat admin". Anyone that has helped Stig out like you have, when it comes to the forum especially, deserves to be in the Hall of Flame from day 1. I am so very happy that we were finally able to celebrate and recognize all the help that you have given to Stig and Charles before him in running of the forum. A few members know of you as the Weta member that pops in with a wee bit of news and then is not seen again for a very long time to come. If they only knew all of the story of what you do for us here on the Flame of Udûn forum.

It is great to see all 3 of you in the 'Historical Hall of Flame pictures' from this day forth!!

Due to a rather 'messy' Awards Ceremony*, it is taking longer to get things ready for the after party than usual, fear not, it is still to come.

*more like people have 'real jobs' they actually have to go to

Comment

• Valkrist

• Mar 2019

Congratulations to each and every single one of the winners this year, and a big thank you to Stig and all the mods that work tirelessly keeping the gears of this well-greased machine running every day. More importantly, a hearty thank you to all the members at large of this community for making it such a fun, relaxing, and friendly place to hang out for a bit every day.

I was shocked to see a few votes thrown my way in the odd category here and there, so to those poor souls that clearly were having too much wine when they thought of voting for me... thank you.

Thank you also for the lovely post for Andrew's In Memoriam. That was very touching and I'm honoured and humbled that my words were chosen to be included. I do miss that zany guy.
                    Last edited by Valkrist; 22 February 2021, 20:33.

Comment

• Valar

• Jul 2017

Just at work on my lunch break and trying to catch up on things!

Well thank you so much, all of you, for considering me for the Hall of Flame! Your friendship means more than you know and it’s an honour indeed.

The first round of drinks is on me!

Big congrats to Kyle and Magnus too, and very cool photo Min! Great to be alongside so many dear friends

Thank you to everyone here for making this forum the special place that it is, it’s a wonderful feeling to be amongst such good folks. See you all soon at the Afterparty

And now... back to work for me!

Comment

• Eti

• May 2015

Once again Mods amazing Celebration

And once again Congrats to all the winners...

N2Darkness winning collection of the year was no surprise... i absolutely love your collection and as others said before it was heartbreaking seeing you take down your dungeon to move...but as they say you have to come back stronger and Stronger you did come back... Well done once again Andrew your displays and your Craftmanship always Blows my mind. To me 3rd behind you and Ben is an honor for me as my collection is no match for yours and Ben's no way ...

Kyle you made it to the Hall of Fame well done my friend... very well deserved that you won that and Artist of the Year

Stig Good Samaritan indeed... couldn't have gone to anyone better

Comment

• Valar

• Jul 2017

Welcome everyone, to the
                          Flamies Afterparty!

It's a warm afternoon, the sun is almost setting, and the band is already playing some merry tunes in the distance, as folks begin to arrive

This year's event is being held as usual at the Green Dragon Inn, and also beneath the Party Tree, so please head on down as soon as you are ready, and please don't hesitate to wet your whistle when you arrive!

Or even before you arrive

Comment

• Red

• May 2015

So I just woke up from behind the bar(been there since last year's awards apparently) so what did I miss?

Congrats to all the winners so well deserved.

Lovely tribute to Andrew.

Welcome aboard my fellow HOF so nice to see you all.

A most excellent job Mods, went extra smooth this year. It must be due to getting rid of that Riff Raff...what was his name...something about some colour or other.

Keep enjoying my friends.
                            Last edited by Red; 22 February 2021, 21:59.
                            The Red Room
                            https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

• Glorfindel
                              • Jul 2020

That was great fun. Many congratulations to all the winners, and a big thank you to each and everyone who had a part in putting all of this together.
                              Happy collecting to everyone, it`s going to be an exciting year!

Comment

• bill59

• May 2015

Where did you say the bar was?

Cheers!
                                Bill

Comment

• Valar

• Jul 2017

bill59 arriving in style!

Welcome Red great to see you've made a head start at the bar already

Gaffer, Salvatore and EnShinNoi are making the most of this glorious warm evening, enjoying a pipe and some ale as they watch the other guests arrive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	355.5 KB ID:	209213

Foedhrass gets some sun, while Den pops out from behind a crate to keep a look out for new arrivals.

KingElessar has provided a barrel of Gondor's finest ale, upon which N2Darkness leans enthusiastically, waiting for someone to open it.

He's in luck, for it is said of the Horn of Gondor that it's voice will never pass unheeded, and "if it be blown at need anywhere near a barrel of ale, somebody will open it."

Comment

• Valar

• Jul 2017

And speaking of arriving in style, it's Clintwood and CroGoblin !

Both travelling from afar, following the river, and the forest paths, respectively.

News of a party in Middle Earth travels quickly, far and wide, it seems!

Comment

• Vicksken

• Jul 2016

O dear, seems like I took a wrong turn some where cause I have missed all of it Click image for larger version

Name:	e23a80b46e0e7aa25498cedc320087b7.png
Views:	129
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	209216

But any way, Congrats to all the winners! Each and every one of you deserves it!

Thank you all for keeping this place so wonderfull and thank you mods for keeping this ship afloat.

Now where's the door?

Comment

• Valar

• Jul 2017

Meanwhile, up at Bag End, RandyBaggins decides to relax and enjoy a pre-party snack in peace and quiet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	209218

After all, who knows just how much party food will be available later on?

Comment

• Valar

• Jul 2017

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	e23a80b46e0e7aa25498cedc320087b7.png Views:	10 Size:	237.1 KB ID:	209216

Now where's the door?
                                          A very good question indeed, Vicksken ! It's perfectly understandable to ask for directions when you seem to have made a very successful and impressive "early start" to this evening's festivities!

Here is the door, at the Inn of the Green Dragon

Click image for larger version  Name:	2a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	209222

If you all can make your way hence, our dear friend Ithildin awaits you there to show you all inside.

Simply speak the password to enter.

And don't worry if you've forgotten the password, he'll probably just let you in anyhow, as we're all good *friend*s here anyway!
                                          (That being the password, of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                          X